Closed Thread
Page 105 of 185 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    AWESOME hospital checklist - read the tips at the bottom too...
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/info/articl...hecklist.shtml

Your hospital should have a hospital bag checklist too - and don't forget to check what they include (for example my hospital provide bunny rugs, towels for bubs and 18 nappies)
    I was looking for that list earlier SL and couldn't find it.

Just with the hospital bunny rugs and things, my hospital provides them too, but they did say that because they are washed on a really hot wash that they are quite stiff and scratchy and they recommend bringing your own if you can. Don't know about the other hospitals though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I was looking for that list earlier SL and couldn't find it.

Just with the hospital bunny rugs and things, my hospital provides them too, but they did say that because they are washed on a really hot wash that they are quite stiff and scratchy and they recommend bringing your own if you can. Don't know about the other hospitals though.
    Yes we will be bringing our own bunny rugs and towels too so they are super soft and cosy for bubs : ) We're also taking bath/body products for bubs - we are using GAIA which is organic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any thoughts on special 'going home' outfits for baby?

It's Feb = summer! Do newborns need to wear more clothes even in the summer? I'm not sure whether to get something that covers arms and legs or if it would be ok to do short sleeves and no legs?? hats, socks? mittens?

A bit clueless here!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    They ca just swallow it when they go into distress whether the heat pack caused that or not. I prob wouldt use one but I know a few babies that swallowed it some are fine my husbands cousin has bad lungs now due to swallowing it.
    Maybe the heat pack is for after labour? Most doctors these days advise not to use one I believe.

38 weeks packing your bag. lol I would leave it that late. I have to put a list together for my husband so he knows what he has to put it the car when it comes time to gettig me to hospital. thats a scarey thought, I am nnormally the one responsible for important stuff. He has been given the lecture he best focus and make sure he has his sh!t together.
    He wants to send me to my mums a week before my due date as mum lives 10min from hospital where I live 40 minutes from hospital and if it all happens quickly I want to be closer to the hospital.
    Ah ok so maybe the heat was one of the factors that caused him distress; still I have heard not to use them either..

Good idea staying at your mums if it's closer. We live not too far away from the hospital (but there tends to be a lot of traffic in that area) so in peak hour it would probably take about 20-25 mins otherwise could get there in a rush in 10-15. In saying that though if I went into labour at home and hubby was still at work in the city (40-50 mins away) and it seemed urgent then I would just get an ambulance.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

If labour comes quick is there a cost in qld for ambo sorry I'm from Syd so no idea
    I'm still struggling with my sugars and its getting me down I have my next hospital appointment on the 27/11 this maybe my fate if I need to go on more insulin oh well I know it's for bub. I haven't even thought of bag packing yet I mean I have a bit to go still

Thanks
    Reviews

The cot and yes the bumper is only for display it won't be on there once little miss is in there
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

The other side of the room I do have owl sticker for the wall i need hubby to put up
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    If labour comes quick is there a cost in qld for ambo sorry I'm from Syd so no idea
    I'm still struggling with my sugars and its getting me down I have my next hospital appointment on the 27/11 this maybe my fate if I need to go on more insulin oh well I know it's for bub. I haven't even thought of bag packing yet I mean I have a bit to go still
    You poor thing hope you cheer up a bit!

Not sure for Queensland but I know my private health insurance covers one trip plus we have ambulance cover too which is unlimited

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    You poor thing hope you cheer up a bit!

Not sure for Queensland but I know my private health insurance covers one trip plus we have ambulance cover too which is unlimited
    I'm trying to stay happy and positive and no it's all for good reasons just wish it was straight forward

Thanks
    Reviews

In Qld isn't our ambulance cover paid through our electricity bills? I had to get in an ambulance and the hospital was just over 120kms away and I wasn't charged. I was rushed for an emergency appendicitis removal. Pretty scary.
    As for home outfit we have a little hat with matching summer short sleeved jumpsuit and little shorts. You can always wrap baby up in a rug if you think they are cold.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (14-11-2012)