Closed Thread
Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages (and all so quick too). I am very impressed.

Betty good luck today - I pressume your appointment is this Wednesday. I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope the nurses are nicer to you this time around. There is nothing worse than when people condescend you. Also I think its ok if you tell them they need to listen to you. I actually did this to Dr Dutt. I told him I needed more information for my own personal clarity and that he should spend more time talking to his patients...... and my gosh he was a different Dr to me after that. I probably had a big warning sticker on my file that siad "be nice to this patient" :O

(I too have done quite a bit of reading and have already done 2 nurse interviews at 2 other IVF clinics so I am not going in blind. Hopefully they understand that).

Goldie, Monash called yesterday and I too have been given Teneka as our nurse - which after reading your post I am very excited about. I spoke to her briefly last week and she sounds great. Thanks for all the info regarding the payment plan and medicare. This is quite different from GFC. There you still pay in 2 installments but you only have 3 days after egg pick and then you can claim it back.

I'll keep you all posted on the day 5 blastocysts. Dr Ong wants to meet my partner next week to discuss this with him. Dr Ong had no trouble convincing me this was best but my DH could be another story, and I guess we have to go with what we are both comfortable with.

So it sounds like there are quite a number of success stories on this thread too which is beautiful. TK and Goldie I hope all your scans go well and your little miracles remain sticky. You guys can be the hope for all of us.

I don't know if anyone believes in the moon and the affects of the planets etc (I'm not really into it but I do pay attention when people tell me).... Anyway the start of next year galaxy wise is suppose to be a great time to start new things when all the stars align. So next year could just be our turn too!

Thanks again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Becko8,

Sorry I just got your message then. Thanks so much for all those details and for the recommendation for Dr Davidson. Prob would have been heaps easier had I just switched to him as CFC have all my results but I feel like I am in with Dr Ong now and don't want to waste more time switching again. This is our 3rd clinic and we haven't even done a cycle yet due to all the stuffing around.

We did see Tess Law at CFC she was simply amazing. Can't rave about her enough and all the nurses we saw were great. They were really helpful and I must say they were great at calling me back the day after the nurse interview to follow up etc. I hope Monash will be just as good

A huge congratulations on your little growing bub. So very exciting! I do love the little miracle stories.

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me. Its really appreciated x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betty – I am so sorry that you got a BFN. I hope your appt with Dr Ong today goes well, and that you mention the lack of support that you got from your nurse. I’m keeping everything crossed that you will be able to cycle, perhaps with a few more tweaks.

Tryingotbepositive – Welcome to the thread. I have done 7 cycles through Monash with Dr Ong (and near enough every nurse – before they started assigning nurses to you in a cycle) and really only have kind words for all the staff there, including all the reception staff. Whilst it took a little longer then we would have liked, I felt supported, listened to and guided the whole way. Dr Ong was always open to any suggestions I made, even when they weren’t ones that he necessarily agreed with, we explored and discussed them together, and reached decisions we both agreed on.
    With your questions, I didn’t use PICSI only ICSI, so can’t help you there sorry. Money I think Goldie covered really well. I also managed to get some of my progesterone covered through my private health, but found that it was only covered when it was in 200mg size and not 400mg, odd I know. Like I briefly mentioned I have found all the nurses very supportive, particularly in my case Sue and Rowena (Rowena was my case nurse), in fact when I got my BFP I don’t know who was happier the staff or me (only teasing, but you get an idea of the support and investment they have in you).
    Again, I have only heard of day 5 transfers, I really hope that after meeting Dr Ong you all reach a decision which works well for you, with the best possible outcome, in the shortest amount of time J J

T&K – Thinking of you today, can’t believe that you guys are nine weeks already!!!!

Kate – Have been thinking of you, hope you are being kind to yourself.

Fullofhope – Did you hear back from the nurses? Are you still on schedule for a new cycle in 4 weeks?

Hope all the pregnant ladies are doing well and keeping cool from this crazy heat at the moment. Never been more grateful for our pool and aircon!!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Just jumping on quick to say hello & welcome to Tryingotbepositive! I can't help with your questions as I'm with Dr O'Dowd at Qld Fertility Group (at Pindara).

