Closed Thread
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Betel - I am so sorry lovely.

Thanks guys, everything went okay and I'm not really experiencing much pain yet, but I do have some panadeine forte just in case. My Lap stitches seem to be bleeding a bit under the dressings but the nurse said it was normal when I was discharged. And as for what I know from my procedures so far, my FS called DH after the surgery to let him know that everything looked good and healthy, except I had a bit of endo which he has obviously now removed. I was actually quite surprised and a bit disappointed to find out I had some endo; I've never had any symptoms and was rather arrogantly convinced that all my bits would be picture perfect, lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele so glad all went well with your lap op. it's funny how we would imagine what our bits would be like especially if you haven't had any endo symptoms. Good luck with your next steps of the journey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - pleased to hear you are recovering from the lap. Also good that you have had the endo removed. Here's hoping it has the manic touch.

Betel - you are still in my thoughts Hun. X

buffy - as per Bala the Valium is a muscle relaxant, prevents uterine contractions and also relaxes me, albeit I have felt like a real stoner. I reduced my evening dose last night in prep of returning to work. Research has further suggested that the cyclokapron can assist in prolonging pregnancies with threatened miscarriage and also appears to have some haemostatic properties. Hope all is settling for you.

AFM - as per Bala, I am just hanging out for my 8w scan, as per my signature weeks 8 and 9 have been somewhat a bit of a nightmare for me in the past, so hoping my little Springbok changes the tide.

To everyone else hope you are taking care of yourselves.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele- glad all went well, apart from the finding the endo. In medicine, if you go hunting sure as eggs you will find something. Don't let it bother you. At least doctor cleared it and now know your 'devil' so to speak. Better to know than not. Now you have a clear start, and ready to charge - you must be so excited.

I am much the same. Laying around drugged up on Valium. It must accumulate as I seem to be getting more and more lazy as the days progress. I wake up each day though, no bleed to which is a major relief, and think I am one day closer to lucky number week 13 when I can relax somewhat. I can come of all these drugs and be me again. I can leave cyber land and go out in the real world. I can see friends and take my darling 2 year old to the beach and park. I can be the wife my husband once knew and not this drugged up incubating machine. Needless to say I am counting down big time. 3 weeks down and 3 to go.

I am upset that during this,drugged incubating time I have missed out on our wedding Anniversery dinner, my sons god parents visit (they live 10 hrs away), a dear friends 40th birthday tomorrow, it is my birthday next week and my sons the week after and I can't celebrate these events in a way I would like to. I am just having a little pitty party for myself tonight. Sorry to dump. I normally can see the bright side. I just don't like to miss out on things. In saying all this - I wouldn't compromise this precious child's life, and I suppose I am really a happy drugged up incubating machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Sariele - pleased to hear you are recovering from the lap. Also good that you have had the endo removed. Here's hoping it has the manic touch.

Betel - you are still in my thoughts Hun. X

buffy - as per Bala the Valium is a muscle relaxant, prevents uterine contractions and also relaxes me, albeit I have felt like a real stoner. I reduced my evening dose last night in prep of returning to work. Research has further suggested that the cyclokapron can assist in prolonging pregnancies with threatened miscarriage and also appears to have some haemostatic properties. Hope all is settling for you.

AFM - as per Bala, I am just hanging out for my 8w scan, as per my signature weeks 8 and 9 have been somewhat a bit of a nightmare for me in the past, so hoping my little Springbok changes the tide.

To everyone else hope you are taking care of yourselves.
    I too am a stoner, your are not alone. I couldn't count the other evening. We had dinner guests. dH did everything. However I wanted to check he set the right amount of table settings. There were seven guests and I honestly couldn't figure that out, I couldn't count past three without getting confused!!
    When is your scan - Monday? I am praying hard for your little one. I can understand your trepidation at the moment. I have a feeling things will be different for you this time. All the best for scan day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betel- I'm really sorry to read of your news. I hope u r coping ok and my thoughts are with you.

Sariele - how did the donor counseling session go? And where to next?

Buffy and Bala - I totally get what u r saying about the ride from one test to the next - I have had 2 blood tests confirming pregnancy but am now just waiting in anticipation for my scan in 1.5 weeks. Apart from change in my boobs and being really tired I hardly feel very different so it's difficult to believe I'm pregnant.

Anyone else got rain tonight - I love it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimi77 For This Useful Post:

betelgeuse  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bala yes it is annoying missing out on things. It is one of my dear friends 40ths tonight and albeit there's an element of me that thinks 'oh I could go and be quiet', I would never forgive myself if something happened. So very disappointed that I can't go and will once again be at home. DH did say we could get a video, but not much compensation for a fun party. It was a fancy dress and we were going to go as Marg and Homer Simpson, so would have been a great craic.

My scan is on Tues, even though I am aware the our dear FS is working the morning of the public holiday. I didn't want to add to his list, so a very early appointment on my way to work.

Mimi - I am still having fluctuating symptoms at nearly 8w, sometime my boobs are sore other times they're not. I have been tired but that's just as easily contribute blue to the amounts of drugs and Valium. Pregnancy is a funny thing, I often wonder wether more symptoms would be more reassuring, and the waiting just sucks. Hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mimi - oh how we got the rain, how beautiful it was. My garden will be thankful as well. It has been so dry for so long, I think my plants rejoiced last night!
    The wait - it is a constant wait. Wait to see if we are pregnant, wait to see if the pregnancy is where it should be, wait to see if baby is growing, wait to hear the heartbeat, wait til 13 weeks and get out of danger zone, wait for NT scan, wait for 20 week scan, wait til 36 weeks when baby is technically full term, wait til baby is born. Wait and anticipation. And then when they are born I am sure we will worry about other things. It is nice that we love and cherish something so much really.

laned- that party sounds like it would have been fun. I think you made the right decision to stay put at home - so boring isn't it. I fully appreciate how you feel. I am getting a little crazy in the coconut! Cabin fever related and when I don't have cabin fever crazyness, I look like and act like I have been on a bender all weekend! My poor family. At least I only have 21 days left of this regime.

I totally forgot tomorrow is a public holiday. And beautiful Warren is working. That man is such a gorgeous soul. Well best of luck Tuesday with the scan and going back to work. I will be really interested in hearing how you go with that. Does your Valium get reduced when you return to work?

i hope everyone else is enjoying their long weekend. Happy SundaySunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buffy how are things going?

buffysatine is offline Don't give up here, dont you quit, the moment is now this is it...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - good luck with scan tomorrow & going back to work

bala2 - when's your next scan?

well I'm 6 weeks today! Just have to make it through next 6 weeks then I think I'll
    feel better. My scan is on Thursday to see the heartbeat and I'm just praying everything is ok.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to buffysatine For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-10-2012)