Closed Thread
Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Angels4me - did you fill that form out that Monash gives you in your pack when you get pregnant that your supposed to complete after baby is born, if you know which one I mean. I think I've misplaced mine so wondering if its important and I should go back in there to get another one???

Thanks
    Reviews

Dr O is away from 8th feb to the 25th, and i definately wouldn't be comfortable with one of the other drs doing my epu, I remember my last epu I was so nervous and scared that I wouldn't get any eggs and the anaethesiologist was running late and came flying in at the last minute so everyone was buzzing around cause they were behind and there was so many people in the room and people asking me questions, dr o must have seen how scared I looked and he came over picked up my hand and held it talking to me until I went to sleep I will never forget the compassion he showed it was so sweet of him..I will just have to wait until he comes back..

Goldie- I didn't fill in that form, the clinic rang me a month or so after my son was born and asked me a few questions birth weight length what type of birth etc so I wouldn't worry about it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I guess it's another month you can breast feed then until he comes back.

It is very sweet how Dr O does the arm patting before EPU! I think I would be ok with one of his other Drs in theory, but concerned that they wouldn't be nearly as experienced as him (as dr o seems to work around the clock) and that they might not get as many eggs as a result.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks angels!

Thanks
    Reviews

Betty what time is your scan today?

Thanks
    Reviews

Angels4me - don't be too worried. I don't think an extra month or two will make a big difference. And what is more important is that you feel right about the process, including confident and comfortable with who is doing your egg pick up. I imagine it would have been harder and more stressful juggling breast feeding etc with a 4 month old than with a 6 or 7 month old. Sometimes things happen for a reason - maybe march was the right month for you for egg pick up no. 2.

TK

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls, I just had my scan. One baby is going strong, good size and heartbeat, but the other's heartbeat is slow and Dr O said that it might not continue. He said that it shouldn't affect the stronger one though. He also said that the slower guy was measuring okay too and that they had both grown since Saturday. Have just done some googling and it seems 50/50 when this happens to other people -- sometimes the slowy makes it and sometimes they don't.

Not sure what to feel at this point, weird combo of sad and excited!

Regardless, it is great to see a heartbeat -- never had that happen before -- and to know that at least one baby is looking good.

Thanks
    Reviews

We booked in for another scan with Dr Ong's colleague next week. Hopefully we'll get some more concrete info then.
    Last edited by BettyW; 06-02-2013 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Betty, I'm wishing for you to get good news next week. Hope you have a little fighter in there xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Betty that is wonderful that they have heart beats so early!! you are only 6+2 so hopefully the slower one picks up in the next few days. Just so you know we lost one of our embies at 5-6 weeks and it didn't impact our stronger one. Some more waiting for you!!! It doesn't end this waiting game does it. But so so happy you got to see hb's today. That's such a good sign.

TK