Closed Thread
Page 160 of 185 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Kmvw, with pp it is common for babies to lie transverse as they cant get their heads right down in the pelvis like they normally would. I have found I am more uncomfortable this pregnancy than the last as this sits really high and is in a totally awkward sideways position!

I also hear you in the sore spots - I watched my belly button totally pop outwards today while I was laying down and bub did some sort of acrobatic activity, it was uncomfortable and very disconcerting!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank god it's Friday tomorrow I have a hospital appointment on tues think its for the GD can't wait till the 18/12 as I have a scan to see the growth sucks having GD but on the plus side extra scans and I can see little miss my belly is hard as it feels like I have no more room and people keep saying I'm huge for only 26wks hope it's not a bad sign I mean I haven't been a small person for 5yr

Thanks
    Reviews

MrsOpt I think your right about the traverse position, I'm sure her head is under the sore spot on the right and I can feel her kicking on the left. I'm super sore on that spot tonight, I hope she manages to move soon. It must be hurting her little head rubbing on the one spot as well. If she hasn't moved by the morning I'm going to try a few different positions I read about from a website called spinning babies.

What a nightmare antenatal class was tonight, I had the sh*** with my DH as he made us 20 minutes late and we went into the wrong class! I wanted to learn about breast feeding, but no learnt about other crap instead so ended up even more annoyed.

Crafty have you done any classes at The Mercy yet? I remember you said you were due a few weeks earlier, we may end up in at the same time as I probably need a C/S at 37 weeks which makes delivery around mid Feb

Oh and boo to waking up every morning at 4am the past few weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that sux KMVW - I would have been annoyed with DH too!
    yes, I have been waking at 4.30 every morning for the past 2 months and can't get back to sleep - it really sux!

I forgot how annoying GD is - I have to take bloods 2 hours after main meals - that means I have to wait up 2 hours after dinner and I'm so tired (we didn't eat tonight till just before 8.. grrrr)
    anyways, thought I would pop on here and say hi while i wait till 10pm!

Meshell - you look amazing!! You haven't gained any weight!! good on ya!

im in the 3rd trimester today! 11 weeks till my induction... eeekkk!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

So I had my first antenatal class, boring as lol and the movie they showed for giving birth was a joke lol it was an arty slide shows of beautiful photography of a woman going through birth with a lovely song playing. They made out it was the easiest thing. The woman's vagina didn't even swell lmao. Everyone at the end of the movie was like oh that's not to bad I'm thinking are you seriously that stupid!! Got my blood tests back And apparently all is well no pre eclampsia and my kidneys and liver are fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh yeah and I rolled my ankle again!!!!!! Hopeless!!!!!! I think I accidentally Keyed my car
    In the process because I had my key out to unlock the door and then I fell right next to it and put the hand holding the key towards the car to steady myself which of course didn't happen and down I tumbled!!!! Embarrassing!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well good morning ladies - have just caught up on a million pages; have been doing handover at work so haven't had the chance to post - only 1 week left for me - next Friday is my last day - yahhhoooo!!

MeShell - you look gorgeous and oh my gosh yes you've popped! I've found in the last 2 weeks I've popped even more too although I've been showing from day one. Made up your mind on your boys name yet? I'm still loving Mason Christopher. I haven't asked for anything for Christmas either but will definitely want to do a 'yummy mummy' shopping spree haha! I agree mat clothes are a waste of money and I've been given so many clothes from my SIL and when I buy, I just buy larger sizes! Will have to pick up some more maxi dresses soon.

MrsSimmo - have always loved Maddie

MrsOptimistic - I can't believe 31 weeks - that's in 2 weeks for me so AMAZING to think what docs can do these days - very encouraging

Dragonfly - how nice for you to be there when you're friend got her positive test - she's obviously a close friend and so to get her something little would be lovely and a nice gesture - a cute rattle sounds great

Adden - Just pretend you live in US and you'll be fine ; )

Amy - what did the braxton hicks feel like? Still can't work out if I've had them...

Broom - hope you're feeling much better?

