Closed Thread
Page 14 of 185 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Grebecci

I wouldnt have sex throughout the first 12 weeks and then after the first scan when hubby saw baby he is mortified I am now 19 weeks 1 day and havent had sex the whole time lol and I dont even miss it lol Lets hope that changes
    mines the same meshell, though I am saying to DH come on and he is shutting me down. Feeling very unloved and fat! but not really missing it so hey *shrugs*

Sorry I have been MIA lately, been kind of reading but been a bit distant with some family BS going on. Off on our babymoon cruise on Saturday can't wait, so tired and just want out of sydney for a while. (might even DTD )

Also we have decided that I am finishing up work first week of October which is awesome! It is just getting too much working all day on my feet lifting and bending, I come home so tired I can hardly walk, let alone make dinner and get the animals walked and all that jazz.

had a mini freakout that my timer has gone under 20 weeks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

So, does anyone have experience with complete placenta previa? *freaking out!*
    I had my 19 week us today and the sonographer confirmed pp. which explains the previous bleeding... My OBGYN isn't back until Monday. I have been told to go to the hospital for any bleeding in the meantime.... I'm very worried! any advice, experience is appreciated. PS so now my scheduled elective c section is not so elective and will probably be bought forward to 37w....

By the way, I'm having a little girl!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    I had my 19 week us today and the sonographer confirmed pp. which explains the previous bleeding... My OBGYN isn't back until Monday. I have been told to go to the hospital for any bleeding in the meantime.... I'm very worried! any advice, experience is appreciated. PS so now my scheduled elective c section is not so elective and will probably be bought forward to 37w....

It's a GIRL, congrats!!

A friend of mine had pp, had no issues at all except had to have a c-section. But since you were already having one, no biggie! Don't stress about it and stay away from google!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay!!! A little girl congrats!!

Can't help with the placenta problem sorry, first I've heard of it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

How exciting a little girl khutch lol I've been reading about the previa placenta lately I came across it when I googled about placenta being on the side if I'm thinking of the right thing it corrects itself to moving up later on in your pregnancy as the uterus grows within a lot of people. Don't stress about the bleeding til it happens and stay positive.

Meshell, you have your scan tomorrow!!!! Don't you? Lol. I'm very curious as to what they say your having not in a rude way of course because how you were talking about your hubby roughing up your little boy and being protective over daddys girl lol. You guys will be ecstatic with any bubba have fun at your scan!!!!!
    It's so weird to be due on the same date as you lol I wonder if we were going through our transfers on the same day and whether our bubs will come at the same time lmao.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Congrats khutch , wondering was the heart rate wives tale true for you ? All the best mesh , enjoying seeing your bub again. Hope everyone else has a fantastic Friday.

Oh I think I have conjunctivitis , yuk off to the docs for me.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Placenta previa is where the placenta is very low lying in the uterus and covers the internal opening of the cervix. It's graded 1 to 4, with 4 being the worst.

It means that if you went into labour your would bleed and sometimes severely needing blood transfusions etc. that's why they will section you early, and won't allow you to labour. Any bleeding is taken seriously so that why they asking you to go to hospital if you do. It's not a problem unless you labour ( ie the cervix dilates and stretches the placenta lying over it causing bleeding. You'll need to see the anaesthetist prior to your section who'll explain how they'll do the section. Don't stress about it. It's quite common but you do need to take care and go to hospital if you have any bleeding. Congrats on the girl -, I have a DD and she's 3 and we hang out, go shopping , put lippy on, and is so cute.....I think girls rock!

I have my scan in an hour for 19 weeks, stressed as cant feel baby move yet - my placenta is anterior over my previous section scar so baby may be kicking that so I'm not feeling it. I'm not finding out the sex as my in laws are Chinese and are desperate for a boy and making me feel like a failure if it's another girl...l.oh dear
    Last edited by Gampa; 14-09-2012 at 08:16. Reason: Wrong word

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Della77  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congratulations on a little girl
    No good to hear about the pp though - I'm sorry no info from me would be interested to know what it is...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    broomdyke i like we are due the same day

Khutch a GIRL!!!! How exciting for you!! I believe placenta previa is where the placenta sits at the bottom of the uterus or something I have heard its common like I know of people who had it before and I think they just had to have csect never heard of anything bad about it, I am sure all will be fine x
    Rub some of that girl dust this way I have my scan at 3.15 this afternoon eeeeek I am freaking out. Not about the sex of the baby just wanting to ensure everything is ok with baby. they gave us chance of 1 in 475 of downs and told me that it was just due to slight excess fluid on babys neck its not thickened so not much of an issue but they said my next scan they should be able to change it to about 1 in 2000 which I would love to see. The fetal medicine unit we go to will also do the scan in 4D for us so I am hoping I get a good look at little babies face and its resembling more of a baby then what it was at 12 weeks though that was amazing.
    A little nervous at work trying to kill some time til I finish at 12 meet up with hubby then drive into the city for our appointment eeeeeek
    Good luck today Meshell hope all goes well for you and everything is going great with baby boy or girl : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Placenta previa is where the placenta is very low lying in the uterus and covers the internal opening of the cervix. It's graded 1 to 4, with 4 being the worst.

It means that if you went into labour your would bleed and sometimes severely needing blood transfusions etc. that's why they will section you early, and won't allow you to labour. Any bleeding is taken seriously so that why they asking you to go to hospital if you do. It's not a problem unless you labour ( ie the cervix dilates and stretches the placenta lying over it causing bleeding. You'll need to see the anaesthetist prior to your section who'll explain how they'll do the section. Don't stress about it. It's quite common but you do need to take care and go to hospital if you have any bleeding. Congrats on the girl -, I have a DD and she's 3 and we hang out, go shopping , put lippy on, and is so cute.....I think girls rock!

I have my scan in an hour for 19 weeks, stressed as cant feel baby move yet - my placenta is anterior over my previous section scar so baby may be kicking that so I'm not feeling it. I'm not finding out the sex as my in laws are Chinese and are desperate for a boy and making me feel like a failure if it's another girl...l.oh dear
    oh darling i'm sure my in-laws are desperate for a boy too as they are Italian and I married their only son! Not finding out either!

one of my girlfriends had her placenta at the front and didn't feel kicking until around about 21 weeks so don't stress. I'm sure everything will be fine and good luck with your scan