Closed Thread
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
    KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gotta add though the needles hurt like a *****, but only until they kick in then you don't have a care in the world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks a lot KtKing! I didn't even know pethadine was an option - I'm willing to pay for it if it helps me get through the transfer.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think they normally use it but with my crocked cervix they will. I freak out otherwise. The first time they had to straighten it I was in tears during the transfer. I swore I'd never go through that without drugs again. Thank god Wazza let me have drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies

Going to ask a tough question here but any input would be greatly appreciated! After so many cycles and trying different protocols the results for me has always been BFN, all my cycles have been short cycles from cd2 - I havent actually done a long cycle - not sure why but maybe I didnt need one, as I have a normal 28 day cycle and all my blood works always good to start on cd2 perhaps? I know I have a low ahm 2.7, etc.

Now this is the dilemma, I am thinking shd I give Wazza a go (I was initially booked to see him but when he did his back I moved on to my current FS - who is quite experienced and really happy with him), but I think what could he possibly do to give me that BFP if my eggs are crap? OR move on to donor cycle (my 23yr niece who is ready whenever Iam ready - its basically just me to say yes - DH, my niece and my sis (her mum) is supportive of this donor cycle.

I want to give Wazza a go but I could just be dragging on the inevitable, a few more cycles....more money...more disappointments...and then perhaps a BFP or BFN in the end.....and I dont really think DH can go through much more, his ready for donor cycle now - he just wants to see my big fat belly (cant wait for the pampering!). My FS has already pulled out the big guns and given me Saizen, even Luveris my Gonal/Menopur is at 600units as it is! Still my response is more or less the same as always.

So sorry for the me post, Laned and KtKing sorry guys but once again your views do help me a lot so feel free to chip in! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann - I understand your dilemma and how you must feel. I too was running out of options and unfotunately Wazza (who is my FS) started talking about donor eggs and perhaps my eggs are crap. It really put me off because deep down I didn't feel that it was my eggs that were the issue. We started IVF because of DH's severe MFI and we got very lucky on our first cycle in 2009 and got our DD. But since then no such luck. I honestly believe it was a numbers game for us and we needed to find a healthy sperm. I know our sitution is very different to yours but just wanted to share my story because you never know what you might pick up.

Here's the thing with Wazza, he is one of few FS's that actually believe in natural supplements making a different. And you know what, every other doctor can say it's a load of sh!t all they want but my DD is proof that these supplements work.

When we were TTC our GP took a sample off DH and sent it to Sullivan Nic's for testing. It came back <0 sperm. WTF I don't know what less than 0 means, isn't that just 0?! We went to Wazza and he also looked at a fresh sample from DH and again he said he couldn't see anything. We took the sample to the scientists and they 'spun it down' and found a few dead ones. That was our best case scenario at that point. If there were SOME sperm that meant he was able to produce it. So we went back to Wazza and he gave us the list of supplements. So much stuff and DH was a trooper and he took it all. We waited 3 months for the supplements to take force because it takes 3 months for sperm and eggs to get mature and for these supplements to make a different.
    We didn't do another sample prior to our first cycle and went straight into the EPU not knowing if we would have any sperm or if DH would need a TESA. You wouldn't believe it - he had a few million! Since then his count has increased up to 15 million and 76% motility for this last cycle. I reseached every medical journal I could find online to see if there was something, anything else he could take and you know what I found? Melatonin. I read a Japanese study that suggested if the male has a reasonably high fat and sedetary lifestyle that melatonin could help. I think it has made a huge different because I fell pregnant in October which marked 2 months of DH taking it (went on to miscarry) but BFP again in January which marked about 5 months of him taking it. Previous to that, two BFN IVF cycles. It is also something you can take to improve egg quality. So have a think about it and do your own research. Let me know how you go. As you can see, sometimes, these supplements can do amazing things. You never know. Good luck with your decision. I think Wazza has some good ideas, but depending on your age (not sure how old you are?) you may be ready to move onto donor already.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (27-05-2013)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Time for a move ... head over here.