Nicsta - good point on the 2 cars 2 car seat thing - we have two but haven't even given it a thought - one of thems pretty crappy so I think we are just going to install one in the 'good' car. We do have a capsule a friend has lent us plus my SIL is giving us her old car seat we can use from newborn but honestly I don't think we would take the baby in the other car - worth talking to hubby about tonight though

Nala - I totally believe in a 'push' present however I'm not expecting too much as we have spent so much money on IVF and our wedding in the last couple of years. I bought a gorgeous wedding band and our 'plan' was to buy a matching band to wear on the other side of my engagement ring but the price of platinum is so high at the moment and I just don't think funds will stretch. I do collect swarovski figurines so I expect hubby will get me a small one of those. Great idea to do something for dad - I was thinking of putting together a 'new daddy' basket or something similar that includes stuff for the baby and for him - such as photo frame (I can get my SIL to go develop daddy and baby's first photo together', maybe a keyring, romper for bubs that says daddy is the best or something like that maybe a golf voucher yeh just little nick nacks like that.

By the way when I was with my ex I was certain that if we ever had a boy together his name would be Jenson - it went with the surname really well and I have always loved that name - doesn't go with new surname plus hubby doesn't like it but just thought i'd share

Also to finish this essay - what are you all using for burping cloths? Actual burping cloths, receiving blankets, or cloth nappies? I haven't seen these anywhere and the only cloth nappies I've seen are 'ready made' ones rather than the traditional flat ones yo have to fold yourself...any thoughts / help?

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    MrsOpt I think your right about the traverse position, I'm sure her head is under the sore spot on the right and I can feel her kicking on the left. I'm super sore on that spot tonight, I hope she manages to move soon. It must be hurting her little head rubbing on the one spot as well. If she hasn't moved by the morning I'm going to try a few different positions I read about from a website called spinning babies.

What a nightmare antenatal class was tonight, I had the sh*** with my DH as he made us 20 minutes late and we went into the wrong class! I wanted to learn about breast feeding, but no learnt about other crap instead so ended up even more annoyed.

Crafty have you done any classes at The Mercy yet? I remember you said you were due a few weeks earlier, we may end up in at the same time as I probably need a C/S at 37 weeks which makes delivery around mid Feb

Oh and boo to waking up every morning at 4am the past few weeks!

Hey Kmvw. No we are like Meshell and chosen to skip the classes. Hubby wasn't overly keen and I'd had too many people tell me they felt they were a waste iof rtime and the midwives would lead the way come game day! How did you find the class overall?

I was there yesterday for my glucose test, so glad that is over and done with! Have you been having your appointments there? Yesterday was only my second one as I've been doing share care, the wait is a nightmare!!!

Ooh we might be in at the same time, I'm due on the 27th at this stage.

Meshell you look great, nothing but belly!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL.. I think I vaguely remember seeing some cloth nappies at big w recently if that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL: You can buy traditional flat cloth nappies from big w or target, fluffy flats or something I think they're called. I got a pack of them to use as burp cloths, or any other mess bubs comes up with cloths. I actually don't mind the name Jensen, it's different, shame hubby doesn't like it.

Meshell: You have a beautiful baby bump. It's so lovely and round

Mrs Optimistic: 31 weeks is crazy, can't believe they sent her home after her waters broke at only 28 weeks though. In the DIG for January on facebook we have had 2 little preemies born, one at 32 weeks and one at 33, they are so unbelievably cute.

Broom: So happy that it's not pre-eclampsia, sux the sort of treatment you got from the ER though.

kmvw: I actually have a bruise on my stomach in one spot where I think little miss has been booting consistently or something, it's a rather sore little spot though. Oh and I wouldn't worry about being small at 26 weeks, they certainly start to catch up pretty quick once you get past the 30 week mark, Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

To everyone else, hope you are all feeling great and looking forward to meeting your little jellybeans.

AFM: My princess is stilling swimming in her olympic size swimming pool which is making her mummy very uncomfortable. Fundal height at my 34 week OB appt was 42, it was meant to be around 34. Sleeping is now pretty much impossible, get up to pee pretty much every hour, and usually have a patch between about 2am & 4am where sleep eludes me. But at least I am only working 2 days a week now, and only 1 more week of that too. Less than 5 weeks to go until I meet my angel.
    Have another OB appointment on Tuesday where I plan on discussing whether an early induction is likely.

34 weeks.jpg

My 34 week bump, please excuse the bogan clothes and dishevelled look, Had spent the weekend trying to get renovations finished.