Closed Thread
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ann, it sux to be faced with that decision. I was there myself and we just knew it was right for us. We'd been through 7 cycles and enough was enough. I got eggs from my sister and I have never regretted it. In the end it's all from the same gene pool :-). Her way of looking at it was the best. They may be her eggs but its my blood pumping through the babies body and its my body that feeds it and helps it grow. To us it is more my child then it will ever be hers. I could never thank her enough for her gift. And in return she will have a niece/nephew to love in June.

I hope you get your BFP soon. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kt thanks for the encouragement, actually my niece is sitting next to me right now and I read her your post. Poor darling is so keen! And makes jokes like she hopes resulting baby's not going to take on her weaker points (that she thinks she has!). I hope I manage to get pregnant this time around! Did you get pregnant with your sis egg first time around and do you have any frosties? How old is your sis if you dont mind me asking? I have cycled with you and bumped around in threads in the past. Do you have low amh although I see you are quite young. Have you used saizen? Gosh sorry for the questions bombardment!

Iam so happy for you that you are going to have your little one soon! I wanna be there too!!!!! DH will be the worlds happiest person - along with all the other DHs and DPs on bubhub!

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hey Kt thanks for the encouragement, actually my niece is sitting next to me right now and I read her your post. Poor darling is so keen! And makes jokes like she hopes resulting baby's not going to take on her weaker points (that she thinks she has!). I hope I manage to get pregnant this time around! Did you get pregnant with your sis egg first time around and do you have any frosties? How old is your sis if you dont mind me asking? I have cycled with you and bumped around in threads in the past. Do you have low amh although I see you are quite young. Have you used saizen? Gosh sorry for the questions bombardment!

Iam so happy for you that you are going to have your little one soon! I wanna be there too!!!!! DH will be the worlds happiest person - along with all the other DHs and DPs on bubhub!
    Yeah we got pregnant on the first attempt with my sisters eggs. She is 32 (2 years older than me) so just over the ideal age cut off but they checked her AMH and they were happy for her to donate. We joke all the time about my sisters genetics that my baby may have. I keep telling her I'll be dropping it at her place if it turns into a teenager like she was :-) (she knows she was a bit of a biatch lol). We only ended up with 3 embryos out of 16 egg collected but my DH has issues too and the two they transferred were really good quality (even though they were day 6 blastys not day 5). We have the third one frozen and it is good quality but it was even slower and was a day 7 blasty.

Honestly I have no idea what my AMH would be now. After 7 cycles of IVF I'm sure I can't have much left.

My sister has actually said that if we don't need her eggs again she will go back and donate anonymously. What a true champ she is. We have already decided that I'd our only frosty works we will stop at just two kids. We always wanted more but now we would be stoked with just two. If our frosty doesn't work we will pay to go through it again and if they will allow her to do it again, my sister is on board to help us again.

And no I have never used saizen. I've heard a few people have though.

I really hope you get your BFP too. I have to tell you it took me a while to believe it was true. I did 3 POAS and it wasn't until the second blood test that I actually came to terms that it had actually happened. I was starting to accept that it may never happen for me and maybe I was just destined to adopt. I've been around for a little while now. I looked it up and my first cycle was in March 09. So it took nearly 4 years.

Please ASK AWAY!!! Gosh I hope I answered everything for you lol. I keep getting distracted by the tv :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    I am new to Brisbane and am getting ready to start my first IUI cycle and first clomid cycle, with Dr Shane Higgins @ QFG.

Husband and I have been ttc for 18 months. Only problem is husbands swimmers are a bit slow. Had HSG done last month, hopefully that helps.

Nice to have some girls to talk to about this!!
    Hi ABH, welcome to Brisbane! I'm also with QFG - seeing Dr Molloy.

DH has a genetic disease that we don't want to pass on. So after a lot of thought & discussion we decided to do PGD.

Did our bloods etc for the PGD workup about a month and a half ago so now we are just waiting. It can take up to six months, so it's a long & frustrating wait (I just want to get started) but I just keep thinking of the goal in the end.

Plus, once PGD workup is done, it's done - ie if we are not successful the first time, we don't have to do the work-up again I don't think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann - I am so sorry Hun. I think you are truly amazing for bouncing back so quickly. Truly the makings of an amazing mum to be.

as for the Saizan, I have had two friends and know of another two women who have had great success with it. I know it is very expensive, but by all accounts worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kt thanks for your reply. Sorry I was trying to figure it out are your preggo with one or twins? and how far along are you?

Laned thank you as well and hope that this saizen does the trick for me!

Ladies I have mentioned before I do have two children DD who just turned 16 on Sun and DS who turned 14 yesterday (he kindly reminded me - mum turn my age around and that will be you in April!!) , so I am truly blessed to have great kids. They were both from my first marriage and I have been with DH for 10 ten years and we always wanted to have kids but for some reason I was in la la land and 'woke up' at 37 (more like shaken up from DH!!), but I never thought that I wld be were Iam today, I thought it wld just happen - silly me. But the need and desire to have a baby (or two!) with DH is just as strong (he doesnt have children). DH wants to hold our newborn and as you ladies know IVF is such a heart breaking journey and sometimes you feel as though it is just not going to happen and other days i feel I am one day closer to my goal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ann, definately only one bub in there :-). Both embryos implanted but one was an empty sac at our first scan (7weeks I think). I'm now 25+5 weeks. It feels like it is going sooo slow lol. But I am really starting to enjoy it more. I was sooo sick from 12-about 20 weeks and it is bearable now and Bub is moving heaps every day so it keeps me excited :-).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just looking for some advice from those that have been on wazza's meds. He is away at the moment and Kate isn't back in the office until Friday.

I am currently 10 weeks & 5 days and the bleeding has slowed down to a rusty colour and small amounts on a panty liner or when I go to the toilet.

So I am on:
    Cyklokapron 2 tabs @ 4 times day
    Progynova 2 tabs @ 5 times day
    Provera 2 tabs @ 5 times day

Plus Valium and metformin and pessaries.

But the three main ones above with dosage details are the ones I am running low on.

Approximately how many weeks did you stop the Progynova, provera and pessaries and did you wean off them?

And then the next question regarding the cyklokapron and bleeding. Did you wait until the bleed completely stopped for a number of days or weeks before ceasing this one or did you stop it as soon as bleed just slowed or went rusty?

I know it sounds stingy but its just another $100 worth or meds dh will needs to pick up over the weekend, only to perhaps find out next weeks they want me to stop. So I figure if I am close to stopping then I could begin weaning my dosage to drag it out.

I have an appt with OB on Tuesday but I don't feel like she is as familiar with all of these meds like wazza is.

Obviously if I need to remain on these for a few more weeks I won't hesitate in getting more. I would just hate to buy a new box and have 2 tablets then that's it!

Thanks girls.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When Wazza had me on the provera it was take it for so many days then stop.... That was to stop bleeding pre starting treatment as I had been bleeding for 6months straight.. Not sure about the other meds though.. I hope that helps a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrssjh View Post
    When Wazza had me on the provera it was take it for so many days then stop.... That was to stop bleeding pre starting treatment as I had been bleeding for 6months straight.. Not sure about the other meds though.. I hope that helps a bit.
    Thanks for replying but mine's for pregnancy support so a bit different to your situation. Hopefully laned, ktking or one of the other girls that suffered a SCH during 1st tri can help? Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (27-05-2013)