Closed Thread
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My US showed a follicle developing nicely so giving myself a trigger tomorrow morning and fx!!!!!! How did ur US go? Can't believe how much it costs here!!!!!! Each trigger alone is $100, US is $80 (get some back thru medicare) and visit to dr is $100 and only lasts long enough for him to do an US and give me the verdict. So it's pretty much $300 each visit! He is the best fs in this area so guess he can charge whatever!!!!
    He said we can prob keep trying ourselves for the next few months seeing as I seem to be ovulating regularly now (well for the last 2 months anyway). Think we'll give it a try next month with Xmas around the corner and if no results by early next year go back to him. Good luck girls......hope u have some good news too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid Support thread #12

I replied earlier but it seems to not be here on app or web... So please excuse me if this comes up twice.

Was a bit disappointed because the follicle wasn't ready. He wants me to come back on Saturday. So better than nothing, but an annoying delay.

Fx it's ready on Saturday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    gosh that's $$$, are there any clinics around that you can go through? i pay $68 for my triggers and all my blood tests and ultrasounds are free through medicare - and i've only seen my FS 3 times and i think it was $300 per time (and i got about half back)
    Not that I know of. We moved up to north Queensland at the end of last year and this fs is apparently the best there is up here. There is another clinic at the hospital but it doesn't have the best reputation! My blood tests r covered on Medicare but I only get some back on my u/s.

Good luck for tomorrow girls! Let me know how u go. I hopefully ovulated tonight...I don't think we'll have much luck this cycle tho. My DH has just had to leave to go out of town for work and won't be back till Wednesday! I have my fx for both of u tho

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't know how big sorry. Didn't ask and he does get that specific.

No luck again today. He said there's not much happening. Have to go back and see him next Sat and he gave me some OPKs to use in the meantime. (Even though I won't ovulate without trigger?)

He also said that as I have been on the highest dose, we will be looking at injections next if this cycle doesn't work. Gave me some info to read.

We also asked about getting DH's sperm checked out. He was never really concerned about it before because we knew I had issues, but we asked today.

DH is not happy at all about having to do that, but he will and he was even the one that brought it up today.

Not sure how to feel about moving on to injections. I hate needles. but maybe this will be what I need?

Hope you ladies have more luck this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not sure Tormy. I've wondered why some people on Clomid don't need it. I need the trigger to release the egg. He said last time he sent me home with OPKs that it was unlikely that I would release it without the trigger.

We have thought getting DH checked was a good idea all along, but the FS wasn't overly concerned. Glad we are getting it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijjies View Post
    I'm not sure Tormy. I've wondered why some people on Clomid don't need it. I need the trigger to release the egg. He said last time he sent me home with OPKs that it was unlikely that I would release it without the trigger.

We have thought getting DH checked was a good idea all along, but the FS wasn't overly concerned. Glad we are getting it done.
    Sorry to hear Ijjies.....such a frustrating experience when clomid doesn't do what it's suppossed to. We got DH tested this cycle....apparently his quantity and speed are good but he has a slightly higher % of abnormal sperm than normal. FS said nothing to be too worried about but if we've had no success after a couple of months he will run more tests. Probably is a good idea for ur DH to be tested too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support lovely ladies.

I've been laying low the last week but decided to get back on here.

We saw FS again today. Still nothing, so i'm officially moving on from Clomid to the injections.

I start today and see him Wednesday. He wanted to see me Saturday but DH and I are going to be in Sydney for a long weekend. So I just hope thats long enough to see some results.

DH had his drop off yesterday (he was not at all thrilled with the process :P ) so we should have results when we see Dr on Wednesday.

So how are you guys going? What stage are you up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the injections Ijjies! I hope u get some positive results! I'm a bit scared of having to go down that path.....I have discovered that I'm not the best with needles! I dread giving myself the trigger shot each month. But at this stage I would do whatever it takes.
    I'm still waiting.....i could probably test now but have decided to wait until Friday. I don't think we'll have any great news this cycle tho. I feel a lot better about things now tho which is good. Last cycle all I could think about was if I was pregnant or not. Any little sign of possibly being pregnant got my hopes up and then I was devastated when af arrived.
    Good luck.....let us know how u go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me know how you go on the injections Ijjies, I'll be moving onto them next year in no success on 5th and 6th clomid cycles. I'm ovulating, just no baby yet

Feeling pretty stressed about how I'll handle Christmas surrounded by kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same Ainsleyp. Ovulating but not falling pregnant. AF arrived today too so another unsuccessful round Starting to get a bit frustrated with it all now! So not fair that some people can fall pregnant as soon as they start trying!