Closed Thread
Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

My bub was born at 39w and was just 3kg (3010g) or 6lb 10oz and we were in 0000 for a while. It all depends... This one will be born anywhere from now on so I have some 00000, 0000 and some 000 just in case..

As for the will, my dh and I got ours done in 2006 (pre kids) as he was going OS for work. Our "future kids" were written into it, so no changes needed here. It is a good idea though, especially for care of kids and finances incase something (god forbid) happens to both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With nappies I have heard that woolies or coles will swap unopened boxes if you have an excess and ask nicely...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the same with sizing, you really don't know until bub arrives... its great when people give you advice based on their experience but that is just that, it is their experience take it with a grain of salt... I plan to have a few different sizes, we have been told that our bub is big, but I have heard many stories where they are told baby is going to be big and comes out alot smaller than predicted... I was 7lbs 7 (my mum's smallest but not her smallest now) and my DH was 9lbs 3 (but 3 weeks late) so who really knows... I reckon just don't get hung up on a "going home" outfit... things may change and your bub might even dirty it before you leave the hospital, they are going to look perfect to us no matter what they are wearing!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    My bub was born at 39w and was just 3kg (3010g) or 6lb 10oz and we were in 0000 for a while. It all depends... This one will be born anywhere from now on so I have some 00000, 0000 and some 000 just in case..

As for the will, my dh and I got ours done in 2006 (pre kids) as he was going OS for work. Our "future kids" were written into it, so no changes needed here. It is a good idea though, especially for care of kids and finances incase something (god forbid) happens to both of you.
    Absolutely - we also want to include godparents in the will if like you say god forbid something were to happen to both of us.

Speaking of godparents - how many of you gals are doing this / done this for previous children?

Thanks
    Reviews

We haven't had dd christened, but will probably do so later (she is 5 and starts at a private Lutheran School next year - not necessarily for the religion, but the quality of the education) so we will let her decide. If she wants we will have both kids done together. At the moment we don't have godparents (obviously) but have talked about (with the people we want) and made it clear in our will who in our families we want to look after our kids if something happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh well this little one is likely to be christened early on (all going well god willing) as my parents will be coming out from the UK to meet bubs in early May. It will be nice to have the christening whilst they are here, so baby will be around 3 months old. Re godparents as DH and I are both Catholic (and I converted to become catholic for marriage), none of my family are catholics and only his. In the catholic 'rulebook' only catholics can be godparents which leaves us with very little choice - happy for the first child but then subsequent children will be harder!! other religions (such as greek orthodox) can be 'sponsors' but not official godparents. I guess if we choose outside of DHs family we can have sponsors and specify them legally in our will anyway so I guess it doesn't matter - just writing as I'm thinking. We have chosen our godparents, but won't 'ask' them until after baby is here

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have wills, though need to get hubby to do one up asap as his fathers will is a right old mess and caused us so much pain and drama. you would think we had learnt!

As for Christenings, SL we had this with my SIL, they are catholic and as I am not I wasn't able to be godmother (I'm anglican) , but DH (he is catholic) is godfather. However, in SIL and BIL will, we get the kids if something should happen to them god forbid.
    Not sure what we will do, in regards to christening, I think it will depend on schooling more than anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catholics aren't that bad in my experience... I have 3 god children, the last one my DH and I are god parents together, he is not catholic but I am... from what I understand it is ok if at least one is catholic... but I think individual preists can be funny about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmm christening is an interesting one. I think we would if we needed to for schools but other than that I won't bother.

As for who to leave bubs to it's a good question and one I had not thought about. I think most likely one of my sisters as my parents will get old and it's their time to relax, so most likely my sister closest in age to me. It's a horrible thing to have to consider!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are baptist so we dedicate our babies and then its their choice with what they want to do when they are older (we do adult baptism.. i wasn't baptised till I was 17)
    we still don't know who to leave in charge of our kids. Its too hard!!!!!

AFM - not feeling great.
    lots of dizzy spells (almost passed out last night)
    not cycling today cause i feel so weak. its horrible!
    Midwife said its probably just blood pressure, but i wish i knew for sure what was causing it!!!!!