Closed Thread
Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Meshell I have 3 children - a boy and two girls. We have been trying for 19 months for #4 (which isn't as long as some of you but much, much longer than any of my others took to conceive - I've also had 2 MC at 9 and 10 weeks).

I had a MC 12 months ago and we have been trying since then and it just did not happen. I knew something wasn't right so I was tested and so was DH. DH was tested in July and his SA revealed poor morphology at 2%. He was then re-tested by the clinic and is now 1% - so getting worse. Basically we don't have a chance of falling naturally or if we did, it would take years and given our age, we don't have years. So, basically we jumped on IVF as soon as we knew DH's results.

I'm just grateful for the opportunity to go back again. Secondary infertility is a b*tch and probably very different from primary infertility because you are already blessed and it comes with a lot of feelings of guilt etc for wanting another when you already have one (or more). The yearning in your heart and the ache for another babe just does not go away. So, here were are hoping that this will prove successful for us. I've give this year to try (as well as the years before) but if we don't get lucky at this clinic that will be the end of the road for us. So eternally grateful for the 3 I already have. I am hoping to at least get 3/4 tries in at the clinic (though they are so busy so who knows).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    Meshell, I have a really high AMH as well but not PCOS. Good to know you were successful.

Sarah, your pgncy is flying by! 9 weeks already! Wow. I remember reading that you were sick. How's that going? I was hospitalised 11 times with my son. I had hyperemesis and was deathly ill. My first trip was 9 weeks. I worked about 3 weeks altogether between 8 weeks and finishing up at 26 weeks. And that wasn't consecutively. It was so hard to juggle work. Thank god for Zofran in my subsequent pregnancies or I would have stopped having babies.

So excited for you preggy ladies...it's such an amazing time in your life - actually it gets better the older they get (if you can believe that). That few weeks before you give birth (and it doesn't matter what number you're up to) never gets old. The anticipation is worth bottling! You feel like utter crap of course but wanting to meet that baby is so overwhelming. I've done two surprises and one knowing and each one is so unique. There's so much to look forward to.

Meshell and mrs simmo - have you got to that point where you walk into the nursery, take out some clothes look at them and wonder what your baby will look like in it? I did that with everyone at least once/twice a day lol.

New Beginnings, I believe they told me the BMI cut off was 35 or 38 from memory.
    I can't stay out of the nursery and the hubby has to keep me out I haven't washed all the cloths yet as I need something to do in the 6 wks I have off before little miss comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope the kids (9,6,3) won't know any of it. Would prefer to keep it from them. The 9 year old is pretty clued up but hoping we can get by without them knowing. We won't be telling many people - just my mum and sister and a couple of friends.

If it wasn't for DH SA we would still be trying but given the small odds we thought there was no point in waiting - just get right to it.

Mrs Simmo - yep I was the same. It's such a calming, peaceful place. Enjoy your lead up!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingforbaby4 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Ahh I see they are just littlies themselves I probably wouldnt mention it to them either, sorry I assumed they may have been older.
    How u traveling Meshell not long now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    Well d-day is arriving for me soon - picking up my injections and stuff next week. Eeeeekkk. So scared but so excited at the same time.

Papillon, when is your estimated EPU??? Is it around 15th of Feb? That was the original date they gave me but I was lucky to get a cancellation because the OCP doesn't agree with me either and I have quite a lot of side affects - extreme mood swings being the worst symptom. My husband and family hate me right now lol.

I have so many questions running through my head too about what if it doesn't work...when will I get to book in again. Really, there is only one chance of having a bub this year otherwise it's moving on to 2014. I keep thinking that the next chance I would get to go, given how busy the clinic is, would be around end of April/May?? That feels like a life time away. Wouldn't it be good if they gave you a plan of say three cycles so that you had goals you could work toward?? So much uncertainty. I sure hope it works first go for you. I have my fingers crossed.

Did anyone else worry about how many eggs they would get, whether they would get any at all. Would they fertilize and would they survive??? So many little hurdles along the way.

What was everyone's experience with EPU and how many eggs/embryos did everyone get??
    Estimated Egg pick up on 13 February. Pick up meds 31st jan. for which I'll have to now change my shift! The whole 2013 into 2014 made my heart sink a little, but if it works it will be worth it! I have low AMH and they said I'd prob need higher dosages but I'm guessing they'll start low & adjust where necessary. The OCP makes me terribly nauseous. But I'm just gritting my teeth & getting on with it. Seems ridiculous of me to complain about something so minor as the OCP when I'm about to throw my hormones into overdrive with injectables but a girl I met on holiday (has 3 ivf babies, 1 singleton + b/g twins) said she found the ivf drugs a breeze compared to clomid & the fact I tolerated that I should be fine. Here's hoping! Hope it doesn't take the 3/4 attempts your prepared to do, best of luck.
    Good luck for Sunday Meshell, be thinking of you. I'm night duty tonight, have been the last week, I'm all over the shop. My colleagues wife is having her c-section in 6 weeks I believe. The b/g twins from the clinic too.

Guess I better get back to work. Won't be on for a while, visitors arrive on Sunday. So goodluck everyone in the meantime with gruff, scans & deliveries!!
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    'Gruff' meaning drugs! Damned phone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all hope every one is traveling in the right direction and there dreams come true
    I'm currently 31 wks and will possibly find out on the 22/1 when or if i will be induced at 37 wks
    I'm going to pop in on tues this wk to see everyone at the clinic and see how big it's become again wish u all well xox

Thanks
    Reviews

I went into the clinic today god it brought back some memories
    I wanted to give them a pic of my daughter at 28 wks they are putting it up on the baby board how cute was good to see the nurses that made this dream but most of all Bonny as only the best embryo was used and she worked wonders
    How is every one z

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Simmo
    I'm feeling really positive & I can't wait to get started! I'm picking up my Jabs on Thursday! This week is going super slow! I'm also looking forward to seeing how big the clinic is now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    Hi Mrs Simmo
    I'm feeling really positive & I can't wait to get started! I'm picking up my Jabs on Thursday! This week is going super slow! I'm also looking forward to seeing how big the clinic is now.
    It's still same size as I remember best of luck with starting the journey and remember cry scream or talk if you need too it is an emotional journey and hope for a positive out come
    I should asked to see the baby board they have but Lisa took the pic I drop off and that was it let me know if you see it Oh and she did day my little one is the only girl so far