Closed Thread
Page 127 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i was just talking to one of my work colleagues who said don't even bother getting size 0000 basics for hospital...I have read elsewhere to get both 0000 and 000, but she reckons 000 will fit newborn (and did for both her girls) straight away.

Any experienced mummas want to comment please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    i was just talking to one of my work colleagues who said don't even bother getting size 0000 basics for hospital...I have read elsewhere to get both 0000 and 000, but she reckons 000 will fit newborn (and did for both her girls) straight away.

Ds was in 0000 for quite a bit. I would at least get a couple just in case. I found each size was pretty different depending on the brand.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - i would take a couple of both, thats my plan a few 000 and a few 0000. I have a feeling my baby is big! i am putting on a lot more weight now and my ribs are starting to hurt, not sure if its because the way bubs is sitting in there.

Meshelll you husband sounds hilarious! No the baby wont fit in 0, well i hope not for you sake!

Another financial planning question....do you guys have a will?

I feel like there is soooo much to do

1. Get finances in order
    2. Nursery - buy stuff and decorate
    3. Finish my house (we are upgrading some stuff and the lounge is still a bomb)
    4. Clean (nesting)

Im sure it will all get done one thing at a time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for the kind words about the nursery! Im so happy its coming together! just have to get DH to put the bassinet up now!

DS was too small for 0000.. they now make pre prem clothes in pumpkin patch I think. Wish they did 2 years ago! He would have almost fit Doll clothes!!
    they grow out of them fast, but I would have a couple just in case.
    oh, and even if they say don't bring clothes to the hospital, I wish I had. the small clothes go fast so he was swimming in everything they had for him!
    I will take some this time for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post

true,

don't waste your money on 0000 - babies will be 3.3-4.5 kg and within the first week will be out of them. they are such a waste. a loose 000 is far better and more practical. same goes for newborn nappies - they only fit to 5kg. so only get one box of newborn nappies - i think the huggies have a large box with 107 in them. try not to overspend on newborn things - i know its tempting and your baby is new and its exciting but in reality they are so much cuter when they are in 00 and 0's and everyone can see them then - at 0000 they are wrapped up in muslims and noone can see the outfit anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell you are too funny! How cute that the little one has little harley outfits. I saw some little motorcross skinny jeans on sale in the click frenzy _ i'm sure your DH would have liked them hehe!

I think despite 'advice' from my colleague I will def get some 0000 aswell even though I have a feeling I'll have a big bubba. DH and I are both tall and he was a 10lb baby! Adden I didn't even know some hospitals provide clothing! I'll def take my own

Nicsta - I called up re our will as neither DH or I have one in place. Fees are involved to change it if we want to name our child on it for example so we are waiting until bubs is born then will get on to it straight away.

Currently looking for life insurance plans as well - want to get this sorted before Christmas. Currently have cover through superannuation but need to compare plans to see which is best. I don't think we will worry about income protection for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    true,

don't waste your money on 0000 - babies will be 3.3-4.5 kg and within the first week will be out of them. they are such a waste. a loose 000 is far better and more practical. same goes for newborn nappies - they only fit to 5kg. so only get one box of newborn nappies - i think the huggies have a large box with 107 in them. try not to overspend on newborn things - i know its tempting and your baby is new and its exciting but in reality they are so much cuter when they are in 00 and 0's and everyone can see them then - at 0000 they are wrapped up in muslims and noone can see the outfit anyway!
    Thanks Gampa - yes I've heard about the nappies and we bought the box of newborn huggies (108) but that's all we'll get. I think I will get a couple of 0000 but mostly 000's

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I'm going private again and they provide everything in hospital. My take is to use everything you can cause then you don't have to clean or wash anything. But it is nice to have a nice blanket or something ( for photos. Its pretty cold in there so bubs is wrapped majority of the time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I'm going private again and they provide everything in hospital. My take is to use everything you can cause then you don't have to clean or wash anything. But it is nice to have a nice blanket or something ( for photos. Its pretty cold in there so bubs is wrapped majority of the time)

That's pretty good - I'm going private too but need to bring own clothes for baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a couple of 0000 clothes, and a few 000 clothes, I think I really need to stock up after the shower which is this weekend! very excited. Though a little worried. I picked up all my mums old fancy china sets and packed them up pretty tight, but dropped the box from car seat to road. Very scared to open them up, but probably should before Sunday hey?

I just heard my hospitals actually a bit warmer in the maternity wards, compared to the other parts of the hospital. So now do I take long sleeve and short sleeve or just wrap more if it is cold?

We have a box and a half of new born nappies so hopefuly that will be more then enough.