Closed Thread
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie - I forgot on our second cycle that we had to post the medicare paperwork to the head office instead of going to a branch and got the same response - "we don't process them here". Mind you medicare have been very quick to pay the rebate when we do post it in so can't complain really!

Fullofhope - Not sure if you know but QFG have set up a sister clinic at Springwood which is a low cost IVF clinic. The FS's from QFG rotate through so you don't have the same FS each visit, but it is a lot cheaper. Just throwing it out there in case you didn't know. I always like to have a Plan B, C and D... but that's just me :-)

AFM: Kate's bloods were all good yesterday so we are onto the FSH from this morning. Plus we start holidays from this afternoon. Its a good day!! Here we go....

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is very good to know! I'm really unsure about how "far" I'll want to try with trying to have a baby... I don't know if emotionally, financially I will continue if IUI doesnt work, but in saying that I would be utterly devastated if I were to give up also... I hadn't heard of the springwood centre so that is another option if I do decide to continue and if IUI is unsuccessful... So much to think about and research... I honestly take my hat off to all woman and partners going through fertility treatment... It already seems like an emotional and phsycially exhausting journey at times...

Enjoy the rest of your day TK! Glad things are going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh one other question, if donor sperm is needed is there usually a waiting period?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Fullofhope - regarding donor sperm. When we started we were able to buy sperm straight away. when they had no more ampules for our chosen donor we decided to wait for more of that donor to come in. Unfortunately that was also the time when regulations were changed and all donors ( including US donors) had to have met with an Australian accredited psychologist before more amps could be imported. We waited months for that to happen for our donor but as the months went by we realized we could be waiting and our donor may just never go back in for that extra interview. So we picked a new donor (one we ended up liking even more than the first) and bought the last ampules of that donor. Luckily he had his extra interview a few months ago and we have lots of ampoules of our donor available.

Sorry that was a long way to tell u that they usually have at least some donors for u to pick from but it's hard when u get really attached to one and have supply issues. The good thing is we have been able to use half an amp each IVF round. Had to use a full amp for IUI. Are u thinking u will need donor sperm?

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    [quote] Are u thinking u will need donor sperm?[quote]
    Yes, so it may add a little extra preparation time for my cycle but that's ok. It'll all be worth it . How are your holidays going?

Just 7 days until the first consultation, I've been keeping extremely busy and the days are flying by thankfully!!

Considering starting to take some fertility herbs also, has anyone teamed their iui/ivf with natural therapies? Do you feel they helped?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=fullofhope;6855053][quote] Are u thinking u will need donor sperm?
    Yes, so it may add a little extra preparation time for my cycle but that's ok. It'll all be worth it . How are your holidays going?

Just 7 days until the first consultation, I've been keeping extremely busy and the days are flying by thankfully!!

Considering starting to take some fertility herbs also, has anyone teamed their iui/ivf with natural therapies? Do you feel they helped?
    I did acupuncture I I do wonder if it helped as I know how lucky I am to get a positive in our first round so who knows, they do say it can increase your chances by 20-30% so that's a significant increase definitely worth doing, if I didn't and I got a negative I would have always wondered, what if??? I went to the bulk billing place at robina, they are actually really good, I went there cause its right by my work and I was always able to get in at short notice and on weekends, bonus that it doesn't cost a thing too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Somewhat rambling responses to recent posts (sorry!)

Free accupuncture is a huge bonus! (Had an appt at the Robina place once but cancelled it -- may have to rebook!)
    I'm going to a place in Burleigh but it costs me $65 a go. I'm also taking a Chinese Herb blend my accupunctuist suggested. He also suggested Maca and royal jelly.

Re: private health.... I'd want to hang on to it so you can have your baby in a private hospital! Just going by the friends I've visited, it seems much nicer than going public. And don't you have to pay a Medicare levy/ surcharge if you don't have private cover?

T&K, when do you get your transfer done? Thanks for all the advice about not over scheduling etc -- sounds like it was hard-won wisdom!

Goldie, I'm really happy for you and your positive -- it's inspiring!

I've had a fairly full on few weeks. Was booked in for a hysteroscopy last Friday which needed to be done around CD 21... I talk my Dr into performing a laparoscopy too 'just in case' I have endometriosis. Wonder if I've done the right thing -- extra $$$ and more invasive procedure. And then my period arrives *ten* days early last Monday (public holiday). So I spend the day crying about my stupid body letting me down again (because I figure this means it will all have to wait for another month, and what if that cycle is out too...)
    Call Dr on Tuesday, get told I need to have ops Thursday. This is bad because there's HEAPS of stuff happening at work Thursday and I'm out of sick leave...
    Anyway, so I have the op Thursday and they find "a lot" of endo. Dr tells me I need IVF soon. Went to a friend's baby shower yesterday and was *literally* surrounded by pregnant women and pictures of babies. Back to work today and feeling sore and tired (and needed to get a blood test at lunchtime which ended up being a double armer).
    And I haven't even really started IVF yet!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

TK Wishing  (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Betty - that is a big few weeks. Half the stress of this whole thing is juggling life and the appointments. But in the end you just have to put yourself and this process first. It sounds like u were right to push for the lap procedure. Funny how u just intuitively know what you need. What is next for you?

Fullofhope - our holidays are going great thank you. Have loved Melbourne. Heading home now then we head to Byron in a few days. We have done Accupuncture too. But thus round really committed to it and did it regularly. Our FS said he believes Accupuncture after embryo transfer helps so we will do that too. This round Kate also took CQ10 and Royal Jelly plus some Chinese herbs. We are throwing everything at this round.

If QFG have a donor available that you like you just pay over the phone and they bring it down to the gold coast the next day. So u may not have to wait another cycle. They have the profiles online and give you log in details.

Goldie - when is your scan? How are u going?

Nic - how u doing hon? What is your plan for next round? Do u have a follow up with dr ong?

AFM - we have egg pick up next Wednesday and all going well transfer the following Monday. The jabs are going fine except we got all messed up with day light savings in Melb that one say we fluid it am hour early. Whoops!!
    Have day 6 blood test tomorrow.

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Predictive text really stuffed that last sentence !! I meant one day we did the injections an hour early. Hope that doesn't stuff things up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my follow up BT tomorrow and if all still good scan will be next week. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing, of course I'm excited but I also feel like I want to do a home test everyday just to make sure I'm still pregnant, I wish the follow up tests were every couple days not a week apart just to put my mind at rest that my HCG are rising, I really don't like not being in control, but I've made it and it's tomorrow. I almost think this week as been a longer wait than the tww purely because there's absolutely nothing I can do, at least with the tww I had the option to do a home test if I wanted to. I'm such a control freak!