Closed Thread
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    buffy - how exciting!!! all fingers crossed for Friday

chances - sorry your cycle was cancelled, it's always disappointing even if you know it was the right thing . After 7 years TTC and 13 IVF cycles I have to say my relationship with DH had settled but it wasn't easy and we went through some rough patches. I remember once we had an argument the day before EPU (I think it was IVF cycle #2) and he refused to go to for his sperm donation!!! I had to blackmail him saying I was using sperm donor if he wouldn't go so he went!!! This journey would test anyone and it takes a lot of strength and patience to go through. I think the turning point for my DH was when I had a total breakown after cycle #9, I don't think he's never seen me like that (I usually always put up a brave face) and for the first time he maybe realised how hard all this is for me. Just hang in there xxx

Bala2 - I am also taking it easy this week, I am off until tomorrow and spent a lot of time in bed pampering myself. It didn't rain here but I still enjoy being in bed, it reminds me when I was a kid and was sick and my mum would prepare all this delicious food for me . Sounds like your bubba is settling in for the next 8 months .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey buffy just wanted to let you know with my pregnancy i had absolutely no symptoms either so my fingers are crossed for you..sounding promising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buffy, you know what they say - every pregnancy is different. Am sending more sticky vibes your way!

Betel, am hoping this time is your time, you deserve it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tantom - best of luck with your 2 embies - did ur FS advise to put 2 back or was it your choice?

Chances - sorry about your cycle being cancelled - it would be very disappointing. Are u experiencing any symptoms of OHSS? And I can totally relate to the relationship stress experienced with infertility - my husband and I even questioned whether we were meant to be together - thank god we have moved past that one now.

Buffy - best of luck - it's sounding very positive :-)

Betel - fingers crossed for you.

AFM - I'm 11 days past my 2 day transfer - not sure if I should test or wait? I'm kind of enjoying thinking that I might be pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned..are you having another scan today? if so Good luck and thinking of you and sending sticky vibes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi one and all. I hope everyone is doing fine in their various stages. It is an exciting week with so many possibilities. I am praying for loads of pregnancies to be announced.

Well, I saw the wonderful beautiful geniuses that is Dr DeAmbrosis yesterday for my scan. 8w2d. Baby is perfect with a heart rate of 140. I got to see the head and little limbs that had begun to form. So special. I can't begin to tell you my relief. Bleed is still noticeable on scan but very small and there has been no fresh blood for well over a week. Still on all the the many drugs, and the ckyklokapron to stop the bleed. My Valium has been greatly reduced to a half morning and night. At least now I will feel semi with it. I really have been in this weird haze on it. I can get out of the bed. No shopping trips though he said But at least I can leave the house and sit at the beach, or go out to lunch etc. I have to take it easy til end of 11 weeks. Still can't lift anything heavy, including my 2 year old son who is 13 kg. it is the greatest challenge, he wants me to pick him up and have cuddles. It is all such a small price to pay to keep this beautiful little life inside me, so I am elated to say the least. Another hurdle has been jumped over. I know we are not home and hosed and there are so many more hurdles to jump. Bring them on - this baby knows how to jump! Next scan in two weeks with my obstetatrition on my birthday. the best present i could ever ask for to see our little baby on my birthday.

Baby and I graduated yesterday, warren doesn't need to see us again. So sad in many ways - i love the man. So positive in every other way that he is confident baby is doing just fine. We are for now Wazza graduates!!!

Thinking of everyone today and tomorrow. It is a big couple of days for so many. My thoughts are with you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bala2 For This Useful Post:

laned  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bala2 - that is awesome news

Ok so I had my pregnyl injection Saturday b4 et and did a poas last night, and there was a very faint line. Do you think it would still be the pregnyl. I did my last shot last night so im not sure when I can test again.
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tantom For This Useful Post:

Bala2  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tantom View Post
    Bala2 - that is awesome news

Ok so I had my pregnyl injection Saturday b4 et and did a poas last night, and there was a very faint line. Do you think it would still be the pregnyl. I did my last shot last night so im not sure when I can test again.
    Thanks
    I am no expert at all in this. I made up my own experiment/theory. I tested every day. My thoughts are that if you test this morning or sometime today when bladder is full (3 hours since last wee) you should see a darker line than yesterday, as you did booster shot. Of course you will as it is the drug. Test each day and the line should remain dark for a few days as it is the drug. You then have these tests to compare as a baseline. If line fades and fades and fades most likely it is not a pregnancy. If the line starts to fade a little but line still there are picks up agAin and becomes darker it just may be your own hcg it is picking up on and you could be pregnant. Please know this is just what I did. There is no science backing this. It was just my way of passing the TWW. It is defiantly not recommended by the clinic or doctors. It is just what I did. I took photos of each test and wrote the date on them, so I could compare the line day to day. My husband did not prescribe to this little experiment of mine nor did a lot of other friends of mine who have done IVF. They all thought i was setting myself up for a fall and that the only definitive test is the blood test bhcg. In saying this if I did ivf again I would do home preg tests each day. It gave me hope and let me have some small amount of control to understand what my body was doing. That in mind if the test was negative I wouldn't beleive it til I had my bloods. And even though mine were testing positive I didn't let myself fully beleive I was pregnant until imhadmthe blood results. So I am not sure if I have really helped you here at all. The tww is a form of torture. Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.peeonastick.com/

Check out this site. There are loads of crazy women like me who are obssessed with home pregnancy testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Girls

Liney - bless you for your warm wishes.

Bala - that is absolutely wonderful news. Know exactly how you feel about Wazza we just love the man too. I gave him a hug this morning and I am certain DH wasn't far behind giving him a hug either. He is just a beautiful and generous spirit, who really just wants the very best for his patients.

AFM - scan was brought forward. No bleeding recognizable and we were able to view and hear a heart beat, albeit a tad slow at 115. That said, DH and I burst into tears. I still have to remain on the plethora of drugs and have decided to continue to rest until next week as per his original certificate. I can't believe how emotional I am I just can't stop crying. I was truly expecting the worst this morning all my previous scans for other pregnancies brought nothing but heartache. Yesterday afternoon DH came home to find me sitting on the side of the bedd howling like a baby, all I could tell him was that I thought I was never going to be a mum. I hope this little Sprinkbok let's me realize the dream of motherhood.

Much love to all of you who have been so kind to send me warm messages of support. It means a lot and to my beautiful friend who often frequents BH (you know who you are), thank you, I often think I couldn't have gone this far without your support. Xxx
    Last edited by laned; 20-09-2012 at 11:00.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Bala2  (20-09-2012),BronwynCJ  (21-09-2012),LillyPonds  (20-09-2012)