Closed Thread
Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood #2

Well I caved and did a POAS and it was a BFN :-( so I've rung TFC and I'm having my blood test on Friday to put me out of my misery :-( I'm so over all this **** and just want it to end. I'm not sure if I can do another round of IVF so I'm going to see if I can go on clomid or something else because EPU was so painful and I'm scared :-( good luck to everyone else and ill let you know how the blood test goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bethy View Post
    Well I caved and did a POAS and it was a BFN :-( so I've rung TFC and I'm having my blood test on Friday to put me out of my misery :-( I'm so over all this **** and just want it to end. I'm not sure if I can do another round of IVF so I'm going to see if I can go on clomid or something else because EPU was so painful and I'm scared :-( good luck to everyone else and ill let you know how the blood test goes
    Hello Bethy,
    I am so so sorry for your negative result.
    Now don't despair, stay strong! You are in the middle of a emotional roller coaster and it is so hard to make decisions based on it. Allow yourself to cry, indulge in something absoltely scrumptious, catch up with a girlfriend and let this absolutely sh**ty week pass you by. Then reconsider your options.
    I know that some ladies on here have tried different pain reliefs that have been very good for them for the egg pick up so don't be scared if you decide to give it another shot.
    Sending you tonnes of cuddles and love your way
    xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hey Bethy

Your still early days. The BT will give you a better indication so just hang in there.
    My tests are only slight positives but I had an hcg shot last thurs so it can be that!

I have my BT fri too so good luck to the both of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

I only just joined but I've been following this thread since June. I have my fingers crossed for all of you on the journey waiting for your miracle. It will be worth it. I know first hand how much pleasure they bring to life.

I'm a little different to you guys in that I already have children - three in fact but have been trying for #4 for 14 months (which is far from our experience with my other pregnancies). During our journey we found out that something has happened to DH and he has morphology issues which have now pretty much reduced our chances of natural conception to 2%. We haven't wasted any time in seeking help because his SA has indicated there are issues and we were told that IVF was our best option unless we wanted to wait years for it to happen naturally, which we do not.

So we find ourselves on this journey. We had our initial consult on Monday and our Drs appointment in 4 weeks and then hopefully we will cycle next January (but it looks more like February going by how busy they are).

It is definitely an interesting road, having travelled the easy route previously. We have told no one about our experience given the fact we have 3 healthy, happy children and honestly, I just can't face the criticism and comments from other people. I'm sick of feeling guilty about wanting another when I shouldn't have to. I have never yearned for a baby as much as I have with this one and I hope the FC can help bring a little love to our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Meshell (and congrats to you - little boys are awesome (I have one)!).

It's definitely been a rough year or so. All 5 of my pgncies (I've had two MC - one at 10w and 9w), have been relatively easy to achieve compared to what you girls are going through. Though my pgcies were a whole other story.

This journey has been eye-opening, not that I wasn't thankful prior. I've watched some very good friends struggle with fertility issues, but until you go through it yourself you can't possibly fully understand (and I already have a child - can't imagine the pain of going through it first up).

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to go the IVF route because without the TFC we wouldn't have been able to afford the cost.

Does anyone know how long they close for over the xmas period? I neglected to ask.

I was told that at my doctors appointment they will tell me to contact them when I get my next period - which going by my cycles won't be until around xmas (and they will be closed). They said that they would then tell me to go on the pill and they would schedule in a EPU date. I figure since they're closed and since they're mad busy, I'll have to wait until the following cycle (end of Jan), and therefore it won't be until around February until I can cycle???

