Closed Thread
Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Meshell he's beautiful!!!

Qlou-makes sure you eat lots of protein as well. Is you scan on Friday?? Sounds like you might be ready to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my scans on Friday! Hope so! Ok I'll up my protein too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwwh he's a gorgeous bubba Michelle. So teeny tiny I hope you're feeling better and are able to move around a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    So todays day 6 of stims & I'm feeling very Constipated. I'm eating loads of fruit & veg more than I normal do! And I have been drinking lots of water. Luckily I have today off. I feel like I'm gonna pop! So I off to the shops this morning to get some pear juice. Hope it works!
    I'm on day 4 of Puregon. I feel pretty good so far though a little full. I have a lot of gas - burping so much (and I never burp lol). Start injecting twice tomorrow. Should be interesting. I haven't iced any areas or anything. Just stick that baby in there.

I hope you get some relief soon! Good luck on Friday. What time is your appointment? Mine is at 7:45am. I hope there are some follies there growing away!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tryingforababy

I don't ice the area for the puregon but I do for the second injection (cetrotide) It hurts with-out it! My appointment is at 8:00am on friday! I'm looking forward to seeing how my little follicles are doing! Might see u there
    Last edited by Qloulou; 23-01-2013 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    Hey tryingforababy

I don't ice the area for the puregon but I do for the second injection (cetrotide) It hurts with-out it! My appointment is at 8:00am on friday! I'm looking forward to seeing how my little follicles are doing! Might see u there
    Yep might see you there. I will remember to ice tomorrow.

Eeekkk...I don't know why but I'm so scared of OHSS. It seems to be more common than I thought. Should I be concerned with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi girls,

I have done Ivf with westmead and I've heard springwood now do the same thing but cheaper.
    What's the go with how much they stim you for with eggs.
    Last time I had 16 eggs, 5 made it too blastocyst
    I hear they don't freeze?
    So how many do they let you grow?
    Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Hi girls,

I have done Ivf with westmead and I've heard springwood now do the same thing but cheaper.
    Does this make sense?
    Hi!!

Not sure on this years prices, will find out in two weeks. First cycle is around $1400.

They start you on a low dose but will go over your history. They aim for quality not quantity.

They will try and fertilize ALL eggs. I had 14 on my last cycle and 11 fertilised.

They only grow to day 3.

Will let ALL embryos grow.

Freezing is and extra cost, approx $1000. They tell you how many are worth freezing but you can freeze all if you like.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chai01 View Post
    Hi gals,
    Hope you don't mind me crashing the thread, but I am a newbie looking to begin IVF sometime this year (fingers crossed). I am very excited to see this low cost clinic, as this wold be our ONLY option. You all seem to have n endless wealth of knowledge, can I pick your brains?
    I have a few questions about the clinic:
    - can anyone advise me how flexible they are for appointments? I.e. would I be ale to easily make an early morning appt around 7-9ish?
    - what type of cycles do they do? Down reg or stim? To be honest I don't even know the difference, just trying to research as much as possible
    - what type of pain relief/sedation is used for EPU?

i wish of all the best and thanks in advance for all the help and support no doubt you will provide me with for the future
    Hi chai,

Most appt are in the morning. The drs only work 7:30/8am to around midday. They work on a roster so you may not get the same dr each time. Bloods and scans are in the morning too. The further ahead you book the easier it is to pick your times.

Not too sure what they call the cycle?? You take the pill for a couple of weeks, stop, have a bleed, start injecting, introduce another injection, have scans, use the trigger then EPU. All up about 4-5 week process depending on your response to the drugs.

Not sure what they use for EPU at the moment. My first was gas, 2 Panadeine and 2 diazepam. It was awful. Second one I added 2 endone to the cocktail and it was pain free.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Did you freeze yours?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Hi girls,

Does this make sense?
    Sorry to jump in they don't freeze there it is an additional fee of 1500 they are sent to QFG
    I had only 2 eggs but only one fertilized with that I'm now 33 wks pregnant first attempt at ivf all the best x