Closed Thread
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Bethy, it is quite a long list be warned! So he is on Wazza's basic list of male supps:

- Aloe Vera Juice (20ml)
    - Small handfull of pumpkin seeds
    - A few goji berries
    - Berocca with a teaspoon of L-carnitine at night
    -
    Vitamin C
    - folate
    - fish oil
    - Menevit (Wazza just says plain Zinc, but we've opted for Menevit)
    - COQ10
    - A teaspoon of maca powder in a smoothie each morning
    - 3mg Melatonin*
    - 1 general multivitamin

So the ones in purple as ones that I have added upon doing my own research and L-Carnitine and Maca recommended from another hubber. Probably the most controversial one is the melatonin which has only had a few studies on it. The research shows that melatonin can help improve sperm as it is a high strength antioxidant. It follows the same theories as to why Wazza recommends Gojis and Aloe Juice = antioxidant. I am a strong believer in the antioxidant therapy with MFI. See, the antioxidants help reduce DNA damage to the sperm. This was explained to me simply if you imagine a step-ladder and the middle rungs are broken. The ladder looks generally ok but once the middle rungs are broken it really doesn't work properly. Which is why we see eggs get fertilized but then don't grow properly (assuming the egg is perfect).

Wazza was happy to us to trial my DH on the melatonin even though he has never used it for males before. It is expensive, $100 for 100 tabs which has to be made up from a compounding pharmacist. Alternatively, I purchased mine from an American Vitamin Store for around $6.00 + postage for 200 tablets. Yes, much much cheaper as they are legally allowed to sell it in the states over the counter. I also purchased my micronised DHEA from USA. Again, similar prices. I figure if I run into any trouble with customs I have a script anyway.

Honestly, the verdict isn't out on the melatonin and every day I pray that we are not doing more harm by putting him on it. He took his first tablet in June and I fell pregnant naturally in late September. We did go on to miscarry that baby BUT we have NEVER fallen pregnant naturally in the 4 years since trying. So I really wonder if the melatonin gave all his swimmers better motility but unfortunately a dodgy one (DNA damage) got through. I really don't know, but we are sticking with the melatonin + all the new stuff and going to cycle again next year.

Good luck!

Last edited by nicole83; 15-11-2012 at 11:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

bethy  (15-11-2012)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

It was so hard to keep my DH on Wazza's supplements. He has never had to have medication in his life so he kept forgetting to take them. He did LOVE the Goji Berries but couldn't stomach the pumpkin seeds so Kate told him to drink Green Tea which he fell in love with and still drinks now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH was on the same supps as the ones wazza provided - we included CoQ10, and i was on melatonin.

I just wanted to send love to anyone that needs it, and i'm hoping that my fellow pregnant Brisbane ladies are feeling ok.

I had my first OB appt today and everything is looking great! Bub is measuring 8+4 (i'm 8+6 today), hb was between 160 & 170 bpm, and most importantly the clot has halved in size! It's only 1 x 2 cm now... Jaime is happy for me to be on modified bedrest now, but i'm still going to take it really easy - it just means that my DH can go to work in the office more, which will be great for him. He'll still not travel for more than a day until the end of the first trimester, though, as if something does happen, he wants to be close. My next appt is at 14 weeks, 2 weeks after the NT bloods and scan, then he wants to see me fortnightly until 20 weeks - this is due to the fact that i had a cone biopsy when i was 21, and in some cases it can compromise the strength of the cervix and they need to ensure that the cervix isn't shortening or opening.

I also asked him why i'm not feeling much MS (only mild nausea in the afternoon/evening but i can still eat well) and he immediately put it down to the prednisone i'm on... i'll stop that at 12 weeks, but it means that i'm able to eat ok now, which is good. I've not lost any weight but am not gaining (watching what i eat due to being so sedentary at the moment).

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP - I am thrilled to read that everything is going ok with your baby. I feel happy that one of us (so far, and touch wood) has dodged the miscarriage bullet when we were both so very close to going down the same road. Sounds like your little one is a fighter. Good to hear the blood is getting smaller and smaller as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    some of you might remember me from two months before. and i have been just watching the thread and saw many BFP s since then. very positive! and at the same time i really had good wishes from many of you during my ivf journey so far.
    so,... after a wait of 36 days, i ovulated last sunday... and today here we are me and dh watching tv after my transfer of two beautiful embies in the morning.... hmmmmm .... along journey to reach here and now the 2ww...

i will be around from now on.. to go through the wait.. anyone who share 2ww with me?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meenu View Post
    Hi all,
    some of you might remember me from two months before. and i have been just watching the thread and saw many BFP s since then. very positive! and at the same time i really had good wishes from many of you during my ivf journey so far.
    so,... after a wait of 36 days, i ovulated last sunday... and today here we are me and dh watching tv after my transfer of two beautiful embies in the morning.... hmmmmm .... along journey to reach here and now the 2ww...

i will be around from now on.. to go through the wait.. anyone who share 2ww with me?
    Congratulations on getting two blastocysts to transfer. All the best for the tww!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Meenu  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I'm out again ladies. Have started to spot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug, hoping like crazy that you are 'not out', when is your BT?

Nicole - you have been in my thoughts. I hope you are travelling the best you can. X

Meenu - hoping all is going well with the dreaded 2WW.

KandP - great news for you and the backhoe. Hope the rest is event free and healthy.

Bron - thinking of you. Hopefully your best rest is finally coming to an end and all is well.

AFM - I have my appointment with the haematologist this Wed just to ensure all ok with clotting factors. I am still too scared to change my signature an will hopefully get the courage to do so within a few weeks. Started baby aqua aerobics last week and start baby yoga this week so all happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Laned, I am so happy for you.. and wish you all the luck to hold a healthy little one at the end of the journey.

With my 2ww I am not very hopeful, since all of my embies so far have not reached the blasto state. The ones that were transferred were at Morula state and the scientist said they looked good for that time. so who knows whether the ones that I am on now will make it..

Nicole, thankyou for your wishes and I hope our chances are in the near future.

to all on the journey to mama!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok I am definitely out AF has fully arrived. I'm totally devastated. FS thinks I may have had an implant which kick started the OHSS but it wasn't strong enough to stick around so I can squeeze in 1 FET before QFG close or wait till Feb for them to reopen. I am aiming to do 1 more just got to work out driving the distance with DD with out DH. So Brisbane here I come again