Closed Thread
Page 142 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I was the same as Meshell I went through The fertility Center in Brisbane was first attempt at IVF for an out of pocket expense of $1350 we were very luck it was our first attempt of IVF and even luckier as I only had one EGG and as they say it only takes one as mine took and wet are now blessed with a little girl due march xox also hospital appointment done little miss is well kicking up a storm and I only have to stay on insulin of a night woo hoo oh and iv lost 6kgs was ment to go to work after the appointment but couldn't be bothered lol hope everyone is well xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Sorry must not have made myself clear... I wasn't not going to invite her I just didn't want the invite to turn up this week... I will give it to her myself when I see her.
    Sorry to here about your brother

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amy, just caught up, sorry to hear about your brother and SIL. I think Meshells idea is a good one, and going over and having a good cry with her. I am sure will still be over the moon happy for you, but just upset and heartbroken for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome aboard Stephie! Glad to have you along.

So I had my first real scare on Monday. Was shopping and my eyesight went so funny, I felt really ill and couldn't really see. Put my glasses on (usually only used on the PC) and took some pandaine as I thought I was getting a migraine. had a horrible horrible headache all through my shower, but put on a happy face. They reckon my blood pressure that is usually fairly low spiked massively for me to have such a reaction. They can't confirm as I never actually had my blood pressure taken on the actual day, and now feeling totally fine.

So my shower was lovely, really nice seeing some of my girls that I haven't seen for a few months. My Nieces where on hand to help open pressies and eat. They even swaddled up two dolls and pulled where shirts down saying they where breastfeeding their babies (they are 3 and 8) it was very funny.

Had our tour of the hospital tonight at our antinatal classes, it is all feeling very real now! Need to get my labour and hospital bag sorted now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow it's been busy! Not much time right now to post but I went through repromed which is one of the leading clinics in Aust and my out of pocket was $2,500, I thought that was very reasonable!!! Obviously $1350 is better, but I was just stoked it was under $3000!

I'll catch up later, been working for 13 hours and my step son is testing me so best get back to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Stephiew, what is your due date? I am 27W 2 Days due on 24th Feb... Can't beleive it either, we where lucky to get a BFP first cycle, feel so fortunate considering what some of you ladies have gone though.

How is your planning going? Have you bought much for the bub yet? Do you know what you are having?
    Thanks AmyEL. My DD is 1st March. Another pisces for the household to join me and DH. Apparently we are having a boy, in typical boy fashion he had his bits on show for the morph scan, though only for a second so we were lucky to see them. He's been pretty shy ever since LOL. Haven't bought much at all. Have pram, carseat, cot and change table on lay by - to pick up on Saturday. We're actually moving house on Friday so just can't think about buying anything else till after that. But after the weekend I should be in better form to start planning. I am starting to get excited. And terrified!

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Hi Stephie - welcome : ) congratulations on your hard earned pregnancy. I'll do an updated roll call and you can add you due date and whether you are having a boy or girl or a surprise!
    Thanks SL1009. I'll update shortly :-)

Just had some devastating news from my brother... his partner and him went for thier 12 week scan today and found out they had lost the baby, just sad for them.
    Oh AmyEL, unfortunately I know exactly what it feels like to find out you've lost a baby at the 12 week scan. That's what happened to us with our first which we lost at around 7 weeks. My thoughts are with your family xx

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Welcome aboard Stephie! Glad to have you along.

So I had my first real scare on Monday. Was shopping and my eyesight went so funny, I felt really ill and couldn't really see. Put my glasses on (usually only used on the PC) and took some pandaine as I thought I was getting a migraine. had a horrible horrible headache all through my shower, but put on a happy face. They reckon my blood pressure that is usually fairly low spiked massively for me to have such a reaction. They can't confirm as I never actually had my blood pressure taken on the actual day, and now feeling totally fine.

So my shower was lovely, really nice seeing some of my girls that I haven't seen for a few months. My Nieces where on hand to help open pressies and eat. They even swaddled up two dolls and pulled where shirts down saying they where breastfeeding their babies (they are 3 and 8) it was very funny.

