Closed Thread
Page 158 of 185 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Hi everyone!!! Hope all is well.....

I've had a couple of scares in the past few days. I've had chest pains on and off with pain in my upper back under left shoulder blade and Braxton hicks that were coming in waves of minutes for almost 3 hrs and so I went to er where they found protein in my urine. It was really a waste of time going to er they are hopeless and reminded me why I hate that hospital. They said what I was feeling was ligament pain..... That is a load of sh&t I know what ligament pain feels like. This was pain at the top of my uterus squeezing and releasing. After they had slowed down my tummy was super tender and sore and swirling like I wanted to spew. They said to go back to er if It happens again which it did the next night :s but I sat it out because I didn't want to make a fuss. I've had Braxton hicks about 5 or so times now I'm led to believe. It hurts though it's no walk in the park like I've read. Who knows. This is my first child so I don't know what is a contraction or what Braxton hicks are. All I know is that when I'm unwell that bub moves quite a lot so I know she is ok. I think it's going to be a long 9 weeks.... Also have a rash on my feet and hands. Tiny little bumps that itch like crazy. My partner reckons I'm going to start swelling which begins with the itch. As all these things have happened I've googled and it is all symptoms of pre eclampsia :s I just hope that if I do have it and it goes undiagnosed that everything will be ok. The hospital is hopeless I still haven't found out my blood results and I have called in the past to find out a result only for it to be lost or they are too busy. I was sent home from er maternity because someone needed a bed. They have something ridiculous like 6 beds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Broom, Do you have an OB you can call?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Broom, Do you have an OB you can call?
    This ^^ or a trusted GP. Doesn't sound normal (although I have had some painful Braxton hicks...) I'd be worried about the chest pain and itchiness.

Did they put you on the monitors at the hospital? To check what was going on? I would just go back up to the maternity ward if I was worried - MAKE a fuss - who cares, you know your body better than anyone!! AND we have gone through so much to get here, you have every right to want to protect that and make sure every thing is ok - even if it is 'annoying' to them - so what - your peace of mind is more important.

You know that most chemists will check your BP on the spot for nothing too.

Anyway keep us up to date, hope it's nothing! x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

31 weeks that's crazy. What was the reason for the early arrival ?

Definitely push the issue broom you don't want anything to go undiagnosed and peace of mind is worth a million bucks.

Just been to a work Christmas lunch. Out if 30 people turns out u was the only one who ordered desert. Ha ha blamed baby for the sugar craving. Still was funny everyone waiting for me to eat it.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Waters broke at 28 weeks, allowed home (daily reporting/trips to hospital) contractions started at home 3 weeks later and within an hour baby was born!

Firstly the hospital didn't believe she was in labour and by the time she got there and saw the doctor it was too late to stop the labour! Like she said to me, one accidental push and she was out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Broom - I too would get checked out by someone
    please take care of yourself.. rest when you can!
    When I was on insulin I was monitored weekly - they have the heart rate thing on your belly and watch for contractions as well as your heart rate, pulse and bubs as well. peace of mind more than anything - it did cost money for me to be monitored, but i didn't care.
    please go see someone!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Just found out my friend had her baby at 31 weeks!! All is good, she had a gorgeous little girl - bit scary though!
    OH wow, that is early! glad everything is good with bubs and mum.
    Very scary indeed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Broom, as the other girls have mentioned, please go get checked out. It isn't worth it to be worried or have some strange feeling that is causing you concern. You know your body, no one else. Someone else mentioned do you have an OB? or a midwife you can call?

Let us know how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Broom definitely go to a GP, rash is not something to take lightly, best wishes all is well though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Broom hope you are ok and have been back I docs
    As of tomorrow I only have 99 days till little miss is due OMG so want to hold her