Closed Thread
Page 108 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Just a question... How long are people's partners taking off work when the baby is born?...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been looking at my ticker today.. 16 weeks!
    Im being induced, so 14 weeks!!! Oh my! this pregnancy is going so fast!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Just a question... How long are people's partners taking off work when the baby is born?...
    Im in a very lucky situation. My DH works for himself, and can (and prefers to) work from home.
    He is taking 4 weeks off (working from home)
    Saying that, we have no family to help.. so i really need it with a 2 year old!
    My dad may be flying in from Noosa to help, but I can't rely on that as he has only met DS twice (when he was a baby and at 6 months) so I know DS will take a while to warm up, plus with mum not giving him much attention.. mmm, its going to be interesting!
    With DS he was home for 2 weeks before I sent him back off to work! hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    My DH will most likely take 2 weeks; we're applying for the 'Dad & Partner Pay' from the government which is 2 weeks at minimum wage before tax if he takes unpaid leave from work. He also has a a bunch of annual leave and sick leave (which he can take as carers leave) which he may use some of when bubs is a couple of months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I have been looking at my ticker today.. 16 weeks!
    Im being induced, so 14 weeks!!! Oh my! this pregnancy is going so fast!!!!
    How awesome is it having a ticker - can't believe mine is down to 13 and something!!! I'd be so interested to know how many babies are going to arrive on their due dates. 'They' say that only 5% of babies do - but then my cousin had her little girl (her first) on her due date.

I found out that if I was to have my baby right now there is an 85% survival rate! How incredible is that? God willing we will go full term though!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Im in a very lucky situation. My DH works for himself, and can (and prefers to) work from home.
    He is taking 4 weeks off (working from home)
    Saying that, we have no family to help.. so i really need it with a 2 year old!
    My dad may be flying in from Noosa to help, but I can't rely on that as he has only met DS twice (when he was a baby and at 6 months) so I know DS will take a while to warm up, plus with mum not giving him much attention.. mmm, its going to be interesting!
    With DS he was home for 2 weeks before I sent him back off to work! hahahaha
    My hubby is taking 6 wks off how ever he has just today been told he's made redundant he lucky tho another company want him so he has a meeting with them in a few wks and will lay down the rules so we will see just to add to my stress sugars are still crap too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    My hubby is taking 6 wks off how ever he has just today been told he's made redundant he lucky tho another company want him so he has a meeting with them in a few wks and will lay down the rules so we will see just to add to my stress sugars are still crap too
    god what a stressful time for you - glad he's got another opportunity so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for partner off work time....well things have changed a lot in the last year for us, he would have taken long service leave, but he left his work and now has a new job, he has no annual leave as we got married in April and they have a forced shut down over xmas, so by the time bubs comes he will have maybe 4 days paid leave....

At his work you cant take sick leave as carers leave, which i think is crap and they dont give you time off....but i am sure he can take unpaid leave or go into negative. We are planning on 1 - 2 weeks off, maybe he will work half days etc, it depends on how things go with me.

Mrs Simmo - sorry about your DH, hope he gets that other job.

SL i am also looking at nappy bags....but i also didnt want to spend that much money. I decided today on this one

http://www.vanchi.com.au/fleetwood-carryall.html

My work friends are buying it for me which is nice. I really like it, but i suppose i might also need to get a cheaper (uglier) back up for if DH wants to take the bub out...ill just see how it goes.

I bought my cot today, they said 3 weeks until delivery! I ended up getting a Boori in white and i think it is poineer.... was a little pricey but seemed very sturdy, hopefully its worth the money. Also got the matress and 2 * matress protectors. I have chosen my change table/chest of draws combo from ebay and will order tonight, so as for "furniture" thats all i am getting for now, although maybe ill get a chair, but i am going to see how all that stuff fits in the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about all the bad stuff you have going on Mrs Simmo, just try think of the end result, holding your baby in your arms, I hope you DH gets a the new job. Everything crossed for you.

As for leave for my DH is taking 5 weeks, as he works away he only needs to take 2 weeks to get the 5 weeks so works out well for us, he may take an extra 2 weeks if I have to have a c-section, otherwise he will take the extra leave when bub is about 4 months old.

5 weeks till I finish work today!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    So sorry about all the bad stuff you have going on Mrs Simmo, just try think of the end result, holding your baby in your arms, I hope you DH gets a the new job. Everything crossed for you.

As for leave for my DH is taking 5 weeks, as he works away he only needs to take 2 weeks to get the 5 weeks so works out well for us, he may take an extra 2 weeks if I have to have a c-section, otherwise he will take the extra leave when bub is about 4 months old.

5 weeks till I finish work today!
    Yeah thank u DH has Lined up a job so we will be fine just another hump I have 12wks till finish work can't wait I'm soooo tired all the time