Bethy, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bethy View Post
    Don't give up Bethy I did a POAS and it was neg but the BTcame back positive so u never know xo
    Last edited by mrs simmo; 07-11-2012 at 18:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bethy
    I am so sad to read what you are going through.
    I can't imagine what it must feel like, but as Mrs Simmo and Meshell and many others have said, hang in there and if nothing else, give yourself some time to grieve and see how you feel then.
    This rollercoaster of emotions that we all go through when trying to conceive, just sucks at the best of time.
    Big

Tryingforbaby4, we are in a similar boat to you with having children already. I didn't want to mention it as I nearly feel like I shouldn't be here, when so many haven't had the chance at one baby.
    We haven't told anyone in the family either and we are not going too.
    Just don't want to hear the negative comments.
    We may even end up cycling together.
    I have my first appointment in Feb next year.

Is everyone organised for christmas or are you like me and in denial till it gets closer?
    Haven't done any christmas shopping yet, always leave it to the last minute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Ive been lurking around this thread for a long time now, finally figured i should say hello, and congrats to mrs simmo & meshell Well done guys! Ive been with springwood since they opened, started my first cycle in march, eggs did not fertilize, second cycle - had one emby put back didn't take, and the same again for my third. About to start my fourth and last cycle for this year, and desperately hoping for a positive outcome. We have been trying to conceive for over 11 years now, counts are low on both sides but apart from that nobody can see why it isn't happening naturally.
    I love the nurses and docs at TFC, they have all been so helpful and understanding. Apart from the let downs, my experience here has been a good one, and i would recommend it to anyone i know.... after we fall preggy of course, we have only told family we are doing this.
    Anyway, i just figured it was time for me to come out of the shadows. I'm going insane waiting for the 22nd when i can pick up my injections, my EPU is scheduled for the 5th dec, but my body doesn't like being told what to do so it could be earlier like last time.
    I'm constantly scouring google searching for that one magic secret that once i find, BOOM i will fall preggy! I know its out there! I just haven't searched the right places yet!!! (i will let you's know when i find it!!!) When im not scouring google im checking back here, to look for BFP's from you girls!
    Oh well 13 more days of impatience before the real craziness begins.

And bethy, as the girls say, nothing is certain until the BT so keep those fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kittybee View Post
    Hi Girls,
    Ive been lurking around this thread for a long time now, finally figured i should say hello, and congrats to mrs simmo & meshell Well done guys! Ive been with springwood since they opened, started my first cycle in march, eggs did not fertilize, second cycle - had one emby put back didn't take, and the same again for my third. About to start my fourth and last cycle for this year, and desperately hoping for a positive outcome. We have been trying to conceive for over 11 years now, counts are low on both sides but apart from that nobody can see why it isn't happening naturally.
    I love the nurses and docs at TFC, they have all been so helpful and understanding. Apart from the let downs, my experience here has been a good one, and i would recommend it to anyone i know.... after we fall preggy of course, we have only told family we are doing this.
    Anyway, i just figured it was time for me to come out of the shadows. I'm going insane waiting for the 22nd when i can pick up my injections, my EPU is scheduled for the 5th dec, but my body doesn't like being told what to do so it could be earlier like last time.
    I'm constantly scouring google searching for that one magic secret that once i find, BOOM i will fall preggy! I know its out there! I just haven't searched the right places yet!!! (i will let you's know when i find it!!!) When im not scouring google im checking back here, to look for BFP's from you girls!
    Oh well 13 more days of impatience before the real craziness begins.

And bethy, as the girls say, nothing is certain until the BT so keep those fingers crossed
    Thanks for the warm wishes and how to you this is your cycle it's a fantastic clinic and I recommend them to everyone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs simmo For This Useful Post:

Kittybee  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the day and appointment has finally been and gone, did the 1hr40min drive for my blood test and got my injections YAY!! got the call 2 hours later to say all is looking good and can start injecting sunday. Im so excited to finally start, i am going into this being optimistic but understand that is is my first ivf cycle so may not work but really hoping it does. Hope its a smooth few weeks for me and everything does as it should.
    Bethy hang in there your levels just may not be high enough yet, pregnant until proven otherwise. Will be thinking of you x Hope everyone else is doing well