Tryingotbepositive - I like the mention about next year being the start of new things. I'm not superstitious or anything either but on our first round (which we fell pregnant with), my stars actually said that I would be pregnant in late May - which I was. I've been looking for another 'sign' on every cycle.

Hopefuljen - I'm doing ok. Good days and bad days. Today I'm a bit tired so feel a bit down too but I'm trying to get out and about. Increased my exercise to get some feel good endorphins going!! My DH also booked us 2 nights away 20-22nd Dec and I'm heading to NZ to see an old girlfriend 2nd week of Jan so have a few things to look forward to. We wont be cycling again until Feb as the clinic will still be closed when I'm due to get my next AF .

I'm going to just try to enjoy the break but to be honest I have no interest seeing any of my gf's who've just had babies or my sister-in-law who had her 3rd 2 weeks after we lost ours. Christmas time is hard when you don't have a little family of your own.

TK - how did your scan go?

BettyW - how did your appt with Dr Ong go?

Hello to all the other girls.

Better head off - looking at sangria recipes for Christmas day!

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

How is everyone going?

Fullofhope are you able to do a cycle in January? It's a good month to spend some time looking after yourself. You deserve it!

KT how did your scan go?

Hopefulgen enjoy your getting away with DH and enjoy having some time to relax.

Welcome tryingtopositive

Afm we just had the the longest 20hrs in our pregnancy so far. Last night I had a small amount of bleeding which stopped. We called the after hours fertility nurse and she said to go in today for another hcg test. We were worried all night and all day until the results came in.

Everything is ok, they can't explain the bleed. Last Friday hcg 7600 and today 33000, thank god !

Can't wait for our scan on Friday 14th to see are little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Welcome tryingtobepositive - So glad you have joined. Like Mustang Kate, we are also with QFG. But see Dr Flynn. So I can't help with your questions on Monash. However, wanted to let you know that we did a day 2 transfer this round as we got very few eggs. Today we had our 9 week scan - so early transfers can work too. Most clinics try to hold out until day 5 as it does increase your chances of (a) picking the right embryo to put back and therefore (b) getting pregnant. Given we had so few embryos we would have put this one back at day 5 anyway so our FS put it back early.

Kate - so glad you have some things to look forward to. These breaks really can be a pain but they can also do you the world of good. We felt much stronger and "ready" for the next round after our 2 month break. Enjoy that sangria!! I've never made it before. By the way, Beck got pregnant from a frozen embryo transfer so don't give up on your little frosty. It might just be the one.

AFM - our scan went great. We are 9 wks today and Goldie you were right that time starts to fly after that 7 wks scan. I think its because slowly your anxiety reduces. Everything was perfect. Bub was definitely bigger and its heart still pumping away. Our FS seemed really happy and my Kate and I are floating on air. We are having another scan on 20 December (just because we can) which will be 11wks 1 day. We just want to know everything is still OK so we can relax over xmas as we have to wait until week 13 for our main scan.

Hang in there everyone - IVF does work. It can be so disheartening when you get bad news but you can and will get your baby. Just keep on going. I have said this before but it really helped me - that is everyone has their number, its the number cycle on which your dreams come true. You don't know the number yet... but it could be your next cycle. It could be the one after that. If you keep going you will get there.

COFFEE (or herbal tea) - any takers for Coffee on Sunday at Zaraffas Upper Coomera???? We are free anytime. God help me when it is my turn and I have to give up Coffee!!!!!!

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin Jess - I just saw your post - it is so scary to have bleeding in pregnancy but it is fairly common. I know lots of the girls on here have had some during their pregnancies. Those numbers are very reasurring though and everything seems to be on track. When is your 7 week scan? They can see where bleeding is coming from on the scans too.

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Erinjess- sounds nerve wracking! Glad the numbers look good though & hope the scan goes really well!!

TK- I have to work this Sunday otherwise I'd be there! glad your scan went well! Hope the next couple weeks fly by like lightning!

I got a call from a nurse who is double checking about our cycle for January... They think I'd be better off on FSH injectables instead of clomid but weary due to me not living close to the clinic if something goes wrong... So ATM not sure... But I have 4 weeks of nothing to enjoy lol. Two more friends announced their pregnancies today ... It'll be my turn soon lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Sorry guys, I'm working on Sunday too. Have fun though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK - I can't either this Sunday as heading to my parents in Brissie. Free on the 16th though.