Closed Thread
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I have been thinking about this lately, my ivf clinic has been advertising for donors.
    We were originally planning to donate any left offers to science, but since having such a hard time getting out bfp I no longer think I could. I think now we will use all the embryos we have, if or family ends up bigger than we planned then so be it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

This was always a big concern for me too. We always got ample eggs (over the 5 fresh cycles we did) but we have only ever had 1 ( and this time 2) that survived the freeze. I can't imagine destroying them as I figure they are our frozen babies but still our babies. I also had a lot of anxiety ( before each collection) about donating too ( what if that child needed medical help or donation, we would or our children would be the best match. I was never really worried that they would not be loved as I think everyone who is prepared for the stress of Ivf really desperately want a baby and would that them like the angels they are.

If this pg is a girl that was going to be our family complete, but since we only have the 2 frozen bubs we are going to give them the chance of joining the world as part of our family.

This is a huge decision and only you and hubby can make it, but definitely use the full allowable time for storage to make up your decision if your not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews

The frozen embryo thing. I would like to think that we would be able to make the donation I couldn't ever just throw them away. My partner says she doesnt want to kill them either but it would break her heart to deal with an emotionally distraught adult with identity issues or if they told us of some terrible life they had but in my opinion any life is better than not living one and I like to believe the things we experience have a greater meaning. I vaguely know of a woman who donated her egg and apparently could ultimately decide whether she wanted some contact with the family whom she didn't know at all if the woman ended up having a baby from her egg. This was just recent too and I don't know how true this is lol. She was one of my mums friends. I also think I will have a few embryos left over at the end of the day and my partner also wants to carry a child using her own genes so we will end up with quite a few leftover.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just couldn't give one of my babies away :-( to anyone (I couldn't detach enough not to worry about them constantly!)

We only have 1frozen blasty and we'll probably keep him/her on ice until we are100% certain about not having anymore babies (or until the 10 year thing happens) then if necessary medically destroy (I can only consider this as an option because the likelihood it would survive the defrost would be slim anyway)...

Who knows in another 5 years I might decide I really want to Ty for another bub!

Thanks
    Reviews

We have 3 frozen blastys, quite amazing considering I have low amh and minimal eggs. I am hoping like hell they present us with the opportunity to have a second child, but I'm worried what if I put two back, it works and there is still one left over? Or both survive and we end up with twins? Highly unlikely but I do think about it a lot. After this pregnancy I feel I have minimal time left to conceive a 2nd child. I worry none of them survive the thaw and the dreaded IVF continues. I feel we can't even live overseas until its sorted as can't leave embryos behind nor the doctor we had. I guess eventually the decisions will be made but just worried at the moment it's too early to think about it til this baby is safely born.

Thanks
    Reviews

This is tough. Firstly I would keep the extra's for a few years even if we decide now that's all the kids we want to have. I do feel uncomfortable (wish I didn't) knowing there is a child out there that belongs to us if we gave the embryo away. I would most likely give it to research, never throw them away.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 13-09-2012 at 08:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I've been looking at Prams and Car seats this week... think I am going for the Infa-secure cosi-safe cs40cs Car seat amd the Bebecare Rverse XLR Stroller... The both rated well in the choice review and both reasonable in price.
    Exciting! This was one topic I didn't need to research as my SIL is giving us a lot of her pram so now we have a Bacino pram and Safe N Sound Care Seat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi all,
    we have a dilemma and would appreciate an opinion.

We have one 5 day grade a blastocyst in the freezer. After this baby we will have completed out family and after the rough time I've had with MS I i don't feel I can go thru another pregnancy.

What are your thoughts about what to do with this embryo. It breaks my heart thinking about putting my snow baby inthebin! But what are you all doing with left over embryos.
    as it is an embryo I can't bear to give it to a couple I don't know as I won't have any control over how they raise it. I offered the embryo to my best friend also on IVF but she declined it.

What are you all going to do?
    In our situation we had one frozen embryo left over at Melbourne IVF before we switched to Monash IVF. Due to the fact that we had 3 failed cycles at Melbourne, and then I got diagnosed with NKC and got some treatment for it on our first cycle, which resulted in our successful pregnancy now, we got rid of our embryo at Melbourne IVF, even though we want future children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...and just to add (after reading everyone's posts) it seems to another one of those controversial topics. Everyone has their reasons on why they would or wouldn't keep embryos. At the end of the day it is whatever you feel comfortable with...good luck on making your decision Gampa...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    In our situation we had one frozen embryo left over at Melbourne IVF before we switched to Monash IVF. Due to the fact that we had 3 failed cycles at Melbourne, and then I got diagnosed with NKC and got some treatment for it on our first cycle, which resulted in our successful pregnancy now, we got rid of our embryo at Melbourne IVF, even though we want future children.
    We were the opposite , did 5 cycles with Monash with no luck and 1st time success with Melbourne.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub