Closed Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow betel what a little fighter you have there. I am so hoping that this bub hangs in there. please keep us posted as I do read my email updates everyday waiting to hear news of all us lovely ladies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow betel another roller coaster ride you are on. I just want to say how amazing your are. I hope you have a good news story at the end of this, you most certainly deserve it. Good luck with the coming days xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nicole and Lineyb! BT yesterday shows hcg still rising but slowing down so OB didn't sound very positive but he said we just need to wait. So more BT and scan next week.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Betel - I'm sorry you're living in limbo land. I know the feeling well and it's not very nice.

Laned - it's been really lovely watching your journey from the sidelines. I can't wait to see the birth notice for the little springbok!

AFM - just had a little nephew who is just gorgeous but he is in a lot of pain from reflux. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He is now on medication which will hopefully kick in soon and give him, and mum and dad, some relief!

DH and I have just welcomed a beautiful little chocolate brown poodle named Poppy into our lives and more importantly our hearts! She is the light of our lives and I can't believe how a non-doggy loving person like my DH can be so besotted by her. He would have made a fantastic dad to a little human but it just wasn't meant to be!

I am absolutely loving my change of career into teaching. I'm teaching grade one and they are such little treasures! It's so rewarding to see their progress even over just the last 9 weeks. It's the hardest job I've ever done but now wouldn't do anything else!!

I wish you all well on your journeys and will continue to watch from the sidelines (albeit not as regularly now)!!

TRH

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tryingreallyhard For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (24-03-2013),tryingfortwo  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls,

i must say what a lovely surprise it is to see recent posts from TRH, Betel, Liney and Susie.

Betel - I know I have said it before, but you are a true warrior and I find myself in awe of your resilience. I am sorry that you are having to deal with uncertainty. That said, you never know what the numbers or pending scan may show. Your upcoming news is positive.

TRH - So pleased to read that all is well at work. Your post brought a real smile to my face. You are definitely the person for facilitating the shaping and encouragement of little ones. As for the addition of a fur person, fantastic. We have always had Pomeranians and they are our fur babies. They definitely add another dimension to your life. Happy to read your DH is now a convert. Xx

Liney - I bet you are having so much fun with those little ones of yours. How lovely.

Susie - GreaT to hear that you guys are giving it a go and it is a relief to read that you are both putting the bubbas first. Hope the trip to Ireland goes well.

AFM -33w tomorrow and told by Ob last week that bub has until 34w to move. Bub is currently transverse and if he/she doesn't move I am looking at a CS via classical (vertical incision) at 37w. So may be meeting the Springbok sooner rather than later.

Again thanks for popping in girls and much love to all xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TRH, Liney, Suzie and Betel, its so nice to hear from familiar óld' names and see how things are working out for you girls. I have cycled with all of you at some stage or other....unfortunately still here .

Suzie, I really hope you are able to work out things with your DH, I remember your posts from the time you cycled and got preggos with your twins (I was cycling at the same time) and things were really hard for you. Hope you guys will be able to rekindle that spark on your holiday.

Betel - hang in there and good luck and you are right god knows you need it!!

Liney - with your AMH you give me hope love!! I bet those twins are keeping you on your toes!

TRH - its good to hear you are doing great and that there's a life beyond this IVF journey, I hope one day you will be blessed with a little miracle! But good on you for having a happy and fulfilled life with DH and of course Poppy!

Laned its all happening for you! You must be excited, nervous, happy, anxious all rolled in one? I cannot wait to hear your good news here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Thanks laned - I hope this little one has been hanging on tight after last nights bleed. It went through my panty liner as undies then dripped all in the toilet. Bleeding continued on and off until 11pm woke at 4am nothing on pad but more dripping in the toilet.

Ktking - wazza seems to prescribe different combinations for all of us. Which is confusing. I looked back to posts from kandp in October when she had her big bleed and he ended up taking her off the clexane so I am not sure why they are insisting I stay on it. I have both wazza and OB agree I should stay on in. I wish I had some answers.

I'm off to the OB in about an hour for a scan. Please pray for my little one, that he/she has been hanging on tight overnight.

Thank you all for being there for me once again, it means a lot xoxo
    Hi Nicole!

I just had a read back and saw this! I'm so sorry i've not been around - i've been majorly AWOL.

I spoke to Wazza at the time and asked the question about the clexane working against the cyclokopran, and he decided to take me off the clexane - I wasn't being treated for anything specific with the clexane so i figured that he felt it couldn't hurt.

