Closed Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic, how did you go with your embryos one your first cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie I did better last cycle in my mind. I only had 5 eggs. They fertilised naturally x 3 of them. I had the 3 get to 8 cells. On day of transfer I had one that had been in front all along. The other two had slowed so they left them another day but then they didn't go on. So i had none frozen.

This cycle has just been off from the start. My period came a week early. I was pretty sick and on antibiotics and i felt different. I honestly don't know what to think cause I just figured each cycle got better. But I'm hearing you can just have a 'bad one'.

I find it all a bit confusing some days. Trying to stay positive about this little one. It's hard though. I'm also finding it difficult I'm only getting one opportunity each cycle. However I keep remembering some women have worse things they go through.

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    M struggling with the unknown, I felt good up until egg collection because I was in control and now it's completely been taken out of my hands and now it's just a waiting game....each day have to wait for a call from the lab to let you know everything is ok, wait after transfer to find out if your pregnant, wait after positive test to make sure you don't miscarry etc etc, I'm too impatient for all this waiting, so much so that i called the lab at ten o'clock the morning cause I hadn't heard from them by then! I need to relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie try not to be be too hard on yourself...it's really difficult.

I have felt the same too. One minute you are juggling appointments and following a medical schedule next minute you are just waiting.

But you are right it's important to try and relax...try! Let your body do it's thing. Give yourself a good chance. You can do it you've come this far!

Please let me know how you go today. I have everything crossed for you.

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hi Ladies

Another GCer here... I've been reading your posts for the last few weeks and have found them really helpful. I've just started seeing Dr Ong after ttc for nearly 2 years and having 2 miscarriages. My immune system is totally wack (not the formal diagnosis) and I'm inclined to think this has something to do with it. (Though Dr Ong and Dr Dutt -- who I started seeing for the 2nd pregnancy -- seem to disagree on this...)Have just found out my amh is 5.5 which is about 15th %ile for my age (33). Looks like IVF is on the cards for December. All wisdom is appreciated!Betty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Betty - Welcome to the thread!! You are among a bunch of good women and we are all in a similar boat. I think Nic has an AMH in the 5's and my Kate has an AMH in the 7's, which means it might be a bit harder and more frustrating to get our much longed for babies but it definitely can happen.

Nic - I'm sorry that this round hasn't gone as you had hoped lovely. I understand your disappointment. You are right that we can have a bad or off round. Was it a HCG injection that they gave you? Hopefully that will help your little guy along. What date is your blood test? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Goldie - it sure is an emotional process but as Nic said you have gotten through the first part. You have done all you can and now Mother Nature has to do her thing. It does and can work, so keep the faith. Just look at Calli and Beck and Jesse. So just try and get through each day. The anxiety and waiting really is the worst part but you are doing really well.

AFM: picked up our bag of drugs/needles today. Here we go :-)

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome betty!
    First piece of advice is to don't over think everything and try try try not to google absolutely everything, sometimes knowledge is not the power you need!
    So my 5 cell embryo didn't progress but my two 8 cells are progressing well, one is really good and the other just has a little fragmentation but they are still happy with it, so all good to go for transfer tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the tww officially begins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Hope your weekend is going well and you're all relaxing.

K&T...one more sleep!

Goldie how did you go? You feeling ok? Fingers are crossed for u.

Becks how's the morning sickness?

How is everyone else?

Welcome to the group Betty! Only advice I can give is to do what you're doing...keep an open mind about what this journey might look like to get where you want to be and grab all the support you can along the way...it may come in forms you may not expect!

As for the process...every cycle is different. You will be given very strict instructions from you clinic...I agree with Goldie...to start with just try to take that in and focus on that...the time will go very fast during a cycle...til the wait

ASF: I'm on the wait. Trying to stay positive. Will be going away next week when pregnancy test due. So testing due to public holiday etc will be Tuesday the following week. But I think this time I'll do a home pregnancy test on saturday morning next week.

Trace which one did you say was a good one for early detection?

Shall keep you posted....

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Goldie - I hope your transfer went well on Saturday. Did your other one make it to the freezer? We haven't been able to get any to the freezer yet which is disappointing but I figure we are lucky to at least have a good one to transfer each time. It is better than a cancelled cycle. The first cycle is always the hardest because you don't know what to expect and it really is a learning experience (i.e. you learn about your body, how it responds, and so then know what you can expect if you do need to do a second cycle). I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you are successful this round and that your little embryo is doing its thing. Its now up to mother nature, so just try and take it easy.

Nic - First Response is the best. Buy a box of 3. I so so hope Saturday is a good day for you!! Will you really wait that long?? I guess you had that extra HCG injection didn't you. I don't know how you girls wait!! Self admitting HPT addict right here :-)

Betty - my advice is to just get stuck into it. My mantra (which I have said before) is that we all have a number. Its the cycle number on which our dreams come true. You just have to get to that number. You will learn heaps in your first cycle, and if you do need more than one cycle they do get easier. You know what weekends you need to not to book anything in. Our first cycle Kate really crashed and burned on the lucrin and unfortunately we were down in Armidale for a family reunion. Kate basically could not stop crying. We now call that part of the cycle the "armidale weekend" and don't book anything in just in case the emotions are running wild. Now that is our "movies in bed" weekend. You just do what you need and put yourself first.

Sandy - haven't heard from you in a bit love. Hope you are doing ok.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. How hot was it. Felt like summer arrived overnight!! Nice.

AFM - we are into the jabs. Its like riding a bike. I love being the one to give Kate her injections, though I hate it when it hurts her. Today was a good one. :-)

T&K