Had our tour of the hospital tonight at our antinatal classes, it is all feeling very real now! Need to get my labour and hospital bag sorted now.

Thanks Nala :-). That episode does sound scary. Hope it doesn't happen again!!! How exciting you've started antenatal classes. Ours isn't until late Jan and I've decided to keep my head in the sand till then. I fear that if I start looking into it I'm going to freak myself out. I am looking forward to looking around the hospital though :-)

AFM I've exhausted. We recently bought a house, it's due to settle on Thursday. Slight hiccup with the bank yesterday but now all seems to be sorted. So the big move is Friday. My mum and dad have come over from NZ to help us move. Yay for parents!!!! My work is so busy too, though coming into xmas season I'm starting to get booked up with lunches etc so hoping to have a few cruisy weeks. Have officially put my notice in for 1st Feb (4 weeks pre EDD). I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to fly by!!! Hope everyone else is tracking well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 20134th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci (ICSI) GIRL Eliana Lucia
    10th - Motherwillbe BOY
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta (ICSI) BOY
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000 SURPRISE
    23rd - Della77 BOY
    24th - Beeanksta (ICSI) GIRL
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    ??th - Mrsoptomistic (ICSI) GIRL

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23 (ICSI) BOY
    6th - Broomdyke (ICSI) GIRL Verity Rose
    7th - jparness
    8th - gampa SURPRISE
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009 (ICSI) SURPRISE Orlando / Rose Eliana
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL SURPRISE
    27th - Crafty45

Due in March 2013
    1st - Stephiew (IVF/FET) BOY
    2nd -Dragonfly17 BOY William Geoffrey
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83 (ICSI) GIRL
    7th - Adden (ICSI) GIRL
    11th - Kmvw (ICSI) GIRL
    13th - Rafiki (twins, Proberly come mid Feb)
    15th - Mrs Simmo (IVF) GIRL

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I have a friend who is starting her TTC journey and I remember way back in one of the ttw threads a run down of what happens each day ( ie implantation, hcg production). I have trolled BH for it as well as Google but no luck. Just wondering if any of you ladies might know what I'm talking about and where I can find it.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Sorry to intrude. Dragonfly I think the thread you are looking for is a sticky on the main IVF page. I've added the link. Hope it helps

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...r-what-happens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4asticky1 For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

AFM at Melbourne pathology waiting for my blood glucose test. My dr ordered the 3 hour one....so....first te nurse couldn't get my vein in my left arm, couldn't get vein in my right arm, stuck needle into my left hand but drew hardly any blood and eventually got enough blood from my right hand!! After being poked and prodded I then had to do a urine test which of course I couldn't do! So had to have sips of water and wait. In the meantime I nearly passed out and had to lie down!! Finally got the urine done and then was able to have my glucose drink - not that bad although not yummy either - very sweet and doesn't taste dissimilar to schweppes lemonade lol!! Now waiting an hour for second bloods then one more hour after that for third bloods then I can scoff the apple and chips in my handbag and get myself home!

Off to growth scan this afternoon and then pre natal class tonight - we're doing the tour tonight which will be good. Can't wait to see bubs again at the scan - little miss or mr is moving around heaps at the moment after that sugar kick lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    AFM at Melbourne pathology waiting for my blood glucose test. My dr ordered the 3 hour one....so....first te nurse couldn't get my vein in my left arm, couldn't get vein in my right arm, stuck needle into my left hand but drew hardly any blood and eventually got enough blood from my right hand!! After being poked and prodded I then had to do a urine test which of course I couldn't do! So had to have sips of water and wait. In the meantime I nearly passed out and had to lie down!! Finally got the urine done and then was able to have my glucose drink - not that bad although not yummy either - very sweet and doesn't taste dissimilar to schweppes lemonade lol!! Now waiting an hour for second bloods then one more hour after that for third bloods then I can scoff the apple and chips in my handbag and get myself home!

Off to growth scan this afternoon and then pre natal class tonight - we're doing the tour tonight which will be good. Can't wait to see bubs again at the scan - little miss or mr is moving around heaps at the moment after that sugar kick lol!!

Oohhh how unpleasant for you. Poor you.....bring on the next few hours so cyan get on with the day!