Closed Thread
Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Fullofhope sorry to hear about your bfn, my thoughts are with you. Try and enjoy the Christmas period with your family and you can get right back to ttc in January, a new year and after a small break. Look after yourself over the next month and you will be all ready for a bfp in jan.

Afm we had our second blood test today at 21dpiui, hcg has gone from 228 at 14dpiui to 7600 today! They are really happy with the numbers, they're very strong. Nothing to do now but wait for our first scan in 2 weeks at 7 weeks. I have to continue progesterone support until the scan so they confirm bubs is all well.

I've been very lucky with symptoms beside a small amount of bloating and twinges, I've had no nausea or extreme exhaustion. I bet this doesn't last much longer.

Sorry no personals I will get to them on the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully it will be us next year posting cute bubba pics.

Take care of yourself.

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope- So sorry to hear you didn't get your bfp this time lovely. It is so disappointing and we are sending u hugs and strength. January will be here before you know it but I understand the last thing u feel like doing is waiting. At least Xmas is in the middle to help keep you distracted and busy.

Betty- How are you going? Have you done any more home tests? 17 days post transfer is really long to wait through what is the most anxious time. More information is what u need at this stage. The whole wait and see aproach sucks. Thinking of you.

Kate- Yeah 150 fsh is the standard level. How many eggs have u gotten each round? My Kate was on 300 due to having a low AMH. Our FS wasn't going to do the AMH test either but we pushed for it as our friends had recommended we do it. I guess if you learn something from each round they are not wasted. We learnt that Kate struggled to produce enough progesterone to support the preg and then could do extra things to change that. I hope you guys find something from these two rounds to help going forwards. Let us know when you get your AMH results. Hope you and your dh are looking after each other.

Erinjess- congratulations on your BIG numbers. That is really great to know u have a good strong one on board. I suspect u will get morning sickness soon with those levels but hey it will be worth it!! So happy for you girls.

AFM - Kate has been having some stomach pain and back pain. Everything worries me. We just can't lose this one. We just can't. Will be good to see our bub again on Wednesday to make sure all is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey guys, thank you for all the lovely messages of support...

We actually don't know whether my last follicle even survived for iui as each time they scanned I had another one gone and there was only 1 left the day before iui, my progesterone levels were also absolutely through the roof which is why I've been so sick and I've also been told not to expect another period for a while until my body can get rid of the progesterone... I'm pretty crushed ATM, but at the same time, looking forward to January and I think I'll be feeling much more refreshed, I'm going to try and use this time to get really fit and healthy .

TK- I hope it's just the uterus stretching and nothing serious! Tinking of you guys . Xo

Erinjess- awesome news on your bloods!! That sounds like very good numbers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi girls,

Full of Hope, I'm so sorry. This is such a tough journey. I don't know about all of you but I swing between optimism and pessimism... You name suggests more optimism though! Hope the progesterone doesn't mess you around too much and that the forced break does your body and soul some good! Sorry all your headaches and nausea have been in vain and not a sign of a bfp. thinking of you.

ErinJess, congratulations on your strong numbers! Sounds like a determined little bubba. Looking forward to hearing about your scan!

Kate, I have one friend (who to be honest I was never close with before now) who has been through IVF and she has been great. I have tried not to lean on her too much though as I am very aware that I wasn't "there" for her when she was going through all this (she's kind of a friend of friends) and so I don't want to overburden her with my issues and questions -- even though she has told me I can. Yoga is great btw -- I love it.
    I'm a bit surprised you haven't had your amh tested yet -- it was the first thing my dr did. I also told my sister to have hers done and I'm glad she did -- at 30 her amh was 4.6 and she has fast tracked her family making plans as a result. I'm 33 and my amh is 5.5 and I was on 375 of Gonal-f -- quite a high dose.

TK, I'd imagine that random aches and pains are fairly normal as the body is adjusting to its new job. I also know that being worried is super normal too. Thinking of you guys -- it sounds like things are different this time and that bub is there for the duration!

Nic, best of luck with the new cycle -- you must be getting in just before the Monash Xmas break -- hopefully I will be joining you!

Calli, Jen, Goldie -- hope you're taking care of yourself and the heat isn't knocking you around too much.

Hi to anyone I've missed!

Me -- another hpt yesterday morning and the line is all but gone. Still bleeding but not as much. Kind of wish I could have just had a bfn and not gone through this week of blood and gore and vanishing hope and fading second lines (though I do know how extremely sucky that is too, FullofHope and Kate). I'll be asking my FS for some kind of Hcg support in the next cycle I think. I was also reading about Luteal phase defect -- anyone on vitamin B6? Am now thinking towards next cycle and really hoping I can fit one in in December -- I have some time off and would like to cycle before going back to work in Jan.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm a also surprised that those of you who are with qfg don't have your amh tested as standard. A simple blood test that costs $70??? Maybe it's different with iui??? But I thought being such a simple test was still worth doing anyway.

Betty- sorry that it's not looking good for you? Good plan to try and get another cycle in before you get back to work. Haven't really felt the heat do much yet, I work in a hospital so lucky for me I've been working the last few days in the freezing cold air con. Sooo not complaining!

T&K-hopefully Kate's pains are nothing, I found I got a lot of muscular type pain in my lower abdo when I would cough/sneeze/laugh cause everything is starting to loosen and relax, so hopefully its just that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Goldie77 - the first I had heard of the AMH test was after our 3rd cycle of IVF (and our 2nd BFN). They said they are no making them standard for all girls. Not sue why I wasn't given it earlier. My FS (O'Dowd) didn't seem to fussed by them and said they only really tell you when you should start ttc (if it's low start earlier etc). O'Dowd doesn't seem fussed in doing anything outside of the box. He's mentioned it to me twice now that at the big conference they all went to that all of the 'other' things they try with IVF (i.e. evening primrose, Royal Jelly, etc etc) have no effect on the outcomes.

TK First fresh round we did a down reg cycle and got 15 eggs, 10 mature and at day 5 we only had 2 good ones. This fresh cycle I did a no pill antagonistic and got 6 eggs, 4 mature and had 2 at the end. O'Dowd said I was lucky to even get 6. It's weird though because of both cycles I still had same result at the end. This round we did a day 3 transfer though.

Hope all the other girls are doing ok. I had both mine and my DH's Christmas parties this w/end and it was.............hard. I had a few drinks both nights and apart from them going straight to my head I felt incredibly guilty and had a big cry after both nights. It's times like that you really feel the effects of the IVF roller-coster.

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't beat yourself up Kate -- you probably needed the relaxation, not to mention something yummy! I lashed out and had 2 coffees yesterday -- living on the edge huh?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Official BFN today. Appointment with Dr Ong Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Betty I'm so sorry.