+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Do you ever stay at home all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    I had one today. Stayed at home all day. I didn't go outside at all. Thankfully we have a beautiful backyard so the kids were out there but I don't always think families have to bee going out places. What wrong with staying home every now and then turning off the tv and iPads and just chilling out together
    I just quietly mad at home....

Plus we have a tiny yard and jasper is a bit like a puppy if I don't take him out for a run every day he'll start chewing on the furniture. No not really.... but he does need to get his energy out. Usually does okay on like a Friday at home as he's been at daycare the days before (that's with us still walking to dfs work in the afternoon. I consider that "staying home all day") but if we stayed home Saturday as well he is literally climbing and launching himself off furniture. And I've lost my mind as well. Not a good combo. I start shouting sensible things like "Jasper! Just. stop. Doing. Anything!" Or"jasper! Stop shouting at me!" ....oh... whoops... so that's what's "wrong" with us staying home.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 09-09-2012 at 22:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd2 is 9 weeks and the first 6 weeks were spent either in hospital or going backwards and forwards to hospital for tests or apts!!! Thankfully the last couple of weeks haven't been quite so hectic!!! Dd1 goes to daycare twice a week as she loves to interact with people and places. If we are home all week by Friday she is pulling her hair out and I'm a grumpy mummy which I hate. I'm usually out about 3 days of the week, I try to make apts when dd1 is at daycare and everything else is scheduled around dd2 feeding. At the moment I love days of just staying home...... Today we stayed in and accomplished heaps as dd2 slept and dd1 was a big help with the housework.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a great yard, but my kids get antsy if stuck inside/in the yard all day, even if it's a walk around the block, or to the play ground, or a drive to the shops they're much happier.

We try to get 3-5 play dates in a week though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We quite often have days where we dont leave the house/yard.
    For us I find so far we are much happier when we stay home - we get into a routine and its lovely
    I currently work 2 days a week so DD goes to care those days and then for the other 5 days of the week we try to stay home at least 3 days and do shopping/playdates on the other 2 days.
    Both DH and I are homebodies so even before kids we didnt go out much except for work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you ever stay at home all day?

DS2 is 4, we quite often stay at home all day bar dropping off and school pick up but we dont get out the car.

I enjoy the home days with him, we do puzzles, he loves to play Mario on the Wii with me, make cupcakes, watch movies or just muck around with his dinosaurs and cars.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you ever stay at home all day?

staying home all day is the story of my life.

I dont mind it, im a little homely at times. dd loves the outdoors though and this can sometimes make me feel guilty

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you ever stay at home all day?

We quite often are home 3-4 days of the week.

I'm a homebody and DS appears to be as well. When he was younger, if we went out too many days in a row he would meltdown when I said we were going out and refuse to leave the house!

We have a playdate one day a week, shopping another and he often goes out with DH in the mornings on weekends, or we all go do stuff.

Winter is worse as it rains a lot here and there isn't anything to do. In summer we go to the park whenever he wants for a while so he can run around.

But he seems happy. Will go outside and play with his trucks and the dog if it's not raining and if it is, he just plays inside or we do drawing etc.

DD is not yet 6 months, so she doesn't really care at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We go out 5 days a weeks to drop DD1 of at kindy and i sometimes then take DD2 out after that. Weekends we go out probably every second weekend. I like to stay home at least one day a week to 'rest' (using that term loosely..)
    At present we haven't left the house (bar one dr appointment) in a week. Going stir crazy but we are ill and contagious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need at least 1 to 2 days a week at home. Though, this might include ducking up to the shops to get milk, bread, veges etc. We would only be gone for a short while though. I'm a homebody, but we're also pretty social. A bit of an oxymoron really.... ha ha!

ETA My youngest 2 still have day sleeps, so no matter what, we're usually home by noon anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I stay home all day regularly... and I used to before she started school as well. I have only started driving this year (the year she turned 7) so getting out and about was never that simple...

I am a bit of a homebody though.