Closed Thread
Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Thanks mrs Simmo. Just having a low day. Been so looking forward to getting this thing up & started, excited more than anything, had to get to gp prior & between waiting on gp + tfc re opening after festive hours my bubble just burst a little. I'm only really out a couple of weeks, and I'm trying not to pin my hopes on it being successful on the first attempt but that in itself is what's freaking me out. We're already into 2013 & if it works 1st time for me it'll be near end of year before due date. If it doesn't how long will they make me wait to retry?? & it's not like I can be hopeful of a chance natural conception between cycles cos I'm now taking the blasted OCP which makes me queasy, yuk. I'm certain that's entirely psychological as I hate taking pills but anyway. So much hangs in the balance whilst we wait for that NGO. Our plans are to move interstate & I was hoping to do that whilst on maternity leave. Hubby may now need to leave without me in July!!! And I can't help thinking that by the time this baby comes, if I am fortunate...I'll be nearly 35 if not 35 at the time. Sorry, had to rant. All the Christmas babies born have set me back again wondering IF maybe we're never gonna be blessed with a baby. Enjoy every minute of your time off work & hope all goes smoothly!!xxx
    I feel your pain and its all normal to feel like that x
    As how quick can you try again just right a list and take it to your appointment of all the questions you have that way you don't forget and you get the answers first hand that's what I did
    We were very luck I mean very I only had 2 eggs at pick up how ever only one fertilized and that was the one they put back and it worked first go it was our first attempt at IVF also I know it's hard to not get excited but it is part of the roller coaster you have your good and bad days I wish u all the best try and stay strong xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well d-day is arriving for me soon - picking up my injections and stuff next week. Eeeeekkk. So scared but so excited at the same time.

Papillon, when is your estimated EPU??? Is it around 15th of Feb? That was the original date they gave me but I was lucky to get a cancellation because the OCP doesn't agree with me either and I have quite a lot of side affects - extreme mood swings being the worst symptom. My husband and family hate me right now lol.

I have so many questions running through my head too about what if it doesn't work...when will I get to book in again. Really, there is only one chance of having a bub this year otherwise it's moving on to 2014. I keep thinking that the next chance I would get to go, given how busy the clinic is, would be around end of April/May?? That feels like a life time away. Wouldn't it be good if they gave you a plan of say three cycles so that you had goals you could work toward?? So much uncertainty. I sure hope it works first go for you. I have my fingers crossed.

Did anyone else worry about how many eggs they would get, whether they would get any at all. Would they fertilize and would they survive??? So many little hurdles along the way.

What was everyone's experience with EPU and how many eggs/embryos did everyone get??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Meshell. Yeah trying not to focus too much on each hurdle but just go with the flow but as a first time IVFer it's hard lol.

I'm just hopeful to make it through the whole process and transfer one little embie. I do have PCO (not the syndrome) so I am a little worried about over situmlating or not stimulating at all (because they'll put me on a lower dose of drugs) but I guess I will wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone thought id pop back on as its been a few weeks hope you are all doing really well, good luck to you ladies who are about to cycle, i know how hard/nerve racking/insane it all is but trust me you will get through it and if your lucky enough like i was to be successful, you think back and realise just how worth it, it all is. I was a ball of anxiety with ever step but in the end what will be will be. I was 100% convinced it would not work, but i was so wrong EPU was scary but it actually was not that bad i really only felt some sharp pains but did not last long at all then all was fine
    I am now 9 weeks pregnant and going back to the clinic this friday for my next scan, that will be the last time for me going to the clinic its very sad really. i will be taking the ladies something nice just to say how thankful i am that they made our dreams come true. Hope you are all traveling well not long now Meshell you must be getting so excited eeek. Thinking of you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a reason why they are inducing early? ? Oh you must be so excited only 25 days. . I cannot wait until I'm there. Yes hoping to see the baby as a baby and not a white blob should be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi Sarah glad to we you are travelling well have fun at your scan you should be able to see some little arms at legs at this point
    i called into the clinic today to say hi to the girls and show them my bump an let them know how I am travelling. I had doctors appointment yesterday an they told me they will induce me at 39 weeks 4 days which is 3 feb which is only 25 days away! I finish work on 1 feb then have a Saturday free then go to hospital to have baby on Sunday at 1.00pm I am excited and can't wait to see his face his little fingers toes and tiny baby ears. I'm amazed that this little bump I have in front of me is going to be my little human hubby and I created its quite magic thank the universe for ivf helping me get to this point.
    I had a failed ivf cycle a cancelled ivf cycle then fell preg on my third go I tell you now the thoughts that run trough your head when you are undergoing treatment seem like a distant memory now. I wish all you ladies te best and will constantly check into this thread to see each and everyone of you announce your pregnancies

