Closed Thread
Page 169 of 185 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    happy note - I have scan tomorrow just a check up one to make sure all is good doctors reasoning was due to baby being IVF which really made me cranky but I am over it just looking forward to seeing the little gremlin face.
    Yeah I keep getting that too due to ivf blah blah but I do have extra scans due to the diabetes but as u said at least we get to see them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls,

My MIL said she would come and stay when bub is born but must have seen the look on my face... she is now staying with my SIL... would have been DH's problem to sort out though!

Sorry girls I don't get why you get upset with docs being cautious because its an IVF pregnancy, it is an IVF pregnancy after all... I'm quite happy for extra caution and attention... after all we have been through its nice that that do take the extra care to look after our bubs and us... anyway that is just the way I look at it.

MIL is staying tonight... so I'll be on my best DIL behaviour tonight! XX

Thanks
    Reviews

Amyel - as Meshell said I don't mind the extra tests and scans etc as it put me at ease that little miss is ok its just how some approach the way bub was conceived as if there is a difference as once the embryo is put back its just like a normal pregnancy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies

Well it's only 3 days of work left for me - including today! Off to have brekky with a friend in a minute and then pretty cruisy day - have OB appointment this afternoon and our final birthing class tonight. Yay!

A question regarding fish - I hate fish - I hate the fishy taste and I just don't like it but I know that it is very important - especially at the 30 week mark and third trimester as that's when baby's brain develops faster, so I am asking for some advice on what fish to buy and cook...

I have the occasional grilled flake (which I know has high levels of mercury which is why I don't have it often) and I might have tuna pasta once a week but I don't eat that much of it. I am after a fish that doesn't look gross, doesn't taste 'fishy' and is easy to cook...any suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh my gosh my ticker is down to single digits - it's getting serious now !!

Thanks
    Reviews

SL - I have been taking the natures own pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins with omega 3 - DHA and EPA etc the whole time (I thought it was blackmores, but its not!) we don't eat a lot of fish either but are trying to!

24 days for me, good luck with your appt today SL, I've got an OB appt today too after yesterday's scan... I am looking forward to getting some comfort re: what situation we are looking at!

Kmvw - how are you going with your pp? All good I hope!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Ive been reading all the posts but been a bit preoccupied as I've had an awful few weeks arguing with DH! Over his mother issues. It's been really stressful.

However broom I think you were mentioning about pressures put on you by family when your little one is here. I totally sympathise and agree with everyone - put your foot down , remember its about you and your little one. You'll never get the time back. My DH is Asian so has an overbearing family +++ and they put immense pressure in me when baby was born to go out to yum cba after yum cha, meal after meal, endless pressures of visiting, I even remember having to breast feed in a dirty public stairwell exhausted because his family wanted to go out and eat. I'm not the kind of person to whip out my boob in front of others so needed privacy. I should have said no I can't come, but there was immense pressure by my DH and his family ". But my cousins come over from KL just to see the first grandchild" and made me feel quilty. To be honest I should have said p##ss off but didn't have the guts. However I regret it now soooo sooo much. The whole thing exhausted me and led to feeding and sleep issues. My in laws would often wake the baby up to cuddle - I should have said no, but let them, as a results we ended up not getting our DD to sleep thru the night to 18months!! ( imagine 18 months of no more than 4 hours Ina row - so hard). it's now caused a huge rift between me and his family in particular his mum that is eating away at our marriage. I'm so angry at their behaviour and find it hard to forgive. If only I'd said - I'm really tired today - perhaps visit next week.... Please broom for your own sanity decided what limits you are prepared to tolerate and stick to them. For example - visiting only between 9-11am, no cuddling unless baby is awake etc.... If you put the rules down at the start you won't be stepped all over.

Does anyone else have a cross cultural marriage?? My husband is Asian and their values are so different to mine.....in particular involvement of his mum in our lives...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

So sorry to hear your situation Gampa . Hope you are going to stronger this time. I can't speak from experience but would have thought that they should respect your beliefs just as much as they expect you to respect theirs.

Good luck Mrs o and SL with your appointments today

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Gampa, I'm sorry to hear. I don't have any experience with cross cultural marriages but just wanted to say hugs, hope it gets easier this time around. My in laws are interstate and my MIL is the "hands off" non interfering type, she has 3 boys - I count myself very lucky she is the way she is. I am not sure how I would cope otherwise!

Thanks dragonfly, am hoping the OB gives me good news like the CPP has completely cleared - but I doubt it! Will fill in the blanks this afternoon.

Hope everyone else is travelling ok.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow gampa that is alot to deal with so soon after your baby. Yes it is a time for family celebration, but to think they didn't even consider you and your bubs needs first. I have Hungarian in laws, but they are so respectful, it is my own mother that is always overstepping the mark and making it about her. Good luck with this one, sorry you have added pressure.

SL, fish, hmmm try some lemon sole or perch. Get it in foil, put garlic, salt, we even throw some soy on there and cover with the foil and bake or grill. DH isn't a big fish eater as he hates the smell but he manages with that. Otherwise head to your local fish and chop shop and get flat head in a light batter.

Enjoy the scans today ladies, hope things have improved.

Anyone else getting really bad reflux? Do you think it means bubs may Greg it too? Hope not

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (12-12-2012)