Closed Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You really only need it for ivf for hospital fees for the egg collection. Everything else is outpatient and health funds don't pay on outpatient procedures.
    Speaking of which, how did everyone go with claiming from Medicare? My DH went in to do the claim and they apparantely make such a fuss about it and it needed to be sent off etc.
    T&K-yes I did end up doing a home test and it was positive, so looking good so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Goldie, if that's the case I think I may cancel and hope all goes smoothly . Fingers crossed for you with the positive test!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie - YEAH!!! that is good news. Let us know how your blood results go today. I am always interested in the HCG and progesterone levels. You have had a dream run so far. Fingers crossed that continues :-)

Fullofhope - Goldie is right, Private Health only pays for the egg pick up operation but that is about $1,250 each time. We also get some money back for the progestone support (about $37 out of the $110 per box). Given we are on our third IVF cycle, our private health has been well worth it otherwise it would have cost us an extra $3,750. I think there is a 12 month waiting period for IVF if you rejoined so I just wonder if it would be worth hanging off until you see how your IUI's go before cancelling... Does your current cover include assisted reproduction services? I am hoping you don't need IVF and IUI works for you but I'd hate for you to have to wait 12 months if you do need IVF. Maybe have a chat with Dr Bopp next time you see him.

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloods are in....HCG 176. I'm still in shock! I still cannot believe this worked first time with my one little embryo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Goldie - our nurses say anything over 100 at this stage is good so that is great news. Sending you sticky sticky vibes for a happy growing embryo through your first trimester.

T&K xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TK Wishing View Post
    Congratulations Goldie - our nurses say anything over 100 at this stage is good so that is great news. Sending you sticky sticky vibes for a happy growing embryo through your first trimester.

T&K xxx
    Thank you, and Hope this is you guys's round too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK- unfortunately if I need ivf we won't be continuing due to the cost, despite having private health, so I've decided canceling will probably be the best option and save us money also .

Goldie- sending sticky vibes your way!!

I went to the naturopath today to see about supplements, fertility herbs, nutrition etc... Already becoming impatient for the first appointment and it's still 2 weeks away lol. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to begin fertility treatment after the initial consult? Like how long all the tests and other appointments take... I'm guessing I'll miss my ovulation time for October and potentially November?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope- after my first consult I just had to wait till my next period which was only like a week. My fs does his own scans and my clinic gets bloods back only within a few hours, so I literally started this process less than a month ago and I'm already pregnant, so if your ready, it doesn't take long at all, but I did a antagonist cycle so that was a quicker way too, otherwise I would have had to be on the pill for a month first too like a lot of people do, not sure about IUI though sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope - QFG is the same. It can all start pretty quickly after your first appointment, unless they need to do an operation to clear your tubes or to get rid of endo first. We also could start our IUI from the start of the next monthly cycle - Day 1 is the first day of bleeding. Kate took Clomid from day 3 I think (a tablet to assist mature egg production) and started to have daily blood tests from about day 7 or 8. The procedure is simple and quick. Hope that helps.

Nic - thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok. I know how hard it is to get through that second round and to not get the result you were hoping for. Hang in there lovely. If you need to talk or catch up let me know. I'll get Jen to give you my number.

AFM: Kate just had her blood test today to check we are good to start the FSH from tomorrow. This is getting to the exciting end of the process now :-)

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear, I'll have my fingers crossed for fast smooth sailing