Closed Thread
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    K&P - I was very excited to read your news. I know you would still be worried due to the presence of the clot - but to hear the little heartbeat - what a positive :-) fingers crossed for you and ur bubba.

Bethy - welcome! This is a great thread to come too - lots of positivity but also great support which is always needed for us ladies. Best of luck for ur little frosties.

AFM - I'm now 10 weeks and now pulling hairs over whether to go for a NT scan? I kind of feel like it could become very stressful and id rather not know - but then knowing could be a good thing. Ahhhhh - any thoughts on this one? I know really it is probably a very personal decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

mimi...it is a personal choice but letting you know that i never had the nt scan with my twins. i chose not to have it for a few reasons and the main one was i would not have had an amino in any case scenario and even wazza said if that was the case then not to worry about nt. also after our struggles to get pregnant i would not terminate..i was prepared to accept what came our way . also i question the accuracy of them and have heard of instances where they have been diagnosed incorrectly. and yes i believe that it can cause undue stress.
    but as i said it is a personal choice but if you don't want it then you don't have to.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling BRISBANE ladies OI, IUI, IVF & FET ~ #9

K&P that is fantastic news. I have been thinking of you. DH and I were so excited to read that you have a seen the HB. I am sitting on the train with a huge smile on my face and water eyes behind the glasses

KT what an amazing gorgeous sister you have bought tears to my eyes reading your post

Mimi the NT scan is definitely a personal choice the only advice I would give is go to a highly recommended place don't just go anywhere
    Last edited by Loveabug; 30-10-2012 at 09:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks liney and loveabug.

Liney - I too know that I would never terminate this pregnancy or go through with an amnio and my FS (who happens to practice next door to yours) gave the exact same advice to me. But then my GP said well wouldn't you like to feel better prepared based on what u find out from the NT. But as u mentioned I have heard some absolute horror stories about the inaccuracy of the NT scan. Guess I'll just think it through over the next week.

Thanks again for your thoughts ladies :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone- hope all is going well

Bethy -Welcome to the thread and good luck with your FET. I was lucky enough to have a BFP last week from my FET last week so I hope yours is just as lucky

Good luck Nicole with you scan tomorrow

K and P - good news- Healing vibes

Mimi- I can imagine feeling as torn as you about the NT scan when I get to that stage.

AFM- I had another episode of light bleeding/ spotting which subsided quickly but now I'm scared to "look down".

Today I've felt queasy...so could this is morning sickness? Its a little earlier than I expected. I'm telling myself its a good sign. Tomorrow is my follow up HCG so hoping that comes back healthy

Thanks
    Reviews

So back in the big smoke spent the day at indro yesterday total exhausted and since our car was in for a service we had to catch the train which always has enough entertainment to last until next visit which hopefully won't be for awhile. Had BT this morning lining is looking great and plenty of eggs so another BT Friday then EPU Monday and FET next week.
    FS is happy with everything told me I'm still a spring chicken. I told him I feel old and am over it all. I actually feel like an old duck lol

How is everyone else travelling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Calita - I'm still not totally caught up with all the ladies in the thread - how far along are you? Is the bleeding just light spotting? Have you spoken to your FS about it? If you're on progesterone pessary support i know that it can cause irritation of the cervix which can cause spotting.

Loveabug - we were so happy to reach the heartbeat milestone - i was terrified that due to this bleed we'd have a blighted ovum. Bub just needs to hold on now. i'm so glad that you have a solid plan and that things are looking good for you

Nicole - i'm sure bubby will be growing beautifully- let us know how it goes

AFM: I had another red bleed yesterday - scary, but not as terrifying as they have been in the past i guess. It's just disheartening. We have another scan on Monday to see how everything is going - the clot is around 3 x 5cm. Here is the scan we received from Warren on Monday -

31dpo Scan (markup).jpg

The baby is at 11 o'clock in my uterus and the clot is at 12 o'clock (my cervix is at 6 o'clock hehe). I've been given 4 more weeks bedrest; Warren thinks that this will take at least 4 weeks to resolve one way or another. We are definitely not out of the woods yet; our main priority is to ensure that my cervix stays as calm as possible - if it becomes too irritated, it will just expel everything I'm still scared sh8tless, but am really trying to be positive.

Laned & Bala - I hope you're both doing well You have both been such a great source of comfort for me when i first came back in, I was so scared and seeing that you'd been through the same thing gave me a great sense of comfort. Thank you xoxo
    Last edited by KandP; 31-10-2012 at 09:28.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi calita. Just had my transfer. Had 1 embryo transferred that was at blastocyst stage. It got to the right stage but it looks average. So it wasn't great but wast crap and the other one we had didn't develop anymore. I'm really upset but at least 1 was transferred and althought it was average it may work. What did your embryo look like that you had transferred?

Thanks
    Reviews

K&P well lots of bed rest for you. Thanks for the scan pic so the beautiful baby is in the blue? How does warren feel about the the position of the clot?

Bethy congratulations PUPO! It only takes one I know how disappointing it is not to have the extras but you have one onboard that's excellent. Average quality is still good I'm pretty sure my DD was only average at 3day transfer and I have put back a lot of awesome looking embies so average is awesome! Good work
    Last edited by Loveabug; 31-10-2012 at 10:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug - he's not jumping for joy at the position, but when i said to him that 'at least the clot is not on top of the embryo' he definitely agreed.

I've had another red bleed today, not as much as yesterday but its still disheartening. I just wish it was a case of the clot emptying and not fresh blood. I had some old blood earlier and thought 'woohoo', it's finally starting to resolve, but warren did say that it would more than likely take a month and we're at 10 days so far.