Closed Thread
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry ladies a "me" post. I am really struggling today.

Had a very traumatic night. Woke up at 9.30pm to wee and a blood clot size of my middle finger fell out. I collected it to show the nurse and they confirmed it was the clot and not baby, thank god.

Went to bed relatively happy because I thought that was it, clot has passed as I can move on with the pregnancy.

Woke again at midnight covered in blood and stood up to have a golf ball size clot fall out of me. I felt nauseous, dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. Nurses collected that one too to show OB.

Woke at 5am to a few more clots that looked like beans. Probably about 10 of them. Thankfully had scan with OB at 9am and baby was intact, heart 178bpm, measures 8+2 which I am a little worried about cos I am 8 + 3 today but actual specs is 19mm and google says that's perfectly fine. Plus her measuring could be out a little bit, the photo of baby is not too clear.

Unfortunately the SCH has only shrunk by 1cm so even though I have all this loss the SCH must have grown. I wish I had some answers. The OB is just saying one day at a time. I want to be home and healthy with a healthy pregnancy. I am so over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - sorry you are having to endure this worry. My thoughts are with you and your little one. May your little fighter hang in there and grown stronger by the day. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you laned - I started feeling a bit more like myself last night and only woke once with a liquid bleed (no clots). I hope that is a good sign. I suppose if the clot is so old and coagulated blood then my body wouldn't have been able to absorb it. If it has filled up with new blood hopefully I can just pass it slowly or absorb it.

Thank you for listening. I am getting sick of the questions from my family. They want to know why it happened, when will it stop, why are there more clots, what else can the doctors do...and as you know there are very few answers to these questions so everyone feels frustrated.

I am glad I still have you and ktking around who have obviously endured this battle. Plus everyone else's support is wonderful too. Thank you ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nicole

Just popped in to see how you going.....I know you're probably not feeling too great. All that bleeding sounds very scary, but its good to know the strong little bubs is fighting on. Your family will have a lot of questions as they probably feel helpless (in the sense that they cannot do anything for you physically), you are very lucky too have them around you - I know the constant questioning doesnt help! I hope DH is ok it must be hard for you missing DS as well. Well fingers crossed and all good things ONLY you will be on the other side after 9 or is it 8 months now! Take care love and keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ann feeling a bit better today. So far the blood has been after using the toilet.

It's suck an icky feeling when using pads and feel that drip. I am used to tampons.

DH and DD are doing pretty well actually. DH has negotiated with his work to do shorter days for the rest of the week to take some pressure of MIL and mum who have been taking the reigns with caring for DD.

Still no update of when I might go home. I am enjoying being well fed and not having to think of what to eat/cook. But I will certainly be looking forward to my own bed eventually and my fave tv eps ******ed from the computer to the tv in our room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I really hope you don't mind me crashing your thread....I too am in Brisbane and have been through many many rounds of ivf/iui ...Nicole your posts have caught my eye...I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been spotting/bleeding on and off the whole pregnancy...at 5 weeks I miscarried one twin. The other is still going strong however yesterday after more red spotting I went to my gp and they got in me for a scan with qdi (easier for me to do this than travel an hour and a half to see by fs). Anyway the sonographer said I have a very small pool of blood in the uterus called a SCH but it is away from baby and wont do any harm. I am worried though....do you think there is need for me to hospitilised too? Would this be what is causing the bleeds? I have tried researching about it but just managed to freak myself out.
    Do you know what causes sch?
    So sorry for barging in like this I hope I have not offended anyone!!!
    All the best everyone and Nicole you and bub are in my thoughts xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    Hey ladies, I really hope you don't mind me crashing your thread....I too am in Brisbane and have been through many many rounds of ivf/iui ...Nicole your posts have caught my eye...I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been spotting/bleeding on and off the whole pregnancy...at 5 weeks I miscarried one twin. The other is still going strong however yesterday after more red spotting I went to my gp and they got in me for a scan with qdi (easier for me to do this than travel an hour and a half to see by fs). Anyway the sonographer said I have a very small pool of blood in the uterus called a SCH but it is away from baby and wont do any harm. I am worried though....do you think there is need for me to hospitilised too? Would this be what is causing the bleeds? I have tried researching about it but just managed to freak myself out.
    Do you know what causes sch?
    So sorry for barging in like this I hope I have not offended anyone!!!
    All the best everyone and Nicole you and bub are in my thoughts xxx
    I'm sorry to hear you are on the SCH Journey too it certainly isn't easy.

