Closed Thread
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    betel..no words can take away your pain but please know that you are in my thoughts at this horrible time. please take care of yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel hope you are holding up well under the circumstances during this easter break. I totally get what Laned is saying, its a hard and very personal decision that I too have been thinking about recently. Kt has given me some good advice on it too. But whatever your choice your decision we are here for you and 8 years is a bloody long time, I cannot imagine how you must feel as having gone through 4yrs of this myself Iam now beginning to get over the baby ads! Take care.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel - I had a fantastic counsellor who helped me with the end of our dream. For me it was really about "how do I do life without the prospect of children" when that's all I have focused on since I was about 7 years old. She helped me see that although it was goung to be different than what I expected it could still be brilliant. The first thing she got me to do was to write in a journal all the things Id like to do with my life that I might not have been able to do if we did have kids. That made me see my life for what it could be rather than what I would be missing out on. Very positive!!

It also seemed so incredibly daunting to face family and friends at the end of our journey but I have to say that I have had nothing but love and support. I still feel little pangs when people announce a pregnancy but that's pretty much gone now that I've moved into a new phase of my life.

I did look into donor eggs and although that path wasn't the one we took I would certainly look into it and find in your heart if that's the way forward for you. There are plenty of ladies who would be more than happy to give you advice.

I wish you lots of luck!!!
    TRH

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Betel, firstly, I'm am sorry to hear your news.

As a few of the ladies have said its not easy being faced with the prospect that you would/could never have your own biological child. And the decision to proceed with donor eggs is a very personal one. I know a few people who, if faced with the decision, probably couldn't handle it. For us it came down to this..

I had started to notice that with each and every failed ivf cycle, I was becoming more and more depressed at the results. But determination for a child would win in the end and we would cycle again, only to be disappointed once more. At the end of our 7th failed IVF cycle I called my DH in tears because I was emotionally and physically done. I told him that was it and we were going to adopt. At 29 years old I had come to terms with the fact that I was never going to have my own child. They kept telling us that it was "unexplained" infertility for me (DH has a low count too) so we couldn't work out where we were going wrong and I just couldn't take it any more. So to look for answers anywhere he could, DH called Wazza to explain my frame of mind and ask his professional opinion. Wazza told him (and it was the first time in 7 cycles, only our first cycle with Wazza) that my eggs had been the problem the whole time. The quality was average so the embryo quality wasn't good enough. He then suggested egg donor, preferably from a sibling or relative if possible. We had discussed donor in the past but always thought it was a sperm donor we would have required. It took me all of 5 minutes to process this after DH explained what Wazza said to me, to know it was right for us. And I was lucky to have a sister I could depend on. She didn't even hesitate. At the counselling session before we started, she explained it the best, when asked how she would separate herself from any child produced from her eggs, her answer was "the eggs may have come from my ovaries, but it is her blood and her body that feeds and grows the baby, it will be more her child than mine".

I know I was very lucky to have a wonderful sister who would give up a part of herself for me, and after I explained the waiting list for her for other women who weren't as fortunate as I am, she told me (unless I need her again) that she will be going back and donating anonymously to help other women/couples. Truly a heart of gold.

The decision wasn't even there for us, I just knew it felt right to use a donor to replace my eggs. One more cycle later with two very good looking embryos transferred and I am expecting baby #1 in 3 months time. And to make it all better, for the first time ever we also have an embryo in the freezer to use after this one is born. Now that I am carrying this child and feeling it kick and grow more and more every day, I am more convinced that genetics doesn't mean a thing. This baby is mine and I will be its mother. It's aunt played a very special part in it coming to life and in time the baby will know how special a person she is.

I hope this helps you. As I said it is a very personal decision and not one other people can make for you. I think you have to be ready to accept that your family just won't start in the traditional manner. This was just our story. There is no wrong happy ending which ever path you choose.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently in the TWW after my very first IUI last Wednesday. Been really busy moving house, so have had plenty to keep me occupied. First IUI was with Clomid and Trigger Shot. Will just have to wait and see what happends, DH is so sure it is going to work. But I am not getting my hopes up. What will be will be.

Best of luck to the other ladies on the TTC roller coaster!!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel---Just to let you know I'm still following your journey and thinking of you in tough times.

TRH-- How are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

A quick question, my eldest daughter has made a state sports team and we will have to travel interstate for the first 2-3 days of my first ivf cycle.

Any tips on travelling with medications etc on the plane and staying in hotel rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lethia - when I went to South Africa for treatment, I took all injectable meds on the plane with me. I ensured that I had a doctors letter also. Be sure to get a letter from your Dr listing all your medications.

Also put any meds that need refrigerating in the 'green' cooler bag along with an ice pack and be sure to check with the hotel that they have an in room fridge and transfer the same on arrival.

I didn't leave any of my medications or sharps containers out in the day, rather packed it all in my bag. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kt and Laned

I have a question for you ladies, with your donor cycle did you conceive first time around or did it take a few cycles?

I am slowly beginning to gather info on donor cycle and at this stage know nothing! Is it even covered by medicare, do you know? I am with Medibank private so my EPU is covered but not sure how that would be applicable to my donor, sorry if Iam asking questions that you may not have answers to! I am currently 8dp 3dt and with zip symptoms beginning to think ahead, thanks girls - or anyone out there who may have some insight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I am sorry to interrupt this thread. I am trying to find some other ladies from Brisbane going or have gone through the IVF journey.

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about FS and clinics in the Brisbane area. I am pretty sure we will use QFG, but any information, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Toni