Closed Thread
Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my bubba is definitely saying Max Brenner cause their banana bread and chocolate is AMAzING!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Ha! Kate will be very happy to meet at Max brenner. Mmm. Great!! Sounds like it will be a really good catch up with lots of us coming :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi ladies, I've been following your posts and I see a few of you have spoken of dr O, I seriously love this guy!

He is so very understanding, has fantastic bed manner and really does care about you. As you know I'm pregnant with twins and had 3 cycles with him.

One thing I remember is him stroking my arm while the anesthetist was prepping me. Made me realise he really does care. Our last cycle he really went out of his way to help me as I'd moved 9 hours away.

Nothing short of amazing that guy!

Hope everyone enjoys coffee! Can't wait to move back in Feb/march!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    One thing I remember is him stroking my arm while the anesthetist was prepping me. Made me realise he really does care.
    Nothing short of amazing that guy!
    He did that for me too and I thought it was really sweet and supportive.

I can't make coffee next weekend -- will be in Noosa -- but would love to catch up with you girls at some point -- maybe in the new year?

I'm currently on the pill, going to go off it right before Xmas and start jabbing around Boxing Day. Dr O will be increasing my Crinone and giving me pregnyl after embryo transfer next time, which is what I thought he'd do (even though I get in trouble for 'dr googling' every time!)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Hope everyone is going well.

Betty sorry to hear about your BFN...IVF is such a bumpy journey. How did you go with Dr Ong Weds?

Kate sorry to hear your news too. Sounds like you have some great strategies in place to cope. Sending u hugs. Feburary try again?

TK such awsome news for you and Kate. I'd love to try and get to Robina and meet you girls again (we did meet at Jen's wedding I think) next weekend...see how I feel I have transfer on Saturday hopefully.

Tryingtobepositive...Tanika is my nurse at Monash. She is lovely. Would recommend having it in your mind to keep on top of your own cycle. Use your planning sheet...write your questions down and take with you. The nurses can forget to tell you little things...eg stop taking this medication when you start cycling or starting taking this one when you start...so don't feel worried about asking as many questions as you need to ensure everything is right. Did any of that make sense? lol Bit daunting the first cycle but it gets easier to get your head around what you are doing.

ErinJess pleased to hear all is well and nothing to worry about

Hope everyone else is well?

ASF I am on cycle 3. Another antaganist cycle. Dr Ong is tweaking it...hopefully it works. Bit scary this week my luteinising hormone was high on bt/scan day. Risk of cancelled cycle. So bt again Friday...still high...bt Sat...luckily it's calmed down and cycle going ahead. Egg pick is Monday....transfer next Saturday...Preg test 27th...

have a great week ladies.

Nic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GCNic For This Useful Post:

tryingtobepositive  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Coffee and Max Brenners sounds great this weekend but sadly I will be away. Would be lovely to meet you all as you have all been so helpful already and I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across such a great group Hopefully next year I will get to meet you all.

Nic - Thanks for the extra advice in regards to Monash. I will definitely make sure I take responsibility for my cycles as its totally in my nature anyway. I am some what of a control freak (or so my DH thinks) I prefer to think of myself as super organized and I hate taking anything unless I know what it is and what it does. So should not be a problem. Good luck today. I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you x

So my DH was back from the mines for 3 days over the weekend which has been great. We managed to get in to see Dr Ong at the last minute so they could discuss 5 day blastocysts. Dr Ong convinced DH easily that this was definitely the way to go which is great.

However Dr Ong has now suggested that we need PICSI and maybe even a testicular biopsy to retrieve the sperm. Apparently a biopsy causes less damage to the sperm and will be help with DHs high sperm antibodies and DNA fragmentation. So poor DH has yet another possible scrotum operation (he has already had a vasectomy and a reversal).

They are going to do a practice run in early January to see if PICSI will work and if it's a success then we can use PICSI first round in Jan if not DH will be in theater probably around the same time as me...... New form of couples therapy

Has anyone used PICSI with Dr Ong? The staff were unable to tell me on Friday how much the trial test would cost. They don't even have PICSI listed on the scheduled fees only ICSI.

Also a female Dr friend of mine was trying to tell me that the testicular biopsy's don't really hurt. Has anyone's partner had one? DH has the option of having gas (I think) or nothing. He would prefer to take nothing but just the thought of it to me seems painful.

Anyway that's my long update.

Hope your all doing well and that the growing bubs are staying sticky.

Good luck to those ladies hoping to cycle before Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hey trying,

We used picsi for our cycles. It costs around $900 in total. Worth it as they pick the best sperm by placing it in a medium that mimics the outer shell of the egg. So naturally the good ones swim towards it.

Dr ong will get you there. He's amazing!
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 10-12-2012 at 20:56.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

tryingtobepositive  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Nic - that would have been such a worry with your LH spiking last week. How did egg pick up go today? Thinking of you and hoping this round is the one!! Let us know how you are going.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also for those past 12 wks is the NT scan internal or external?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Trace

Yes i was so worried I wouldn't even get to try...the whole cycle cancelled...but got over the hurdle thankfully!

Egg pick up went well. I agree with Jesse Dr Ong's bedside manner is lovely. He was really good with me yesterday which is what I needed after the past week.

7 eggs which is not bad for me...past has been 5 then 8. 6 were good enough to fertilise they told me yesterday afternoon...ICSI

Like most of us though it seems to be day 3 that mine drop off....hopefully this time I have a little fighter or two that keeps going

I will try to get to Robina on Sunday...see how I'm feeling after Saturday.

How's you and Kate?

How's everyone else going?

Nic