Closed Thread
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clomid Support thread #12

I know exactly what you mean Tormy. Having it completely unexplained is so frustrating! Sometimes I wish they'd just tell me you have xyz wrong, and this is how we will fix it! 14 unsuccessful attempts under my belt, DTD at all the right times... I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a link I found about the full-fat dairy - http://www.fitpregnancy.com/getting-...fertility-diet - but don't get DH to have too much as another Harvard study said that to much full fat dairy in Men can reduce the quality of their sperm - http://www.dairyreporter.com/Ingredi...-Harvard-study

For those of you who are ovulating on clomid but haven't got your BFP yet I am so sorry to hear that not fair is it? Are you taking any supplements beyond folate? My natropath gave me a few options to help the clomid work better / support it as it does other funny things to you body eg: makes CM unhostile for sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Here is a link I found about the full-fat dairy - http://www.fitpregnancy.com/getting-...fertility-diet - but don't get DH to have too much as another Harvard study said that to much full fat dairy in Men can reduce the quality of their sperm - http://www.dairyreporter.com/Ingredi...-Harvard-study

For those of you who are ovulating on clomid but haven't got your BFP yet I am so sorry to hear that not fair is it? Are you taking any supplements beyond folate? My natropath gave me a few options to help the clomid work better / support it as it does other funny things to you body eg: makes CM unhostile for sperm.
    sorry that should have been "hostile" not unhostile!

Thanks
    Reviews

I took robitussun this cycle too. Will look at preseed if bfn this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and welcome newcomers! We're giving it a break this month too. I have still taken the clomid but not going to give myself a trigger. We're both just over the disappointment each month. I'll be going back to my FS next month to see what our next step is. I'm not 100% sure if I want to go to injectables. We're both thinking of going straight to IVF but I will wait to see what FS says. He mentioned running more tests on both of us if we were unsuccessful after 6 months of clomid.
    I'll have to check out that study on full fat dairy. Thanks for the info JB!
    Luckily I don't suffer too much from side effects with clomid. I'm on 100mg but all I've really noticed are hot flushes. They're terrible but bearable!
    Good luck to all of you! I'll have my fingers crossed for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else have gluten intolerance? For the past 5 years I've been getting some positive blood test results for coeliac disease. I've had endoscopys and colonoscopys in the past but they don't show anything. A gastroenterologist that I saw told me that he thinks I will develop coeliacs in the next few years.
    My FS told me that gluten intolerances can sometimes lead to cysts on the ovaries and there have been some cases where gluten has been eliminated from the diet and the cysts have disappeared and normal ovulation occurs. Anyway I have started a gluten free diet just to see if it makes any difference. Just curious if anyone else has or has had positive blood tests for coeliacs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - newbie to Clomid here thought i would come and join in. We have been trying for 12 months with no success - and finally my FS saw me last month and decided i havent been ovulating on my own - so she is giving me 50 mg clomid. Took my first round this month - had a follie u/s on Tuesday which the FS told me today i had a 20 mm or so follie on one ovary and a 15 mm or so follie on the other ovary. I do have 4 other kids - all from previous relationships - my youngest turns 8 today - but my DF has no kids and we would love to have one together.. Never thought it would be this hard - but back in the early stages of the relationship they talked me into getting a shot of depo provera instead of going back on the pill as we weren't sure if we wanted any kids at all. Worst thing i ever did! I fell pg with all my others within three months of starting to ttc for them - and now 12 months of nothing is devastating.
    Anyway - she said today that she would be expecting me to O sometime from today or the next two days - and i go for day 21 prog test on Wed next week. Wont get the results until Thurs or Fri tho... Hopefully i can O without having to ask about trigger shots and the like. I really am hoping its just a matter of my body forgetting what it should have been doing - and this might be the kick it needs in the pants so to speak. Have been taking a multi vitamin and folic acid for the last 6-12 months and even took vitex with no response so i was finally glad for them to give me something that might work.
    i do O and its not just a cruel joke that my body is playing on me that i have follies ready there...

*waves to Tormy* hey hon! Good to see you! Wish it wasn't here though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emmyj: We're at a similar stage as you are. We're on our 6th round of clomid and I'm at cd33 with no ovulation yet. We've already started doing our research into IVF and considering going straight into it if this 6th cycle is not successful. Has your FS ordered pelvic ultrasounds to check for cysts? Good luck with the gluten free diet! There are so pretty yummy gluten free options these days.

Thanks
    Reviews

AF arrived today, yay! Starting the 2nd round of clomid on Saturday (100mg) I really hope it works with time and I get a big O!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    AF arrived today, yay! Starting the 2nd round of clomid on Saturday (100mg) I really hope it works with time and I get a big O!!
    We're twinnies this month JB. I started clomid cycle 2 yesterday (50mg). Hopefully we have BFPs at the end.