Closed Thread
Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Papillon,

I start the pill tomorrow. I pick up my ivf drugs on the 10th of Jan. I am very excited and scared at the same time about the journey ahead. So happy to be finally starting!
    Looks like we will cycling at the same time!

Look forward to chatting you & every-one further throughout the journey!

Sarah and Jean, I'm thinking of you both. Hope you guys get a early Xmas gift! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Hey everyone, hope your all travelling well. Been watching the thread from my relaxing holiday. Had 1st consultation with the doctor today. Start bcp this month & hopefully cycle end jan early feb. how does it work?? I am due to come on 26th, I was told to start pills cd2/3...and to discard the 7 white pills. I call as soon as the clinic re-opens after festive period, so how far into cycle do I start injectables?? Got family arriving mid jan, wondering if EPU will clash with visitors. I'll just have to make it work of that's the case...been waiting too long for this to delay any more!!
    Congrats on the 7 eggs kittybee. I wonder if it was you I saw at the clinic today. One couple (possibly you??) were very happy. I wondered if maybe they'd gotten good news such as a bfp but I'd imagine that comes via telephone?
    How did you find the egg collection kittybee? I have to admit, I'm very nervous re: the pain. Sarahwantsababy and Jeannie26 I am keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you. x

Hey Papillon,
    For me the egg pickup was extremely uncomfortable. I didn't find it painful as such, but very very uncomfortable. As it was happening for quite awhile for me as they collected 10 eggs, it felt like it just kept going. The valium helped alot and definately the gas. I remember one lady on this forum just said keep sucking and honestly just keep doing that. When you think you can't take anymore just suck harder and keep your breathes slow. I will say however towards the end I couldn't take anymore and wanted to throw up. Too much of the gas can do that.. (that's also why they tell you not to eat anything prior). But for me it wasn't painful and I would do it again (hopefully won't have to) but certainly would. Its over within 10mins. Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    The BFN confirmed :-(
    The nurses were really nice about it.

I'm Ok, as would have had to have been extremely lucky to fall on first ivf attempt, better luck next time.

Good luck to everyone else

I'm really sorry to read this Twiglets I've got my fingers crossed that 2013 will be your year xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, hope your all travelling well. Been watching the thread from my relaxing holiday. Had 1st consultation with the doctor today. Start bcp this month & hopefully cycle end jan early feb. how does it work?? I am due to come on 26th, I was told to start pills cd2/3...and to discard the 7 white pills. I call as soon as the clinic re-opens after festive period, so how far into cycle do I start injectables?? Got family arriving mid jan, wondering if EPU will clash with visitors. I'll just have to make it work of that's the case...been waiting too long for this to delay any more!!
    Congrats on the 7 eggs kittybee. I wonder if it was you I saw at the clinic today. One couple (possibly you??) were very happy. I wondered if maybe they'd gotten good news such as a bfp but I'd imagine that comes via telephone?
    How did you find the egg collection kittybee? I have to admit, I'm very nervous re: the pain. Sarahwantsababy and Jeannie26 I am keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you. x

I'm probably the blonde lady lol! I had my first Doctors consultation yesterday too (what did you look like - was quite busy in there yesterday).

It was definitely an interesting day. The reason for my fits of giggles was nurse Lisa was making jokes about smokers (my hubby is a smoker) and she was being beyond hilarious. We all couldn't stop laughing. Hubby also required 'an examination' that he wasn't expecting and his reaction to that was funny (nice payback for all the 'examinations' I've required.

We also start the pill around the 26th with EPU around early Feb. We will be around the same time I guess?

Kittybee, I saw a few couples leaving yesterday after EPU. Perhaps one of them was you (black shirt, long skirt?).

Good luck with your bloods Sarah - I don't know how you've waited so long. I would have caved a POS by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No Kittybee, I'm afraid that wasn't us who moved seats. When we went in the waiting area was practically empty, but for one other couple. Then they got called so we were alone in the waiting room for what seemed like AGES. Then the couple 'giggly blonde' came out & then the room was full!! Such a bustling little clinic.

Haha that was me! You went into the doctors after me??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naw the giggly couple im talking about, she went in for her EPU just before me. And yes thats what i was wearing yesterday, im afraid i dont remember much from the waiting room tho, was still in pain and drugged up, came out, saw my partner and that was pretty much it for me lol.
    Finally got the call just a while ago, out of 7 icsi'd 3 fertilized, so in on friday for my transfer. as ive only had 2 failed transfers so far i cant opt for 2 to be put back, so fingers crossed this one takes

Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    I'm probably the blonde lady lol! I had my first Doctors consultation yesterday too (what did you look like - was quite busy in there yesterday).

It was definitely an interesting day. The reason for my fits of giggles was nurse Lisa was making jokes about smokers (my hubby is a smoker) and she was being beyond hilarious. We all couldn't stop laughing. Hubby also required 'an examination' that he wasn't expecting and his reaction to that was funny (nice payback for all the 'examinations' I've required.

We also start the pill around the 26th with EPU around early Feb. We will be around the same time I guess?

Kittybee, I saw a few couples leaving yesterday after EPU. Perhaps one of them was you (black shirt, long skirt?).

Good luck with your bloods Sarah - I don't know how you've waited so long. I would have caved a POS by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

I just booked my appt for next year. The earliest I can get in is Feb 4 for and March/April cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I just booked my appt for next year. The earliest I can get in is Feb 4 for and March/April cycle.
    OMG that's such a long time to wait.

I know they wouldn't let me pre book a provisional drs appointment until after I had the BFN confirmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    OMG that's such a long time to wait.

I know they wouldn't let me pre book a provisional drs appointment until after I had the BFN confirmed.
    It sucks how long people are waiting now

I booked my initial consult with the nurse in August I think (might have been earlier). So all up it will be 6/7 months from booking to actually starting a cycle!

Kittybear, lol I didn't think you would remember who was in the waiting room! Good luck on Friday with the transfer. I hope it's 3rd time lucky for you.
    Last edited by tryingforbaby4; 05-12-2012 at 14:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehe Yeah, i even slept all the way home then went and slept in the air con all arvo.
    Fourth cycle but third transfer, so yes i hope its lucky as well, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post
    Kittybear, lol I didn't think you would remember who was in the waiting room! Good luck on Friday with the transfer. I hope it's 3rd time lucky for you.

Meshell, after 3 failed transfers they let you make the choice. If my 1st cycle had of fertilized i could be choosing now, but.... it is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hey Kitty - at what point will they let you transfer 2 embies?