Closed Thread
Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Buffy - congrats on making 6 weeks. Half way there the 12 week wait it worse than the two week wait!

10 weeks today for me! So excited to get another through another week and all seems well. This game really is a week by week thing. I am so happy to progress that little bit further. I get scanned on Thursday also. But it is my first appointment with my obstetrician, so I think it is only a Doppler scan and not a full scan where you get to see the little one. Hearing the heartbeat will be music to my ears. I have the 'big' scan NT when I am half way through week 13. So I must wait until then until I see my precious one. Oh it seems so long away. I am such an impatient person. I need to learn the art of patience. You would think Valium would help there

I am laying here in bed today enjoying the rain. i am also listening to my husband and my two year old chasing each other around the house. they are both laughing hysterically. When I hear that and see the love between them I know all these sacrifices we put ourselves through is worth it.

Happy gloomy Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buffy - likewise congrats on 6w. This scan I am sure will be more reassuring for you, but as am I you probably can't wait for it to come but are also $hit scared at the same time. Thank you for your well wishes.

Bala - that's a wonderful milestone 10w and not long to go now til obs. How beautiful re your son and DH. I hope one day our house may be filled with the same sounds. My husband already has fun singing and dancing with our fur babies, one can only imagine how much fun he would have with his own little person.

No rain here, although overcast. Spoke to my friend today re her party last night and it sounded like a blast. Can't wait to see the photos.

AFM - again the anxiety of what tomorrow may bring is starting to creep in. Due to our history, scans are very trying experience for DH and I. That said, it is one thing I am going to have to get over, as on the flip side I am wanting to have them for reassurance, just wanting the cake and the opportunity to eat it too. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - you deserve so many cakes! And I have A good feeling you are going to get one soon. I really can't appreciate fully how you must feel about tomorrow. I have been praying to anyone who will listen to bless this little springbok miricle baby and tonight I will pray some more. You are in the best hands with warren. I am pretty confident for you. I am worried for you returning to work actually! I take my hat off to you. I have become so docile from the Valium. Please take care of yourself. Enjoy the photos of the party. Vicariously living through others is better than nothing I guess.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bala - yay for 10 weeks today! So is that 2 - 3 more weeks bedrest? Were u originally working before the bedrest or were u too busy being a mumma?

Laned - can't wait to hear about ur scan tomorrow and hope u ease back into work ok. How do you think u will go returning?

Buffy - best of luck Thursday! Its so nerve wracking all this damn waiting so thinking of ya :-)

So, I've got a scan next wednesday the 10th and actually have not spoken to my FS about what happens next as only spoken to him briefly confirming pregnancy. I'm to remain on the meds for first trimester so assume we are generally under the care of our FS for first trimester - is that right? Do they usually write a referral to an obstetrician?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mimi77 For This Useful Post:

Bala2  (02-10-2012),laned  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi77 View Post
    Bala - yay for 10 weeks today! So is that 2 - 3 more weeks bedrest? Were u originally working before the bedrest or were u too busy being a mumma?

Laned - can't wait to hear about ur scan tomorrow and hope u ease back into work ok. How do you think u will go returning?

Buffy - best of luck Thursday! Its so nerve wracking all this damn waiting so thinking of ya :-)

So, I've got a scan next wednesday the 10th and actually have not spoken to my FS about what happens next as only spoken to him briefly confirming pregnancy. I'm to remain on the meds for first trimester so assume we are generally under the care of our FS for first trimester - is that right? Do they usually write a referral to an obstetrician?
    Mimi - 3 more weeks of bed rest for me. I have to stay like this until the end of week 12. Roll on week 13
    i was working up to one week prior to delivery of my first baby which is nearly 2 years ago now. I am due back from maternity leave on 28 October, we get 2 years maternity leave. very lucky. However with all that is going on I don't think it will be possible to return to work. I work as a nurse in a cardiac cath lab with X-rays etc so not really the best place to be with an unstable pregnancy. I am hoping my boss will be sympathetic and understand and allow me to start my maternity leave early. Doctor has recommended this anyway so I guess I won't go back to work til after bub 2 is a little older. Because I am at home in charge of my 2'year old I have had to get a cleaner in twice a week and get my mother to come up and mind my son each day from 6 am-5pm whilst my husband works. It is really taking its toll on the whole family. My mum is tired and so is my husband. The little mircicle at the end will be worth it though.

As far as going from FS to obstetrician, I got a referral from my FS and I see my obstetrician this week which will make me 10.5 weeks. My FS asked me to stay on all meds until end of week 12 even if obstetrician says to come off them! I think they know each other fairly well. I know my obstetrician from my first baby and he takes a very minimal approach, totally opposite to FS.

You must be hanging out for your first scan. It is so nerve racking. We were excited and scared all At once. We Had two transferd and didn't know if we were having twins or not. My other concern was that the baby was not ectopic like my last pregnancy. This whole process is one hoop to jump after another. You clear one and feel relieved and then there is a row of other hoops to jump. It is relentless. I feel because doing IVF you invest so much time, emotion and money it makes is all the more stressfull. Our first was conceived naturally - our miricle baby - and I think in many ways I was calmer and less concerned about the various milestones as the road to achieve the pregnancy was not filled with so much emotional stress and monetary stress. There was one tablet a day not 48! There were no injections, no bed rest. It was a breeze Apart from morning sickness. The investment in each pregnancy has defiantlely made them so different. I think I took my first pregnancy for granted as I was so naive in the struggle that others face to get there. So you are very warranted in feeling anxious and excited about next week. 7 more sleeps and you get to meet your little bean. So happy for you Mimi. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your girls are just awesome and to those who sent me private messages today I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Bala - your post made me tear up, thank you for your beautiful words.

I am so lucky iWork with an absolutely awesome group of people, who were very protective of me today. That said I am knackered and ready to snooze.

The scan was a great relief, the little Springbok is booming, growth was amazing and FHR of 140-150. Still collection of blood visible, but Wazza says should dissipate over time. That said, still wary of my curse I am going to get another scan next week more for my mental health more than anything else.

Much love to all for your thoughts, prayers and wishes, they are certainly helping our little Springbok. Xxx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (02-10-2012),Frostysmum  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, have been stalking .. and hoping ... and am absolutely THRILLED to hear the Springbok is doing so great! Hope you sleep well tonight Mummy after hearing that wonderful heartbeat and seeing all that astounding growth - just a foretaste of all the amazing growth that is to come for your beautiful bub (and for your tummy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to see that all of you and the little ones are keeping well!! I am going in for my transfer next tuesday.. had the scan yesterday which showed a perfect lining!!.. ahh.. the 2ww is 1w away...

buffysatine is offline Don't give up here, dont you quit, the moment is now this is it...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding yesterday and saw fs first thing this morning, Ive had a miscarriage and am booked in for d & c tomorrow.

We are totally devestated, dh and I have spent most of today crying.

I may not be on for a little while as am so shattered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buffy - I'm really saddened to read your news. I hope you and DH can find some comfort in each other. There is not much I can say except I feel for you and am thinking of you :-(