Closed Thread
Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Tamm32 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    just thought I'd update... We had our twin boys on the 1st of December at 37 weeks gestation via emergency c section. They are the first babies for the clinic, Meshell you were right! I did go up and see Lou and the ladies when we got out of hospital, to show them the boys, they took a bunch of pics with them and us too. I did want to share a bit of my experience too, as I have seen a lot of talk about putting 2+ eggs back etc and Lou had asked of my experience and about me sharing it with others. Having twins or more is a high risk pregnancy, there are many complications that can arise and many risks for both mums and babies. I was induced on 1/12 and one of the babies placentas ruptured and was causing internal bleeding in me. I had a massive hemmorage and rushed to theatre for an emergency c section, I was in full blown labour, 2cm dialated and couldn't stop trying to push them out. It almost killed all 3 of us, luckily the boys came out fast and were happy and screaming. I spent a few hours in icu getting 3 blood transfusions and being closely monitored. It has taken me the best part of the last 4 weeks to get my iron levels back up and get myself back to being somewhat better. I can understand why they aren't transferring more than 1 embryo back, they're doing what's in the best interests of their patients even tho at the time it may not feel that way. We were really lucky that we were able to get thru it and have 2 healthy happy babies, it wasn't an experience that I would wish on anyone. I do wish everyone the very best on their IVF journeys and hope everyone gets their babies, you are in the very best of hands there and they are only ever doing what's best for you.
    I don't mean to offend or upset anyone, I'm just sharing my experience. I've attached a couple of pics of the boys too. Best of luck to everyone.

Attachment 29285. Attachment 29286
    Congrats Tamm there sooo cute OMG u had an experience hay glad you and little boys are ok tho x
    So Meshell is next then me I'm due on the 15 of march 11 wks and counting I was in the group after you guys congrats again xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

So sorry it didn't work out for you this time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

wantababybump  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas and happy New Years
    Hope this yr is the yr for many more babies xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well what a day I had yesterday! !! Have never been so sick in my life, couldn't keep down food or even sipping water made me sick. Had to not go to work which sucked as we are low staffed as it is for chrissy and my boss made me feel like it was not a good enough excuse but I literally could not get out of bed. Felt like the worst hangover without the fun part of drinking. Woke up today feeling somewhat human thank god! Will see how the rest of the day goes. If it sticks around ill have to go to the doctor to get some tablets or someone recommended sea sickness bands for your wrists as I can't keep having sick days and feeling miserable. Hope you all are doing well I'm currently 8 weeks and feeling it ha ha.
    Last edited by sarahwantsababy; 01-01-2013 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Best way to beat the morning sickness is have a dry cracker next to your bed as soon as you wake up eat it or have milk before bed
    Hope you are all well and are excited for your up coming appointments x
    Well I'm 30 wks on Friday OMG it's flown not long till we meet our little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    2012-12-28 13.51.46.jpg

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year everyone.

I thought I would share a pic of our little ninja bub.

I got it done last Friday when i was 30 weeks. Measurements are about 311/2weeks (so nearly 2 weeks ahead of itself...), it's a long bubba with long fingers and feet by the looks of it.

It was the first time that they could get a 'face' shot. Bubba decided to play nice that day. Was moving around alot for them. Definately kept them busy.

Today has been the hardest day since maybe week 19. Last night of 2012 and bubs had its own party happening. I did not sleep one bit. Woke up like I had partied all night. My tummy feels like bub is growing way faster than it and it just feels like it is stretching and stretching.

And moving - OMG it's going crazy in there. I love watermelon but everytime i have some it's like it is doing a happy dance in there or something.
    Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the movements but today with my tummy feeling a bit sore it was a bit much. Cheeky little thing....

I cannot believe i can now do a countdown on my hands - it's amazing how fast it goes.

Hardly any stretch marks and still haven't put on any extra weight (after my loss of weight earlier on). All is travelling pretty good.

Tamm - Pics are so beautiful. Glad to hear all are doing fine now - what a scary journey you went on at the end of your pregnancy.

Sarah - it does get better... fx... You will find the 'magic cure' that will help you. Mine was soda water and light things like cucumber, lettuce and if i had toast i had to have vegemite. It was never really the same thing for me except for the soda water. I still have to have it now. I am nearly getting it by the carton. I unfortunately couldn't do the cracker thing, the feeling of dry crackers nearly made me sick. Everyone told me to do that.
    That really sucks about work - I am lucky my bosses just left me alone to do my work and do what i had to do. One of my bosses went through IVF years ago - tried about 15 times before having twins. When you work out what works for you, you will feel heaps better. Just remember it's worth it - we have all tried for so long to feel 'that bad' ;-) (that's how i got through it).

Hope everyone else is doing fine and hope 2013 is the year for you and your family dreams.
    Stay happy, stay safe and let us all have a great year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I have my first appointment on Feb 6 and it can't come soon enough. My hubby and i have been TTC for 2yrs now and have had 2 miscarriages. I underwent an IUI last month (to fill in the time waiting for my appointment) and we got our BFP. All was looking great until my 7wk scan yesterday showed it was a blighted ovum. Now i have to wait for my body to realise the pregnancy is not viable which is worse than the 2WW. I still have all my preg symptoms so waiting for the MC to start (which i am dreading as the last one was excruciating).

So i am loving reading about all your success stories and i hope in time i can add to the list of BFP's

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Millie

I'm with Meshell the clinic is great and the lady's there are lovely which makes it nice to go there
    I'm another success story my daughter is due on the 15th march.
    All the best for your up coming appointment x

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey ladies just an update we went to the doctors appointment on the 21st and it wasnt good the hubbys swimmers dont move at all and the morphology wasnt great either so the doc said he cant do anything till it improves cause there is no point putting a less than perfect swimmer with a young healthy egg his words lol so we have to wait atleast 4 months and test again but they wouldnt let us book in for june to start we just have to wait and see so i am a bit worried that the clinic will get even busier and we wont get to do a round this year
    but oh well
    ps i love all the baby pics makes me so clucky

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sammy2466 View Post
    hey ladies just an update we went to the doctors appointment on the 21st and it wasnt good the hubbys swimmers dont move at all and the morphology wasnt great either so the doc said he cant do anything till it improves cause there is no point putting a less than perfect swimmer with a young healthy egg his words lol so we have to wait atleast 4 months and test again but they wouldnt let us book in for june to start we just have to wait and see so i am a bit worried that the clinic will get even busier and we wont get to do a round this year
    but oh well
    ps i love all the baby pics makes me so clucky
    Sorry to here your news at least you guys know and hopefully it can mend its self does your hubby take menevit ??? All the best for the future and hope your dream is around the cnr xo