Closed Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bala2
    My Dh is taking me but I wasn't sure with the valium lol, now I've got the bloody flu arrr
    hope everything is good for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

Hi stormgirl - I agree with others and go to chemist warehouse. I heard on the radio they have a half price vitamin sale on ATM. I use krill oil instead of fish (so much smaller and apparently more potent/better for you). The dhea you will need to get from a compounding pharmacy. There is one at indro and charges about $100 for 100 tablets. Does he have you on 25mg x 3 a day? I was on it but had to cut back to 1 x 25mg because my dhea was measuring too high. Prior to this I got the pharmacy to make up my tablets in 1 x 75mg because it's easier to take one rather than three a day. Bah what a waste of money I now have half a jar of 75mg sitting there! Its a private script so not on the PBS but you will get some back from phi if you have it.

Tantom - all the best with ET. As others have said you will need someone else to drive. I quite enjoy the good old Valium and going home to nap all day long.

Laned - all the best with more bloods.

Hi to everyone else

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

laned  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Hi stormgirl - I agree with others and go to chemist warehouse. I heard on the radio they have a half price vitamin sale on ATM. I use krill oil instead of fish (so much smaller and apparently more potent/better for you). The dhea you will need to get from a compounding pharmacy. There is one at indro and charges about $100 for 100 tablets. Does he have you on 25mg x 3 a day? I was on it but had to cut back to 1 x 25mg because my dhea was measuring too high. Prior to this I got the pharmacy to make up my tablets in 1 x 75mg because it's easier to take one rather than three a day. Bah what a waste of money I now have half a jar of 75mg sitting there! Its a private script so not on the PBS but you will get some back from phi if you have it.
    Thanks Nicole, will go to the one in Ipswich tomorrow (think that is the closest).
    As for the DHEA, I have no idea yet what he is prescribing me, will wait til I get it in the post. I spoke to the nurse over the phone, explained my situation and my low AMH and said I wanted to start taking any meds, supplements now so hopefully I can do a cycle before end of year (haven't seen Wazza yet, my appt isn't until Nov). She said that normally he doesn't prescribe DHEA until after the first IVF cycle (after he knows quality of eggs) but when I said I only had enough money for one cycle so I wanted to make sure I was taking everything possible now to help me, she spoke to him and emailed me back.
    Do you order the DHEA or they get it ready while you there?? With phi, is DHEA under pregnancy or just in general cover?? I have only been with medibank for a few months so I may not be able to use it?????
    Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    welll despite my good egg scan this morn i got a call this arvo from my stand in FS (current FS is on leave) and my estrogen levels are high - 9500! So i have been told to drop my dose from 150 to 112.5 gonal f. Rescan/BT on Monday and hoping estrogen has not gone up too much.

I am surprised at a number of things - i started out on a standard dose of gonal f - 150. I have a low amh of 9.5 too. hmmmm

I dont want this cycle to be cancelled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances - have everything crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm subbing because I am now officially going to be a Brisbane IVF-er. We moved here in June, but I've been doing an ICSI cycle back at my Perth clinic to use up the rest of DH's frozen sperm that we had stored there. I got my official BFN today, so we now have referrals for Dr Sterling at Life Fert, and an appointment booked for next Thursday.

Excited about moving on with a fresh perspective. I hope that we will get to cycle again before the end of the year, and that it will be attempting TESE with a donor back-up... no idea if we will be able to move that quickly with a donor, I guess I'll find out on Thursday once I've asked some questions.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariele - welcome and all the very best! I was at Life Fert a few weeks ago and they currently have donor sperm available. I have seen Glenn Sterling once and am tossing up between him and another fs at the moment. Let me know how you get on next week with him! He is a bit over the top with his comments!! The clinic is new and beautiful. Oh, if you use the hospital carpark opposite then I hope you have a small car!! My friend drove me in and we couldn't get over how narrow the car park was, even scraped her car trying to get round the corner in it! I swear it was built just for mini's!!!
    Anyway, all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, hope the bloods went fine! Re the Betadine, I gargled with it before I found out I was pregnant with DS1, went into panic mode (as you do) but the doctor told me very firmly not to worry about it, basically they err on the side of caution and while you should cease using it going forward using it a few times (as I did) before I knew I was pregnant would not cause a problem. Needless to say DS1 is fine! Remember most women would probably not even know they were pregnant at your stage - would probably just think they had a late period because most women don't track their periods as closely as us IVF TTC'ers! - and therefore are happily drinking wine, eating camembert cheese and deli meats and gargling Betadine etc in very early pregnancy and their babies turn out just fine. Try not to worry and stress, although I know that is hard advice to take - am sure everything is going to work out great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances - For your cycle. It is good that your levels are being tracked so closely.

Tantom - For upcoming TF

Stormgirl - it was a great idea of Nicole's to get you on the Wazza regime. The DHEA needs to be especially made up by a compounding pharmacist. I agree, I have found the one at Indooroopilly in Station Rd to be the cheapest.

It is a great thing to get the script now as DHEA can take up to 3 months to have effect. It has been found to improve egg quality in those persons with low AMH and or poor responders.

The other drug possibly worth considering is melatonin. Again this will have to be made up by a compounding pharmacist.

TFT - as ever you seem to be a guardian angel over my posts. Thank you so much. I emailed a medication expert that was referred to on another site and he emailed me a lovely reassuring response. As for the bloods they were 8282 so everything appears to be headed in the right direction. Have first scan booked for 24/9.

Tio everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariel - my sincere apologies for your recent BFN. it sounds as though yourself and DH have a great contingency plan. It took me a while to come to terms with the whole donor process, but I think that was my ego more than anything and the thought that maybe just maybe I might be able to get there with my own.

After coming to terms with it, I couldn't be more relieved. It took an incredible amount of pressure off me 'to perform' and I love this little Springbok growing inside no differently to my two previous pregnancies. I know I am it's life source. I feel very blessed that a donor would allow me the privilege.

All the very best for future decisions. It will at least be a lot easier having the process attended to here, wow Perth is a long way a way when dealing with IVF.