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sarahwantsababy View Post
    Hi everyone thought id pop back on as its been a few weeks hope you are all doing really well, good luck to you ladies who are about to cycle, i know how hard/nerve racking/insane it all is but trust me you will get through it and if your lucky enough like i was to be successful, you think back and realise just how worth it, it all is. I was a ball of anxiety with ever step but in the end what will be will be. I was 100% convinced it would not work, but i was so wrong EPU was scary but it actually was not that bad i really only felt some sharp pains but did not last long at all then all was fine
    I am now 9 weeks pregnant and going back to the clinic this friday for my next scan, that will be the last time for me going to the clinic its very sad really. i will be taking the ladies something nice just to say how thankful i am that they made our dreams come true. Hope you are all traveling well not long now Meshell you must be getting so excited eeek. Thinking of you all xx
    Hay there glad all is well as Meshell said you should be able to see arms and legs this time round how exciting
    I'm just behind Meshell ill possibly be induced at 37 or 38 wks due to diabetes which will be end of feb EKK excited but scared lol.
    I'm going to pop in next tues to say hi to the clinic and as for a thank you to them I did the same as they are who have me and hubby our dream of having a baby girl

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    My baby has his umbilical cord around his neck they did talk about doing csect as it can be an issue when I go into labour it can pull tight it can make him stuck there are a few things that could happen so they thought induce me early would be best if I don't respond quickly to induction they may take me straight in for a csect. But we will see what happens in the mean time if I go into labour I'm not to wait at home til contractions get closer together I'm to get straight to hospital for monitoring they are just taking extra precautions with me
    My OB appointment they said ill prob be induced at 37 or 38 wks due to the GD OMG Meshell we will have bubba's really soon OMG hope u r well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have just a quick question
    I have heard that this clinic has really strict quidelines around treatment ?

i'm looking at giving them a go later this year .. I know they don't use donor sperm (we have that covered hopefully) but I heard that they have a strict BMI limit (not sure what their range is) also I have PCOS and I guess I want to make sure this is something inside their guidelines ..

thanks ladies and all the best with the little bublets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewBeginnings2013 View Post
    Hi ladies,

I have just a quick question
    I have heard that this clinic has really strict quidelines around treatment ?

i'm looking at giving them a go later this year .. I know they don't use donor sperm (we have that covered hopefully) but I heard that they have a strict BMI limit (not sure what their range is) also I have PCOS and I guess I want to make sure this is something inside their guidelines ..

thanks ladies and all the best with the little bublets
    Hi! Yeah they don't do donor, how are you getting around this??

Every clinic has rules around bmi. I have no idea what they consider to high though. I think it would be beneficial to have a short nurse consult soon, just to see what they say. That way, you can focus on weightloss in the meantime. Most clinics will let you cycle if you can show you've made even a small improvement.

I have PCOS so they just put me on a lower dose. It's hard to say, you may not respond or you you risk OHSS.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell, I have a really high AMH as well but not PCOS. Good to know you were successful.

Sarah, your pgncy is flying by! 9 weeks already! Wow. I remember reading that you were sick. How's that going? I was hospitalised 11 times with my son. I had hyperemesis and was deathly ill. My first trip was 9 weeks. I worked about 3 weeks altogether between 8 weeks and finishing up at 26 weeks. And that wasn't consecutively. It was so hard to juggle work. Thank god for Zofran in my subsequent pregnancies or I would have stopped having babies.

So excited for you preggy ladies...it's such an amazing time in your life - actually it gets better the older they get (if you can believe that). That few weeks before you give birth (and it doesn't matter what number you're up to) never gets old. The anticipation is worth bottling! You feel like utter crap of course but wanting to meet that baby is so overwhelming. I've done two surprises and one knowing and each one is so unique. There's so much to look forward to.

Meshell and mrs simmo - have you got to that point where you walk into the nursery, take out some clothes look at them and wonder what your baby will look like in it? I did that with everyone at least once/twice a day lol.

New Beginnings, I believe they told me the BMI cut off was 35 or 38 from memory.