Closed Thread
Page 145 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Less than 3 weeks till I finish now! I am finishing up on 19th Dec... it couldn't come sooner!

All this hot weather talk and in Perth we are experiencing wintery conditions! I had no power when I got home last night and I am expecting the same tonight... although the weather is getting better, its going to be 30 on Sunday... crazy contrast!

I'll be putting our Christmas decorations up on Saturday... I think I have gone overboard this year... last year we got married in October and by the time that was over I was over people! So DH and I went away for Chrissy so it was just the 2 of us and our fur baby, I am so glad we did it cause this year I am so excited to have everyone over our place, I have even bought a Santa costume for my BIL to wear giving out all the presents to the nieces and nephews!

Hoping to get my GD results back today, fingers crossed it is all good :-) The hour test sucked I really don't want to have to do a longer one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Afternoon! 38 in Melbourne today...haven't left the office yet but it looks gorgeous outside - if I can drag myself to the swimming pool tonight I will otherwise I will pump the air conditioning at home!

I finally managed to get through the 3 hour GD test thank goodness. Had our 28 week growth scan which I had to lie on my side for some of the time for as I kept getting dizzy! I didn't voice my concern after our 20 week scan but now I'm slightly more concerned so need the support I guess....so little baby boy or girl whichever it may be has a dilated right kidney. It was found at 20 weeks and we were told that it was reasonably common (called renal kidney dilation or renal pelvic dilation or something) and that it usually disappears either before birth or within a few weeks of birth. So everything is looking great on bubs - right size, right measurements, heart beat is great, umbilical cord movements are great, left kidney is perfect - just this right kidney! I will speak to our OB in more detail if he calls regarding my GD test or when we see him in a couple of weeks as last time he said not to worry but now I am!!!! I googled - couldn't help myself - said that it could be downs syndrome worst case scenario, but I had a very low risk of this so I don't think it's that and everything is perfect with nasal bone etc. Then I read about all these babies having operations and injections and antibiotics so now I'm freaking! Also read it's more common in boys - so maybe a boy is on the way for us! Apart from that as I said bubs is perfect!

Had our birth class last night and did a tour of the hospital - our midwife even 'borrowed' a newborn baby and showed us how to bathe it - that was very cool - he was so tiny!!

Sorry for the rant girls - would love to know if you or anyone you know have been through this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    So excited my little sister had her baby boy this morning, 8.8pounds. I'm going to see him tonight.
    Congrats on the Nephew, very exciting!! I have 4 neices and 4 nephews its so much fun, so much love!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress too much SL... if it was critical they would be operating while bub was in the womb... plus you can live and very long healthy happy life with only 1 kidney... Also remember with Google is generally only horror stories that people write about!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you and bub are ok Nala... sounds like you have a good OB taking precautions like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Don't stress too much SL... if it was critical they would be operating while bub was in the womb... plus you can live and very long healthy happy life with only 1 kidney... Also remember with Google is generally only horror stories that people write about!
    Thanks Amy - I shouldn't have gone on google I'm sure all is fine I'll just have to make sure that I have a detailed conversation about it with OB next time we see him...

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats on your new nephew kmvw - enjoy cuddles : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cake Maternity Lingerie on sale on Ozsale :-)

http://www.ozsale.com.au/ItemsList.aspx?saleID=vUMtcO6BIkSj3XH9VNuSNA
    #

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    made it through the 3rd and last GTT!!
    Celebrated with some Maccas chips! hee hee
    I have had NO carbs/sugar for 4 days, so I'm feeling very tired, hungry and weak. Bring on the results so I can let it go or treat it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I am working as long as I possibly can, as long as my body will handle any way. I have put in I will be on leave first week of feb, baby is due 6 feb but I am really just takig it as it comes. Though as I get bigger I may have a little difficulty at work.

When do you plan on finishing up?
    Iv put my leave in I'm finishing on the 4/2/13 6 wks before she's due I managed to drop to 4 days a wk as of dec 11th due to the extra appointments I have due to GD and the insulin thing is knocking me about big time.