Closed Thread
Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks laned - i'm just off now for my acupuncture appointment, i booked this last week and its going to come in extra handy with my high estrogen problem right now. I have read that acupuncture is good for leveling out hormones so fingers crossed.

Wow laned i havent followed your journey but can i assume by your last post that you are pregnant thanks to a SA donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned for the great numbers!!! I couldn't be happier for you

I went for EPU on Wednesday with 27 follicles (), they collected 12 eggs (), but only 2 fertilised (). So now I am waiting anxiously to see if we will have anything to transfer on Monday . It's such a crap journey, our fertilisation rates are getting worse each cycle, it's just so disappointing . I wish I was 20 .

chances - when is EPU scheduled? at least you are getting monitored properly and your FS will know what to do.

stormgirl73 and TFT and everyone else -

Sariele - good luck with your first cycle in Brisbane, hopefully it will be the only one

Tantom - for ET!!!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betelgeuse For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-09-2012),Sariele  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Betelgeuse

Well pick up is hopefully this Wed 19th but all depends on if my estrogen isn't too high. BT and scan Monday morn so .

I just got bk from acupuncture and i feel much better - can't recommend it enough!

Oh i hope you have 2 healthy embryos for transfer Monday! too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl73 View Post
    I was at Life Fert a few weeks ago and they currently have donor sperm available.
    Really?? *tries not to get too excited* Of course, DH may need more time to get used to the idea before we go through with it, but that's great to know anyway.

I have seen Glenn Sterling once and am tossing up between him and another fs at the moment. Let me know how you get on next week with him! He is a bit over the top with his comments!!
    T
    In a funny or offensive way? Lol. I'm pretty easy-going so I can probably take whatever he throws at me, so long as he's not outwardly nasty.

Oh, if you use the hospital carpark opposite then I hope you have a small car!! My friend drove me in and we couldn't get over how narrow the car park was, even scraped her car trying to get round the corner in it! I swear it was built just for mini's!!!
    I have a Mazda2, so we'll hopefully be okay! But thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    it sounds as though yourself and DH have a great contingency plan. It took me a while to come to terms with the whole donor process, but I think that was my ego more than anything and the thought that maybe just maybe I might be able to get there with my own.
    DH is not 100% sold on the donor thing yet. He definitely has ego tied up in all of this; he has explicitly told me that one of the reasons he wants kids is to continue his genetic line. Whereas I just want to raise a family with him, I don't really care about whose genes they have. However, he has told me that if donor is our only option, he will definitely go through with it. But he will need those counselling sessions I'm sure.

After coming to terms with it, I couldn't be more relieved. It took an incredible amount of pressure off me 'to perform' and I love this little Springbok growing inside no differently to my two previous pregnancies. I know I am it's life source. I feel very blessed that a donor would allow me the privilege.
    I am very glad to hear that, and very happy for you. I hope that DH can come to feel this way too.

It will at least be a lot easier having the process attended to here, wow Perth is a long way a way when dealing with IVF.
    Damn skippy. I was away from DH for exactly one month, through jabbing, EPU and transfer, and it sucked! Especially when they told me they could only find one single motile sperm, I didn't have DH with me to hug. Our first cycle it all happened the day DH was flying to Brisbane, so he wasn't there for that transfer either and I was both devestated and still suffering from EPU. So it will be nice to be able to wholly support each other during our next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - welcome - it sounds like you are all over the IVF process in brissie. Best of luck.

There are so many of you going for transfer and pick up right now - best of luck one and all.

I am still in bed resting up on Valium! Seems to be working. One week down and one to go. Thank goodness for this forum. It gives me hope and passes my day getting excited for everyone in their various stages of their cycle. I just can't wait til Wednesday when I have another scan. I just need to hear the lub dub of baby's heart. I pray all you women will soon hear that sweet sound too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel- man oh man what a roller coaster for you. What's going on? Did the FS have any explanation? I have everything crossed that those two will hang in there.

AFM. - really bad day today, had a bleed this morning. Went into see Wazza, he scanned me and there is definitely one gestational sac, a yolk sac and a fetal pole. No visible heart rate. He has ordered more drugs and bed rest. Repeat beta has slowed to 14,315 so not double the 8282 taken two days ago. So don't really know what's happening to our little Springbok. To have a repeat scan in four days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, Hang in there, try to rest. Remember all the stories on this thread and others of ladies bleeding in early pregnancy and that their babies turned out fine. Sending all the positive vibes in the world

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned---Still a great number though. I'm praying and wishing for a healthy and safe sticky little Springbok. Don't you worry about anything that you've done "wrong" you haven't!

Betel--- for your two little embies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - sending you and your little baby best wishes. We are both bed bound on drugs! Are you on Valium and cyklokapron? I can to some small small extent appreciate the angst you must feel. Thinking of you and your family. All the best

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck betel for tomorrow.
    hoping for you laned that all turns out well.
    chances hoping you get good news tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting.

Afm trying to be positive with our day 2 transfers on board day 4 now. Feeling proud that I've managed to keep working all year with all this going on.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-09-2012)