Closed Thread
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Delete double post
    Last edited by nicole83; 22-02-2013 at 09:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - thanks for your kind words. How long until you start mat leave?

KTKing - thank you too! Gosh that MS is certainly not easing for you. Wish there was something I could say, but I have no suggestions and I am sure you have been through all of the usual remedies. I too have been getting some MS this time around which is different to DD (I didn't get it at all). But it certainly isn't as bad as yours, just feeling slightly ill every now and then but it usually passes quickly. I find that I am constantly eating and that helps.

Your sister is truly an angel and what a wonderful surprise for your family. My DD has a little cousin born 3 months after her and they have loads of fun together.

Hello to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nicole I am having an elective CS so am planning on working up until 3 weeks prior and all going well I will be finishing up mid April. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

Hi laned - that is exciting not much longer to go

Afm - 7+ 2 weeks and Had a major scare this morning. Woke up to brown blood. Rushed into see wazza but he wasn't there. Luckily my OB was able to see me. I had a scan and thankfully baby is ok. Heartbeat has increased to 141bmp. Measured perfectly. So I am now on bed rest for the next 3 days. I know it's nothing compared to what some of you have gone through. Any tips? I have dh at the shops stocking up on my meds and buying some magazines. I might also get him to organize a few seasons of a tv show I haven't seen.

I will call wazza tomorrow to let him know what's going on. I am a bit afraid he will extend the bed rest and perhaps prescribe some of the other drugs I have seen a few of you on who have had bleeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

Firstly I have to apologise for disappearing without saying anything. I didn't mean to but between dealing with my IVF failures and a busy life I just never got the time and courage to come back and say hello. I know some of you are wondering how I am doing...
    Sorry for not going back and read all the old posts, but I want to congratulate to all the new BFP and wish you all a wonderful pregnancy.

I am still in the middle of this journey but I want all my friends here to know that I am fine and I am not ready to give up yet. We had another failed cycle back in December and now we just put back our only frostie (BT on Friday). What comes after this I don't know but happy to take my time to decide what we want to do next (giving up, another cycle, an ED cycle, who knows????).

Throughout this journey I learnt a lot and I have changed so much. Before it was all about finding an answer, rushing against the time, finding the right "recipe". Now I am more relaxed about the whole thing. It's just luck and I have accepted my diagnosis of "unexplained infertility", I just need to live with it and focus on living a happy life, whatever is waiting for me in the future. I haven't given up the hopes that I will have a baby one day.

Big hugs to everyone xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi betelgeuse - good luck with your frozen. What you wrote resonates. I think now after 6 attempts and trying different recipes with the same result I have resigned also to the fact that we have to leave it to luck. All the searching, new recipes and changing FS has not helped us. Good luck with blood test this Friday.

I also read this post from time to time as I recognise a lot of names and it's so wonderful to see some of you get our precious pregnancies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-03-2013)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

Hi Betel,

It's good to hear from you again. I was where you were at our 7th cycle and had all but given up hope. After that BFN I called my DH and said I had had enough and I was done.

He called Wazza and he confirmed that my eggs were the problem so we switched that ingredient. I just had to keep telling myself that my BFP was one more cycle away, I think that is the only way to keep going. Luckily for us this time I was right. It was lucky # 8 and donor eggs from my sister that finally got us over the finish line plus to make it all a bit better we have our first ever frosty to try again after Bub is born.

I guess my point is, giving up is not as easy as I thought it would be. I am just glad my DH was stronger than me that day because I wouldn't be here now.

Good luck with your upcoming BT. I will have everything crossed for you. Xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel, I still log in here from time to time to keep track of all the wonderful women who supported me on my journey. I'm so glad to hear you are well. I wanted you to know that I'll be sending sticky, healthy, implanting vibes to that embryo, and hoping like crazy that this is the golden egg you've been waiting for - and which you so very much deserve.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

I have been in and out of this thread for few years (unfortunately a bit too long than I would have liked to be here!) and I am also a lurker! I have seen some bfps and newborns on this thread - which is a big encouragement for us ladies here. I just wanted to drop in to say congrats to all the BFPers!

Betelguese - i was hoping to not see you here (in a good way love), however, its good to see you back in such a positive manner_ I have cycled with you in the past and i know how badly you have felt. But you are strong, positive and have come back with a new approach and embracing life.

Laned you have gone through hell and back as well, i have cycled with you too. And now you have your strong springbok!!

Nicole, I was so happy when I saw your BFP! and I know you had your recent scare but its good to hear that your baby has a strong heartbeat to your relief. If bed rest is what the Dr prescribes then bed rest it is! Small price to pay for a beautiful little bundle you will be holding at the end of it all. I have noticed on different threads too when theres bleeding involved theres bed rest involved! So put your feet up! If you dont mind me asking can I ask what was the reason you opted for a 3dt (since you had 7 embies) - although of course common sense tells me you were perhaps worried about its quality? I have had 2 x 8 cells both grade 4s put in on monday and chose to freeze 1 8 cell grade 3 on that day - my first ever freeze after 4 fresh stim cycles (all the other 3 cycles BFN). There are times i do lose hope as they are 3dt tx but you give me some hope!! When did you start feeling ánything' and did you sneak in any hpts in tww, what were your signs? Sorry to ask but as i said you give me hope!! Its just that my last 3rd cycle I had similar good embie quality's at day 3 but had 1 blastie by day 5 - 4bb while the others that were good even on day 4 gave up by day 5! So I keep thinking if a good blastie didnt stick what hope do I have for a 3dt 8 cell!

A big hello to all the other ladies that I have missed!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-03-2013),laned  (28-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Betel - welcome back. I wondered what was happening with you. Glad you have such a positive attitude. I know you said you have come to terms with all the "recipes" but have you tried melatonin? We trialled melatonin back in September last year for myself and dh. I have read studies that it can help protect sperm DNA damage, so wazza was willing to give it a go. I fell pg naturally in oct but m/c. But we continued the melatonin ready to cycle in jan and dh has 15 million count with 76% motility. Best results ever for us.

Ann - thank you for your kind words. Yes we did get a good number of embryos on day 1 but then by 2 the gradings weren't great. All had some degree of fragmentation. By day 3 we had 2 that improved over night so I begged for a transfer that day. We always planned to transfer 2 so for us it was a no brainer. I'm glad I went with my instinct because I am pregnant with 1 of them. And as suspected the rest slowed down or continued to fragment so none made it to day 5. I know the clinics say day 5 is better and if you had 7 of all high quality I would agree too. But not for us. I have never had an embryo make it to day 5 in the lab. Yet they make it to day 5 and beyond inside of me. My dd was a day 3 transfer in 2010 when wazza believed they are best put back ASAP. The thing is, as much as the labs try to replicate the uterus environment, their embryo solutions will ever be as good as the mothers uterus.

Afm - well things aren't great. Ive had a few instances of bleeding lately (i dont think i updated this thread, just my tcc diary). But anyway, Woke up to more bleeding this morning. Not heaps but enough to concern me and it was red I was admitted to hospital (prob just a few days) and will be on bed rest for 2 weeks. I am on a few extra meds same as what all our other bleeding girls have been on. Hoping they help stop the bleeding.

Scan yesterday showed baby was fine so crossing everything he/she is still ok today.