Closed Thread
Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid Support thread #12

EmmyJ if you've got cysts on the ovaries it's considered polycystic, it's the presence of 2 other symptoms (not necessarily including insulin resistance - what's diagnosed from the GTT) that lead to the polycystic ovarian syndrome diagnosis. I have cysts on my ovaries, absent periods, thin hair and acne, and have been diagnosed with PCOS. Lots of ladies have the cysts without any other symptoms. I started on clomid but given how difficult it is to achieve a single follicle or two with polycystic ovaries I moved onto fsh injections after two cycles and found success with that after 5 cycles. There are lots of things they can look at after clomid before you get to IVF depending on your situation

2. The Following User Says Thank You to greenfairy For This Useful Post:

Emmyj  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmyj View Post
    Yes I am! Is that who u saw up here? Ur now seeing an FS on the gold coast aren't u?
    Yep, he is who I was referred to. I have a friend seeing someone else up here, I can get the name for you? He wasn't much interested in helping me, so I won't see him again. Like you said, not very thorough (didn't scan me or run tests after 14 month TTC).

I saw someone on GC late last year, and will see her again in April if still not UTD.

I'd agree with PP not starting clomid. I've done 2 rounds in an attempt to regulate my cycles and improve ovulation. First round didn't help (ie, cycle was still 32 days and didn't result in a pregnancy). It makes me really grouchy, creates hostile CM and some abdo discomfort. So if you ovulate on your own, I'd look for other alternatives. This will be the last cycle for me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Emmyj  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have just had heaps of bt done all came bk fine seeing fs next sat I will need to go on progesterone but my last fs said when I fall preg only it doesn't last long enough before I mc so I really hope sat I will find answers and yes that's why I hadn't taken clomid as I clearly ovulate fine and can fall preg its just keeping it now .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    EmmyJ if you've got cysts on the ovaries it's considered polycystic, it's the presence of 2 other symptoms (not necessarily including insulin resistance - what's diagnosed from the GTT) that lead to the polycystic ovarian syndrome diagnosis. I have cysts on my ovaries, absent periods, thin hair and acne, and have been diagnosed with PCOS. Lots of ladies have the cysts without any other symptoms. I started on clomid but given how difficult it is to achieve a single follicle or two with polycystic ovaries I moved onto fsh injections after two cycles and found success with that after 5 cycles. There are lots of things they can look at after clomid before you get to IVF depending on your situation
    Thank u for the info! Maybe I will give something else a try before IVF....guess it depends on what other tests my FS decides to do. I was a bit concerned about lack of follow up with each cycle of clomid. I've been checking my temp but for the last 2 cycles they've been all over the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    Yep, he is who I was referred to. I have a friend seeing someone else up here, I can get the name for you? He wasn't much interested in helping me, so I won't see him again. Like you said, not very thorough (didn't scan me or run tests after 14 month TTC).

I saw someone on GC late last year, and will see her again in April if still not UTD.

I'd agree with PP not starting clomid. I've done 2 rounds in an attempt to regulate my cycles and improve ovulation. First round didn't help (ie, cycle was still 32 days and didn't result in a pregnancy). It makes me really grouchy, creates hostile CM and some abdo discomfort. So if you ovulate on your own, I'd look for other alternatives. This will be the last cycle for me
    Thanks....I will go back to see him next month and see if he'll run more tests. If he doesn't then I'd love to get the name of the other FS. Thank u!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chan87 View Post
    I have just had heaps of bt done all came bk fine seeing fs next sat I will need to go on progesterone but my last fs said when I fall preg only it doesn't last long enough before I mc so I really hope sat I will find answers and yes that's why I hadn't taken clomid as I clearly ovulate fine and can fall preg its just keeping it now .
    I agree with the others....don't think clomid will help if ur already ovulating. Sorry to hear about ur mc

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies that's why I haven't taken it but bk on metformin in hopes that helps

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,
    I've been in and out of this thread since Sept 2011..
    I conceived my angel Pippa on my first ever round of clomid in oct '11 using 50mg... But my precious girl was born sleeping at 39 weeks on 11th July 2012.
    So I've been actively trying since I got the all clear. NOT OVULATED ONCE SINCE JULY!!!!!
    My cycles have been crazy long 50days and that was using Primolut to bring on AF.
    I have PCOS (30 cycst each O) and hypoplasia my lining is crazy thick!

I'm currently on my 4th round in a row
    This time 100mg and I'm in cd4. 3 days to go.
    Scans on cd13 (cd12 is a Sunday) and cd17....

FX I Ovulate!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry for your bumpy ride xx I have my fingers and toes crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default seeking support

Hi! just joined this group to hopefully get some support whilst I am on clomid. Am on my second cycle of 50mg and have had a bit of a rotten past week, feeling very unwell (hot flashes, headaches, nausea). Didnt have too many side effects the first cycle apart from a bit of irregular bleeding and some moodiness. Am finally feeling a bit better today, now Day 19 of my cycle and hoping things improve from here. Anyone else out there suffering a bit with this? Would love to hear from you!