Closed Thread
Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Hey ladies! Finally sorted out my private health. I've got it purely to birth at my hospital of choice, expensive way around it but I'm adamant the Mater is where I want to be. My waiting period is up on 10.1.14. It does seem far away but I can have EPU from 30.4.13 onwards, which is great cause we get back from NZ on the 7th.

I want to be on a lower dose this time, maybe back down on 75iu like my first cycle. I don't want to risk ohss and possible cancellation of ET again.

I'm seeing Tal for the first time on the 4th, anyone have any opinions of him? He's new to it all (top gynae though) so I'm a little concerned about his knowledge.
    I'm booked in at the mater there great I am public tho due to the costs of ivf etc couldn't do privet but I must say all the mid wife's there and OBs are great even for public
    Wish you well and soon you will be cycling best of luck have a great trip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks girlies. I work there so makes sense for all appointments. The extra cost was a huge decision but my hubby said what ever I wanted we would do. I've become so paranoid about having complications I want the extra monitoring. Also, having the nicu nearby just in case. My way of thinking is if it's there, I won't need it I also want the extra nights in hospy if I'm not coping as me and DH are alone in OZ, everyone lives in NZ.
    I was losing sleep over it all, and feel much more relaxed now.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-01-2013 at 20:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Qloulou, how'd you go this morning??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    I'm booked in at the mater there great I am public tho due to the costs of ivf etc couldn't do privet but I must say all the mid wife's there and OBs are great even for public
    Wish you well and soon you will be cycling best of luck have a great trip
    Ive had my babies at the Mater and all public, though I may go private this time. I'm undecided.

You birth in the same birth suites whether you are public or private. They just change your folder. I had my own room as well which was great. I did go to the older hospital for the first two and yes that wasn't the greatest but still can't really fault the new hospital! The midwives are fantastic and there are always drs around if needed so I felt good. I had a water birth too though they don't have a water birth policy...I just wouldn't get out of the bath lol.

Qloulou, also keen to see how you went!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Good choice going private ngaiz I decided against private after spending 10k on ivf I thought nah she be right just go public I'm with Redlands public n while I've never heard a bad word about them I'm not impressed by them n deeply regret not going private. I don't feel like they take me seriously
    I did full shared care with my GP so I only went to see an OB and midwife a few times, so i felt like she listened. I do get what your saying though. If I had to see different people all the time I probably wouldn't feel the same leveling of 'caring'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it! I jabbed myself! Hubby was gonna do it but he didn't need too! It wasn't that bad at all! So proud of myself lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still paying for private because we were going to go through Qfg before we knew about TFC. So we thought we keep just incase we have down a different road like egg donation or something. Anyway That's a last resort & I'm feeling pretty positive about TfC. I have feeling it's gonna work. Even if it's not the first cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    I did it! I jabbed myself! Hubby was gonna do it but he didn't need too! It wasn't that bad at all! So proud of myself lol.
    Well done I think once u Fo the first one and get over the fear is ok
    I must say I was to chicken to do it when we were cycling hubby did it but now I have gestational diabetes I had to learn as I'm on night insulin and hubby works nights I'm a pro now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question: Did af stop once you started jabbing? Might stopped yesterday & started again today.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    Question: Did af stop once you started jabbing? Might stopped yesterday & started again today.
    Oh god I don't think mine came at all it was awhile ago sorry call the clinic if your worried