Closed Thread
Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash your thread girls but I just wanted to reply to Jac81 regarding stimming for longer than usual.

I did a cycle with TFC back in April and I stimmed for 23 days in total. I thought for sure the cycle was a write off and that my eggs would be well and truly overcooked by that stage.

Well, not so! I will be 31 weeks pregnant on Friday from that cycle. We got 6 eggs, two transferred and one took.

I know it's not easy to stim for that long, it does take a toll on you emotionally and physically. Just try to stay positive and know that it does happen and can be completely successful.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell,
    Congrats to you too! Yes it will be very exciting to hear of the first baby born for the clinic, it must be getting closer. You and I actually cycled together last year in the Brisbane thread that Dandelion started. Do you know how she is going by the way? I have been off bubhub for ages I just come back from time to time to have a sticky beak. lol
    Take care
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

As long as I don't hear anything this afternoon, then EPU is Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    As long as I don't hear anything this afternoon, then EPU is Friday.
    Woo hoo all the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, love reading all the updates.

Just found out some interesting info today for anyone who is on here who lives in Sunshine Coast.
    There is a new clinic or option as such being advertised. It is called Affordable IVF in Nambour. It looks like it is a more affordable option being offered through Fertility Solutions in Sunshine Coast. Same address so I am figuring same place.
    Any way I have made an appointment with this clinic and the springwood one for the beginning of february and then I will compare.
    The Nambour one would certainly suit us better travel wise and if they offer the same service as the springwood clinic at the same price then I might have to reconsider where I go.
    http://www.affordableivf.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hellloooooo Hoping41more,
    Thank you so so so so so much for the link to the clinic on the Sunny coast!!! I will do exactly as you suggested and book there too and compare.
    Really appreciate you sharing the info, this means the world to us!
    We have an appointment in Springwood in January so will let you know if you want. Have you already got an appointment with Nambour?
    Thank you again
    xxx
    Nanou
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping41more View Post

Just found out some interesting info today for anyone who is on here who lives in Sunshine Coast.
    There is a new clinic or option as such being advertised. It is called Affordable IVF in Nambour. It looks like it is a more affordable option being offered through Fertility Solutions in Sunshine Coast. Same address so I am figuring same place.
    Any way I have made an appointment with this clinic and the springwood one for the beginning of february and then I will compare.
    The Nambour one would certainly suit us better travel wise and if they offer the same service as the springwood clinic at the same price then I might have to reconsider where I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really i live in nambour it is so so hard travelling especially at the point in my cycle i am having to go down this fri next mon, wed and then fri for epu then the following monday so many trips and such a long way, but it will def be something to consider if this cycle fails. i wonder if they would do a fet with frozen eggs from springwood if i have any after this cycle? can they even do that?? thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulou76 View Post
    Sorry to crash your thread girls but I just wanted to reply to Jac81 regarding stimming for longer than usual.

I did a cycle with TFC back in April and I stimmed for 23 days in total. I thought for sure the cycle was a write off and that my eggs would be well and truly overcooked by that stage.

Well, not so! I will be 31 weeks pregnant on Friday from that cycle. We got 6 eggs, two transferred and one took.

I know it's not easy to stim for that long, it does take a toll on you emotionally and physically. Just try to stay positive and know that it does happen and can be completely successful.

Good luck xx
    Hi Loulou

Thanks for your message. Was exactly what I needed, a success story! I went in yesterday and they said they were slightly, slightly too small so I would miss Friday's EPU so I am scheduled for Tuesday now. But it's only four more days of stims, at least I have the end date and just keeping my eye on the goal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your very welcome Nanou and Sarahwantsababy and anyone else interested in the Nambour clinic.
    I like to share as I am sure there are many of us in Sunshine Coast who want a more affordable option.

No I haven't been yet.
    I am waiting till Feb next year to go to both Springwood and Nambour and then weigh up the pros and cons.
    Being closer is such a big bonus though.
    This is the article that I found out about it also, it mentions a price, but I think it would still vary depending on what you are needing.
    http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...sults/1621260/

Sarahwantsababy, I am so sorry you have found this out after you have started at springwood. I can imagine the travel being really frustrating. But I guess you can see how this cycle goes (fingers majorly crossed for a BFP though), and then you have another option. It is always good to have options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    I gave "Affordable IVF" a call today and we have our first appointment on the 26th November!!!! So so happy that something is happening again. The lady on the phone was really nice. Hope it reflects the niceness of the rest of the team ;-)
    Sarah, don't despair. You would have had to wait a lot longer before starting your first cycle on the Sunny Coast, so by being in Springwood you are able to cycle now. I am crossing my fingers that this one is the ONE for you. You know that if it doesn't work you can fall back onto AffordableIVF, closer to home, maybe.
    Hoping41more, thank you again for the tip! It's funny I also research the web for some infos about the clinic and found the same article. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw the price lol. I agree with you though, it's has to be tailored to everyone's needs.
    Hope everybody else out there cycling or waiting is going well. And for the pregnant ones, please please please keep on posting! I live throu you and It gives me so much hope that it can work.
    Lots of love to all

Your very welcome Nanou and Sarahwantsababy and anyone else interested in the Nambour clinic.
    I like to share as I am sure there are many of us in Sunshine Coast who want a more affordable option.

No I haven't been yet.
    I am waiting till Feb next year to go to both Springwood and Nambour and then weigh up the pros and cons.
    Being closer is such a big bonus though.
    This is the article that I found out about it also, it mentions a price, but I think it would still vary depending on what you are needing.
    http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...sults/1621260/

Sarahwantsababy, I am so sorry you have found this out after you have started at springwood. I can imagine the travel being really frustrating. But I guess you can see how this cycle goes (fingers majorly crossed for a BFP though), and then you have another option. It is always good to have options