Closed Thread
Page 107 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Beeanksta View Post
    Hi all. Sorry in advance for the me post, but I am really in a bad way. Dh rushed me to hospital on Sunday night, was having trouble breathing and chest pains, could not top coughing. Turns out I have a chest infection, respiratory infection and tonsillitis. and to make matters worse I found out I have GD. So yesterday was quite a horrible day could not stop crying!

I haven't even though about packing yet, guess I should start getting things together. I love the pic of the nursery, looks like it is all coming together.
    I'm so sorry to hear your having a rough patch. Take some comfort in knowing it will allow be over soon and that we are always happy to hear your me posts.

Unlike others who are not pregnant or who haven't been through as much as we have, we get that it can all be very overwhelming and crying is all we can do. Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Any thoughts on special 'going home' outfits for baby?

It's Feb = summer! Do newborns need to wear more clothes even in the summer? I'm not sure whether to get something that covers arms and legs or if it would be ok to do short sleeves and no legs?? hats, socks? mittens?

A bit clueless here!!!
    I took size 00000 and 0000 to the hospital and the night before we came home my mum took a heap of stuff home for us including all the 0000 so when it was time to go we found that the 00000 we had were to small and so DS went home in one of the hospital outfits. Ha ha you can plan things so much but they don't always do to plan. Tbh it didn't really matter cause it was just close family waiting for us and he was wrapped in a muslin anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    The cot and yes the bumper is only for display it won't be on there once little miss is in there
    Its lovely, I love owls. If Will was going to be a girl that's what i had wanted to do. Makes it feel pretty surreal now its all set up hey.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Can I just add something - on that bub hub hospital list; under 'For Labour' it says Heat Pack. Now I know that people have different opinions on using heat packs whilst pregnant and in labour. In my opinion, I wouldn't.

I just happened to be talking to my mum about my brothers birth as I remember she said he was really sick when he was born. So the story was that he did his first poo (meconium) before he came out and he swallowed some of it. He was really really sick and made my mum really sick and she couldn't see or hold him for 3 days; anyway - it was caused because a nurse gave her a heat pack for her pain whilst she was in labour...just thought I'd share that story and no offence meant to anyone who chooses to use them
    Maybe you could ask at your next class. I don't see how a heat pack can do harm since a lot of people sit in a warm bath for ages during labour ( not to mention those dining a water birth).

U spent hours sitting under an extremely hot shower on an exercise ball with the water running on my back. It was the best pain relief ever

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nurseries being set up - how exicting mrs simmo looks great! We are painting next week and so keen to get that out of the way!

I got a 50% off voucher for Oroton sitting in my inbox this morning which made me very happy as I have been begging my husband for their gorgeous nappy bag but we just couldn't justify the money. Now that it's 50% plus I have a $75 only paying $170 for a $500 bag so going to pick it up tomorrow - very happy lady he's made me today!!

I can't recall who asked about the baby carrier but we will most likely be using a Baby Bjorn one borrowed from a friend and they are supposed to be very good

Looking forward to OB appointment this afternoon and also tour and first hospital class tonight. My FIL asked my DH what we were doing classes for lol it's so funny all the extra things we do these days that were never needed to be done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is moving to his big boy room on the weekend (here's hoping all construction is done by then!!) so my nursery will be being set up next week. You all have done such a great job! makes me want to get my but into gear!!!

I have a baby bjorn.. i didn't really like it. It hurt my back a lot (even though i have the chiro one) and apparently aren't the best for cubs (although DS is fine!!) apparently it has to do with how their legs sit?? all crazy if you ask me. the only reason we are changing is cause of MY back!
    DH will still use it with DD cause we really need 2 - they are a pain to keep adjusting!!!
    this time I'm either getting a ergo or a manduca. Thinking the ergo cause the Petunina picklebottom ones are so cute!!

I got my retainers yesterday - soooo painful! I guess having nothing on your teeth for a day your teeth will move. didn't realise how much! was crying last night i was in so much pain. argh! all the work i did in the last 12 months with my teeth and i have to wear retainers full time for 3 months. grrrrr

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    My son is moving to his big boy room on the weekend (here's hoping all construction is done by then!!) so my nursery will be being set up next week. You all have done such a great job! makes me want to get my but into gear!!!

I have a baby bjorn.. i didn't really like it. It hurt my back a lot (even though i have the chiro one) and apparently aren't the best for cubs (although DS is fine!!) apparently it has to do with how their legs sit?? all crazy if you ask me. the only reason we are changing is cause of MY back!
    DH will still use it with DD cause we really need 2 - they are a pain to keep adjusting!!!
    this time I'm either getting a ergo or a manduca. Thinking the ergo cause the Petunina picklebottom ones are so cute!!

I got my retainers yesterday - soooo painful! I guess having nothing on your teeth for a day your teeth will move. didn't realise how much! was crying last night i was in so much pain. argh! all the work i did in the last 12 months with my teeth and i have to wear retainers full time for 3 months. grrrrr
    good to know re the baby bjorn - will have a look at the other ones you suggested.

your poor teeth - i feel for you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Mrs Simmo - in QLD ambulance is covered by your electricity bill though I believe they only take you to the closest public hospital if I went into labour I would get take to Logan and I am not having my child there.
    So if I am at mums I have better chance of getting to Redlands hospital (that isjust worst case scenario) My sister inlaw had her first baby within 2 hours of first contraction.

As for baby carrier I have just been given a baby bjorn carrier. I want to get a mini monkey sling also. just for if I am out and about so I am still holding him but I have a bit of support around my back also, I like that it keeps there lil legs and everything all kind of wrapped like a little hammock.
    Meshell I want to get a mini monkey sling too buy DH isn't keen on the idea of a sling as he reckons it bundles them up too much so there neck is too much forward...

Anyone got any thoughts on slings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the idea of slings.
    DS was too small I think, so I got a bit scared of using one (he was 2.4kg's!)
    I just found with a small bubs that I was scared.. no idea why!
    I still have 2, so will try again while she is little (the ergo is for when they are a bit bigger - i think, unless you get the insert attachment thing)
    definitely recommend a carrier/sling, its awesome for still being able to do stuff around the house - and walks!

http://www.ergobabycarrieraustralia....fino-p-22.html

is the one I'm looking at. The prices on here are awesome - check them out compared to baby shops!
    Haven't found a manduca site thats as cheap yet!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I had a sling and a baby bjorn with my first. I personally didn't like the sling (it does bunch them up and I just didn't like that (particularly with the heat up here)... The baby bjorn was good, put a pain in the behind if bubs gets hungry and wants to feed! Good if your dp wears it :-) This time in not getting or using either and will just use the pram.