My fs said burst blood vessels can be what caused it. But reading online also suggests something occurred when the embryo implanted. Which may explain why I had a bright red bleed at 10dpo/epu.

My fs put me on 2 weeks bed rest but my family suggested hospitalization because I already have a 2.5yr old DD and they were worried about caring for me and caring for her and causing me extra stress when she would want me to play but I need to rest. The first 2 days i spent at home and found myself doing a lot more [out of habit] than I should have. I am honestly so glad I ended up in hospital because I am heavily medicated and I would struggle to sort out the meds without the nurses help. My fs has added cyklokapron and Valium and I am not sure if its making any difference to the bleed but the Valium relaxes me and keeps me asleep for large portions of the day. I have also been lucky enough to have 2 scans while here which has helped my anxiety levels worrying about baby.

So depending on your situation, see if you think hospital is the way to go. If its just you and dh then you might be fine at home. I think I am the only one in the history of this thread that has ended up in hospital. If you go back to the pages around October last year you will see a other 3 ladies SCH journey.

I hope I answered all your questions and please keep in touch. Will be praying for your little one too. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you are on the SCH Journey too it certainly isn't easy.

My fs said burst blood vessels can be what caused it. But reading online also suggests something occurred when the embryo implanted. Which may explain why I had a bright red bleed at 10dpo/epu.

My fs put me on 2 weeks bed rest but my family suggested hospitalization because I already have a 2.5yr old DD and they were worried about caring for me and caring for her and causing me extra stress when she would want me to play but I need to rest. The first 2 days i spent at home and found myself doing a lot more [out of habit] than I should have. I am honestly so glad I ended up in hospital because I am heavily medicated and I would struggle to sort out the meds without the nurses help. My fs has added cyklokapron and Valium and I am not sure if its making any difference to the bleed but the Valium relaxes me and keeps me asleep for large portions of the day. I have also been lucky enough to have 2 scans while here which has helped my anxiety levels worrying about baby.

So depending on your situation, see if you think hospital is the way to go. If its just you and dh then you might be fine at home. I think I am the only one in the history of this thread that has ended up in hospital. If you go back to the pages around October last year you will see a other 3 ladies SCH journey.

I hope I answered all your questions and please keep in touch. Will be praying for your little one too. Xx
    Thank u so much for your response Nicole it is good to know that I am not alone in this.
    The sonographer told me that sch is very common but that doesn't ease my mind at all. I too had bleeding around 10dpo. I have had a scan every week since 5 weeks and this is the first time the sch was picked up so it must be new right? But what would have been causing the spotting all the other times? Hmmm.
    I really hate this. I just want to blissfully pregnant and not have constant worry. Dh is away for the army until April so I am here alone but staying with family so they are being a great help, I didn't realise I should be on bed rest and went for a walk today. Damn it.

I have sent u a pm and will keep in touch, I am sure we are both worrying for nothing and our bubbas are going to be just fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4melps - I felt the same way as you. I had that very early 10dpo bleed and was good for a couple of weeks. I specifically asked my fs at my first scan at 6.4 weeks if he could see any more blood and he said no. I left his office feeling great cos baby had heartbeat and blood was gone, or so I thought. 4 days later I had a brown bleed. Then 2 more days and bright red.
    My OB says sometimes they are hard to measure and given the scanners aren't 3d I suppose a SCH could be hiding anywhere.

Anyway, try to rest up and drink lots of fluid. See what meds dr stirling wants you on. I highly recommend the Valium if you are on bedrest. Makes the day go quicker And less panicky. I'm on 1/2 tablet 4 times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hcg today was 64 so not doubling Given that I feel well and have no spotting/bleeding/cramps I don't think I will have a m/c. I am getting ready for another ectopic. I have a scan on Monday and that will tell us what this pregnancy is. I am going to retire in my cave now for a while, sometime it's just too much even to keep talking about it. I know I have a lot of support here, thanks everyone for always been here when I need it .
    I want to spend the next few days with joy and happiness in honour of our baby...as long as I can I will celebrate this little life. For us is still a precious miracle