Closed Thread
Page 48 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    = UPDATE =

I just phoned the clinic to let the nurses know I would love to pop in and say hi to them in the next few days and show them my little belly and I found out some exciting news!!

The first Birth occured on the weekend!!!!! Twin Boys!! I wonder if they were Tamm32's little babies????

How exciting!!
    The nurses did mention that yesterday and they were rather excited. They also said there's quite a few babies coming soon.

So lovely for them to finally see the little bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cool that many of us will be cycling around the same time.

tryingforbaby4 I'm pleased you were giggly. It makes the whole thing more enthusiastic. I am so excited for every appointment cos it feels like a step closer to achieving our dream. I was sitting on the end, (long dark hair, white shorts, peachy top) frought with nerves cos I mixed my time up & arrived 1/2hr late. Was so anxious that I might not even get to see the Dr!! I was staring round the room wondering of anyone present was from this forum. What 'examination' was required of your hubby?? Interesting!! Other than bloods & SA my hubby didn't have any other tests (unless he's keeping that to himself)lol.

Im glad your EPU wasn't so painful Jeanie26. That's reassuring to hear. I'm an RN & have nursed patients post EPU (mostly post GA funnily enough) & they often present hours later with severe pain & OHSS. Scares the **** outa me

Think I booked with the clinic July/August. Had initial nurse apt 4 weeks ago, then Dr yesterday. I'm quite happy with the speed things are going at. Was worried of have to wait ages before cycling cos lets face it...we've all been waiting long enough for this! Let's hope it all ends in a BFP! I 'will' be beside myself...I get overjoyed just from getting smiley face on OPKs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kitty - at what point will they let you transfer 2 embies?
    I was told if unsuccessful 1st 2 attempts I would have the option to transfer x2 embryo's on 3rd attempt. I made a play for the 1st attempt but was told no
    kittybee that is wonderful news. 2 precious little boys. You must be floating on cloud 9. A colleague of mine is expecting b/g twins via tfc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I meant to direct that at Meshell23. Congratulations on the twin boys! Getting your names mixed up cos of the quoted posts! I'm too new & there are so many of us!

Goodluck with the transfer kittybee. Why aren't you allowed 2 embryo transfer when you've already had 2 failed attempts? Not that it matters. You have 3 good embryo's. Let's hope the one on Friday is the one!!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    = UPDATE

The first Birth occured on the weekend!!!!! Twin Boys!! I wonder if they were Tamm32's little babies????

How exciting!!
    There I go reading between the lines again. I see pregnant, bump, twins & get over excited. This is useless on a phone! I'll away and do something productive now! Congratulations on THE bump!!! Ya wonderful to hear that tfc is getting so many people pregnant!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know that's just what they have told me every transfer i have and i ask. Guess what i will be asking/begging for on friday

And YAY for birth announcements!

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Goodluck with the transfer kittybee. Why aren't you allowed 2 embryo transfer when you've already had 2 failed attempts? Not that it matters. You have 3 good embryo's. Let's hope the one on Friday is the one!!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybee View Post
    I don't know that's just what they have told me every transfer i have and i ask. Guess what i will be asking/begging for on friday

And YAY for birth announcements!
    Go for it! The worst they can do is say no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh they are not my twins I still have 9 weeks to go til my ONE baby is due
    Im just super excited that the first babies for the clinic have been born
    9 weeks!! EEK!! That is sooo exciting. Your last Xmas before the craziness sets in. Oh, I hope your coping with this heat?x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me jumping in. I would have been allowed to transfer two from my fet only if both thawed etc. and that was because I broke down and also I said I refused to throw one away if both were good. So the doctor (Karen) allowed this. Also I'm 34 turning 35 and have had 2 unsuccessful. They are really adamant now that they will not transfer two especially if you young. I guess it's case by case especially once you have had unsuccessful attempts.
    good luck Kittbee for Friday.
    And ladies who are pregnant I really hope you are coping with this heat.

Sarah how are you feeling?? Are you going to do hpt tomorrow??? I'm trying to stay positive but just don't feel it. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand their rationale behind the 1 embryo transfer. I'm Fine with having just one embryo transferred (for now) and I wouldn't want to put a possible pregnancy at risk by selfishly wanting 2. That said however, if it fails x2 I would most definitely be asking for a 2 embryo trf on 3rd attempt. 1. Because there's a greater chance of at least one of the embryos taking and 2. If I didn't have to go down this route, and was lucky enough to fall naturally i'd be onto my second by now. I always wanted 3-4 kids. I want my kids to have siblings. But let's be honest, at this stage I'll be happy to have just 1 healthy happy baby. I may find after I do have my first that it's really hard work & I'd like 1 or maybe no more. The knawing thing is...I'm 34 next year, it may take months (failed cycles, cancelled cycles etc etc) I may well be 35 before (if I'm very lucky) I get pregnant or am holding a baby in my arms. By then my fertility is further deminished, my AMH even lower, the dream of a large(ish) family is already slipping. Already I am accepting that in reality it is unlikely I will have 3 kids. But even if I were to have twins...I'd still keep going! I will ask for that 2 embryo transfer when the time comes.