The bleeds totally slowed at around 10 weeks, and had stopped by 11 - so after the massive bleed at 6 weeks and almost losing backhoe, i went off the clexane and it really did slow down (not sure if it was the lack of clexane or just that the SCH was shrinking). I then started seeing my OB at 8 weeks after Wazza let me go (VERY SAD) and over the next 3 weeks, the SCH disappeared. My OB weaned me off all the drugs (YAY!) at 12 weeks, which took about 10 days, and when i'd stopped all the progesterone, i had 3 bleeds in a week - all bright red, all very thin blood - i freaked the hell out, but my OB said it was probably due to the huge drop in progesterone, almost tricking my body into thinking I was having a period. Since then, no bleeds!

I'm now 27+2, but things have been far from uneventful. At 20 weeks I was diagnosed with vasa praevia, so i'm going to have to have a C-section at 37 weeks, and my glucose challenge test has come back positive for high blood sugar, so last friday i had the glucose tolerance test. If that comes back abnormal then I have gestational diabetes. GO ME, i do pregnancy so well LOL. All i can do is laugh - we've gone through so much to get here.

Nicole (and anyone else), i may rarely hop on here nowadays, but if you *ever* need a chat with another gal who has been where you are, please shoot me a PM <3 <3
    Last edited by KandP; 24-03-2013 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Hi Nicole!

I just had a read back and saw this! I'm so sorry i've not been around - i've been majorly AWOL.

I spoke to Wazza at the time and asked the question about the clexane working against the cyclokopran, and he decided to take me off the clexane - I wasn't being treated for anything specific with the clexane so i figured that he felt it couldn't hurt.

The bleeds totally slowed at around 10 weeks, and had stopped by 11 - so after the massive bleed at 6 weeks and almost losing backhoe, i went off the clexane and it really did slow down (not sure if it was the lack of clexane or just that the SCH was shrinking). I then started seeing my OB at 8 weeks after Wazza let me go (VERY SAD) and over the next 3 weeks, the SCH disappeared. My OB weaned me off all the drugs (YAY!) at 12 weeks, which took about 10 days, and when i'd stopped all the progesterone, i had 3 bleeds in a week - all bright red, all very thin blood - i freaked the hell out, but my OB said it was probably due to the huge drop in progesterone, almost tricking my body into thinking I was having a period. Since then, no bleeds!

I'm now 27+2, but things have been far from uneventful. At 20 weeks I was diagnosed with vasa praevia, so i'm going to have to have a C-section at 37 weeks, and my glucose challenge test has come back positive for high blood sugar, so last friday i had the glucose tolerance test. If that comes back abnormal then I have gestational diabetes. GO ME, i do pregnancy so well LOL. All i can do is laugh - we've gone through so much to get here.

Nicole (and anyone else), i may rarely hop on here nowadays, but if you *ever* need a chat with another gal who has been where you are, please shoot me a PM <3 <3
    Hi kandp - Thanks for popping by! I'm on my phone so will keep it quick...but thankyou for the advice about weaning off meds. I see OB tomorrow so will see what she says. I am glad I stocked up anyway cos I want to wean very slowly as I am also afraid of my body freaking out after being on such high doses for so long.

The clexane debate is an interesting one. On one hand I was sure it was what caused the bleed and was adamant to go off it but wazza and OB said no. Days later I passed the massive clots and I would hate to imagine what may have happened if I didn't have clexane at all. Could the clots have been worse? Now I am frightened to go off clexane at all I case I somehow develop more clots. It's all so confusing.

Sorry to hear about the vasa previa. I hope you aren't stressing yourself out too much with it all. Stay strong and happy and I am sure bubs will arrive safely. You have come so far and close to the finish line. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Limboland is over for me and it's not good. HCG started dropping this week and scan shows no growth so I just need to wait for the inevitable m/c. Hopefully it will pass naturally and won't need a D&C. What a great Easter weekend!!
    Anyway it just confirmed that our embryos are not going anywhere and that maybe egg donor is the way to go for us. I'll make an appointment with FS and see where from now. Thanks all for your nice words of encouragement. It's been an 8 years journey filled with nothing other than heartbreaking news, one after the other, no luck and no miracles for us. It's hard to take, and keep a smiling face for the "outside" world. But as tryingreallyhard proves, there is still a chance of a very happy life even without children. Maybe is not the way we planned it but for sure I am not going to let this infertility to be on the way of me being a happy person.

Thanks all and hopefully I'll be back soon with some better news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel - I am sorry you didn't get your miracle. Xxx

As you know, our little miracle has come in the form of a donated egg from Saffaland. I realise it is a very personal decision and for some it is the way to go, for others not so. I myself had a true struggle giving up on my own eggs. That said, I am sure that KT can back me up on this one, but I am fully aware that I am the responsible lifeline for this bubba and will continue to be responsible for his/her nurturing well into the future.

I wish you and DH much love during this difficult time. Xx