Closed Thread
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

Had scan today I measure 6 weeks 2 days. But no heartbeat. Ob wasn't sure if the flicker we saw at 5 weeks was a blood vessel now, said to come back in a week and re-scan. When straight to wazza for a scan and he believes the baby has died. My heart is breaking. I'm losing another one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nicole no. i'm sitting here in tears for you, i wish I could give you a real hug right now honey. Did Wazza say to come back for another scan? What did he say to do now?

My heart is aching for you lovely. I was hoping to come back to some good news from you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks kandp. Wazza said to come back for a scan next week. It's so confusing because he said there was no blood in the baby but then Kate said not to expect a heart beat until at least 6+4. So I am not sure if the baby usually has blood inside it before the heart starts beating and should have been at least visual. It doesn't make a lot of sense right now and was obviously upset so a bit of a blur. If I don't miscarry naturally I will have to have a curette

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nicole I'm so sorry sweety I wish I could say more but I know there is nothing that will help just know I'm am thinking of you and sending hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Nicole-...I don't no what to say...a week is a long time to wait with such a cloud hanging over you......
    just thinking - I'm having my scan at the foetal medicine unit with Dr Frank Carmody- He only does scans and he has the most sensitive equipment- would it be worth a second opinion sooner?

Bethy - I transfered two blasts - the embryologist said they were good. However the best blast was the fresh one I transfered last cycle (A grade 5 day) and it didn't take. The frozen blasts were more slow growing (6 day) and it was touch and go for a bit whether they would be able to freeze them. So what I would say is an average blast has as good a chance as any!!
    Also... My lining wasn't brilliant and I would read about other women having 12mm or 9mm and think - how much less my lining was (at day 11 it was just over 6mm) therefore how doomed this cycle might be. The thing is you just dont know- there are so many variables. Congratulations you are PUPO and you are allowed to feel a little bit hopeful!

Kand P - I'm 5 weeks 4 days..I don't know what the spotting/ light bleeding was from - it was a nasty red colour but only what I wiped- I took it easy Sunday and it hasn't come back ("Phew!") Great news about the heartbeat-I'm hopeful your pregnancy will stay on track!

Lovebug- EPU monday eh! exciting stuff
    Last edited by Calita; 31-10-2012 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls sorry I have been MIA, had terrible news re the health of my 22 month old fur baby (my Avatar) has been diagnosed with liver failure and our old boy of 19 yrs has been recommended to be put down so sorry for not being here for support of late.

Nicole - I am so terribly sorry to read you heartbreaking news and completely get the confusion and uncertainty you are feeling right now. This happened to me with both my M/Cs where I had to go back week after week. I agree the best way albeit with us was not conclusive with our last is to get a proper nuclear foetal medical scan by the big guns. The scanners are much more accurate. Much love to you at this very difficult time. Xxx

KandP - oh Hun, when is this fear going to let up for you. You are having an awful time of it. I know it will drive you bonkers, but you really have to rest up now. I really feel for you and hope and pray that your little one will stop giving its mamma such a hard time soon. Xxx

calita - hope all is settled for you too.

Betha - welcome, hope your stay is short and sweet.

And last but not least...

KT- that is such wonderful news. I am over the moon for you. Your sister is an angel. Other than a card and small gift, I was never able to meet my donor to express my gratitude and tell her what a remarkable difference she will make to our lives. Without these beautiful women's generosity we would not have had the opportunity to experience the joy of parenthood. All the very best. Tell your sister I think she is a beautiful soul.

Sorry to anyone els missed. Xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KtKing  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you for everyone's support. How long does it take to get into the bigger ultrasound places? Would I be able to get in today? And are you suggested those specialized ones at the Wesley or qld X-ray for women or just one of the smaller ones down the road? Like exact radiology? I am so confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish i had some good news to come here with. My bleeding got a lot worse over the last 2 days, and culminated yesterday in me passing a few large clots and soaking a couple of pads. Cut to last night when DH took me to RBWH (Brisbane) where they performed a sonogram and bloods. I'm almost 7 weeks (tomorrow) and bub measured 6+1 and the heartbeat dropped from 110 2 days earlier to 74. My beta on the Friday last week was 19784 and last night was only 30000. The prognosis - inevitable miscarriage.

I called Warren at 6.30 this morning and he said that while it doesn't look good, to stick with the bed rest today and the meds, and to see him tomorrow to work out whether or not to pull the plug.

I'm really just numb right now... but moreso, i want to know what happens from here. If this pregnancy isn't viable:

* How long will it take to resolve?
    * Is there anything I can do to resolve it quicker without surgical intervention? (I have asherman's syndrome and warren isn't keen on another D&C)
    * When can we start trying again?
    * Was the miscarriage caused by the SCH or something else? Was it too much for the embryo?
    * Will this happen every time i conceive (if i do again)?

These are my burning questions. I also have a really stupid small part of me that is hoping to suddenly see a healthy heartbeat tomorrow at the scan *sigh*

I'm sorry girls, no personals today, except to say that i'm SO sorry you're also going through this, Nicole, and to Laned and Bala - i'm so thankful for both of you - and I really am so so happy that things worked out for both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP, I am so, so sorry you are going through this . I also had Ashermans and am not sure if you are a member of the International Ashermans Association support group (it is a not-for-profit organisation of experts and Ashermans sufferers so I'm not advertising anything). Anyway here is a link, which is also on the Ashermans sticky set up by Starfish: http://www.ashermans.org - there is a lot of information there about medical treatment of miscarriage using misoprostal. I will continue to hope and pray that you won't need this information, that everything will turn out okay, but if it doesn't then I think the Ashermans website is the best source of information. Hang in there, there are many people thinking of you today and hoping things turn out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole, I can't recommend Dr Frank Carmody at the Wesley Foetal Medicine Unit highly enough. They seem to have places in the schedule for emergencies/urgencies so if you call and explain the situation they will hopefully be able to fit you in quickly. They were there for me for all my pregnancies including all my miscarriages and always treated me with great care and compassion. He also has rooms at Sunnybank if that is more convenient for you. I was told he had the most sensitive machines in Brisbane so best to use if you have a situation of doubt or concern