Closed Thread
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Some people just dont get it. I bet if she had to she would go through ivf too. Easy to say until your faced with the situation. Do you think it could be her bizarre way of being encouraging if it were not to work? Hate to think it is but some people can be tactless at times.

Thanks
    Reviews

Fullofhope sorry to hear about your friend's comments, they were really inappropriate and hurtful.

Nausea and back pain could be a positive sign for you, you're right this is a lucky thread and I hope it continues this way for you and everyone else.

Bettyw and mustangkt good luck with the rest of your tww. How are you both going? Will you test before your BT?

Afm- starting to get pretty tired throughout the day and some bouts of dizziness but nothing too major. Hanging out for our second BT on Friday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKristy09 View Post
    Hi TK - no I don't mind u asking

I have PCOS and hubby has low count and mobility..
    Sharkeys Healing Centre.. They specialize in treatment programs for ivf patients, treatments for male infertility etc...
    Apparently she's great and really caring so we'll give her a go.. Might go see them earlier than June... Don't know lol xxx
    Hi Kristy, I have just read all the messages over the last week or so and saw your message and had to comment. I have PCOS and my DH has low sperm count and mobility issues too. We tried Sharkeys for about 8 months or so before trying IVF and spent a fortune on the herbs (yuk!) and all the appointments which we didn't mind doing if it was going to work. We had blood tests (again expensive because not ordered through a doctor) and she eventually told us that the problem was that I was missing a particular hormone (can't remember which one it was) which was produced when you relaxed. She told me the best thing I could do was to relax more, meditate, yoga, massage etc. As I am a lawyer (and as Trace would sympathise with) relaxing doesnt come into it when you are working. When I finally went to our FS he told me that even if I had done all the relaxing on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere, it would have taken a huge miracle for us to fall pregnant naturally. He told us that when you have PCOS and low sperm that your chances of falling naturally are very slim. After 2 IVF cycles, I am now 22 + 1 day pregnant and so glad we didn't keep going with Sharkeys. I know she means well and quite possibly has positive results but from our experience when you have big problems like we did, it seems that all the natural help in the world couldn't have done it for us. That's not to say that you wouldnt be different to us but it is expensive and when you then have to do IVF on top of it, it makes it hugely expensive. Not to mention our FS told us to stop taking all the herbs as soon as we saw him cause he said some if them interfere with IVF treatment. not saying that you would have the same exprience cause everybody is different but just thought I would share our experience. Goodluck with your decisions xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK - OMG you have reached the 7 week mark! I am so thrilled for you both. I really am convinced that this page has turned into a lucky one given all the pregnancies that have happened of late. I really am soooo excited for you guys. Please please please can we organise another coffee catch up so I can give you guys a hug in person! Think i need to buy you guys a coffee this time to make up for the late notice pull out (thanks work!). When are you free? And to everyone else, we would loveto see you all. Jen, please come too cause i want to see your bump! I am just so excited for you TK! And although you feel like 12 weeks will never come, it's just around the corner. Does Kate have any MS?

Hi everybody else.

Beck- wow! 16 weeks. Amazing work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry must have pressed the wrong button.

Becks - that's wonderful news. So happy for you.

Goldie - how far along are you now?

Afm - I am starting to get really tired again. Although i have cut back on my hours at work, this is my busiest time. I am generally at work just before 8 and am lucky to be out the door by 7. My DH is working at the mines (2 weeks on and 1 week off) so thankfully my beautiful parents have stepped in and packed my dogs and I up and have insisted that I stay with them during Dhs 2 weeks away. It's perfect cause I wasn't eating as well as I should have been cause I was just too exhausted when I got home to cook. So everything is Going well. Bubba is moving all the time which is the most amazing feeling. Can't wait to meet her soon!

To everyone who is cycling, I wish you all the best. I continue to post on here on occasion in the hope that my story (and now it seems so many others) will help you realise that it does work. Hang in there cause you BFP is just around the corner xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks Calli, think I needed a positive message.

Had some family dramas Friday and got really upset -- sobbing and feeling sick all day. I don't know how much was the drugs making me more sensitive, but all I could think was that I wasn't supposed to get stressed and it was going to ruin the cycle.

Have just now had some spotting -- could be implantation bleeding I suppose but am inclined to pessimistically wonder if it was the emby 'letting go' because of Friday... I read that stress can cause the uterus to contract. I just stupidly did a POAS test (9 days post epu, 4 days post et) and of course it was negative. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews

Calli, 12 weeks tomorrow (Monday)!!! Time is flying!

Betty, so not stupid to have POAS, we all do it. I did mine first around 4dpt too as yes mine was negative too. But just think of it as now you ave confirmed that any HCG drugs are definately out of your system and when you next text and its positive, it's going to be for real! I got my first positive at 8dpt, faint but still positive. And at least you got your fix and it's out if your system for the moment.
    Re - the stress. Im no expert cause I didn't go through it, but Dr Ong told me that if the embryo didn't implant it would just be absorbed by the body so I'm thinking that there wouldn't be any any bleeding involved cause the body is expelling anything? And you would just get your proper period when it was time?
    I hope that it's the case and your bleed was due to implantation.
    When is your blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betty - SOrry you have had a tough time with family, the drugs really don't help you in already emotional situations. On my positive cycle I had implantation spotting, so try and stay positive... and like goldie said at least now you know that the HCG is out of your system and your positive will be a positive.

Fullofhope - I'm sorry that your friend said those comments to you, it always shocks and upsets me when I hear those opinions, I think it is crazy. Hope you are doing ok!

Goldie - Yay for 12 weeks tomorrow!!

Calli - Glad that you are slowing down a little at work, and that your parents are looking after you while DH is away. How are you finding him being away. Can't wait to see your bump too!!!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are doing well

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the kind words, they were my thoughts exactly. I'm not upset, but at the same time I don't think our friendship will be the same...look forward to meeting some of you one day to have some friends with something in common! Goldie- is that true that once hcg is out, a positive should deffinately be a positive? And do you have any idea how long the shot would have lasted? My nurse told me 14 days but I think she just didn't want me to POAS lol. Wow 12 weeks! Congrats! Betty- thinking of you and hope your doing okay... XoErinjess- we might be at the bloods the same time Friday! LolAfm- trying not to think about it, because it could be the heat, tired, working alot etc... But I've been having more nausea, back pain, cramps, headache the past 24 hours!! Have been fighting myself all day not to POAS lol... Still waiting... fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my message seems to be all bunched up again... :s