Closed Thread
Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Loveandlive keep us updated on your results.

Wanna I'm 5dpo too I also had bad cramps yesterday afternoon I hope it's not a bad thing. I'm not temping and if I did it would be inaccurate anyway because I'm getting the flu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully O in the next few days. CD-12 today!! OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, can I join u all? I am 34 this is my secon round of clomid, started on 50mg. Now on 100mg. First time around I was moody as! Had hot. Flushes and a really painfull ovulation. This time I have coped much better, trying not to stress and had 3 rounds of acupunture. Day 28 will be this satdy, been feeling fine, last time I thought every niggle was maybe pregnancy. But not to be. So this time I haven't got my hopes up. Hope u all doin well:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone I had my blood test this morning and the results came back that I O , so now it's just a waiting game I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahf View Post
    Hi guys, can I join u all? I am 34 this is my secon round of clomid, started on 50mg. Now on 100mg. First time around I was moody as! Had hot. Flushes and a really painfull ovulation. This time I have coped much better, trying not to stress and had 3 rounds of acupunture. Day 28 will be this satdy, been feeling fine, last time I thought every niggle was maybe pregnancy. But not to be. So this time I haven't got my hopes up. Hope u all doin well:-)
    Welcome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loveandlive View Post
    Hey everyone I had my blood test this morning and the results came back that I O , so now it's just a waiting game I guess
    Yay that's great!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There! This is my first time so please bear with me!

I’m 28 with PCOS (not IR but on 1500mg Metformin anyway). My supportive DH is 32 and no fertility issues. TTC since Nov 2011. Started clomid Nov 2012. Paid for 3 monitored cycles, which ended up using the stair step method, that goes as follows:

Cycle #1: 50mg clomid: no dominant follicles. 100mg clomid: too many dominant follicles. Cycle cancelled.

Cycle #2: 100mg clomid: no dominant follicles. 100mg clomid: dominant follicles so big they turned into cysts. Pregnyl trigger shot given to clear the way for the next cycle (and a very uncomfortable scan during my period revealed I was good to go!)

Cycle #3: 100mg clomid: dominant follicles not big enough. 150mg clomid: managed to catch 1-2 decent sized follicles and did a Pregnyl trigger shot to force ovulation before any other follicles could develop! Bloods showed that I definately ovulated! 2x 1500mg pregnyl shots to help support luteal phase. But, today AF showed up

So essentially I've had 6 rounds of clomid now (thankfully only paid for 3!). Not sure whether to try one more round, considering we finally made it through a cycle? Or do we look into injectables, or even IVF?

I'm adopted, and it's really important for me to be able to have blood-related family, if that makes any sense. Really apprehensive about IVF at this stage.

Sorry for such a long post. Hoping someone is patient enough to read through it all and reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi littleone,

Sorry to hear all you have gone through.For me I would do IVF (I'm going to ivf after 2 cycles of clomid) I just think for me IVF takes the best eggs and sperm and they do all the work for you to give it the best shot .For me clomid has too many ups and downs not saying IVF won't but the success rate is much higher.

Goodluck and fx to you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loveandlive For This Useful Post:

littleone85  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome little one, sorry for your long journey. I'm currently on my first cycle of clomid so I honestly don't don't much about it all yet. So I'm not much help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little one - I say def try the injectables!! There is so much more control over them and you're chances if you don't have sperm issues are probably quite good. My story was fairly similar - 2 cycles of clomid then moved to injectables with timed sex and pregnant on fifth cycle.

Clomid is very hit and miss and a wait and see approach if you ask me, injectables they can adjust the dose as you go to ensure you get some follicles then trigger then sex then utd haha hopefully! IVF is much more expensive than injectables but it will guarantee that you only have one embryo put back - I had one injectable cycle cancelled cause I ended up with 6 and for timed sex my fs didn't want more than 3.
    Anyway that's just my story, ask anything you like. Wish you all the best 😃

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greenfairy For This Useful Post: