Closed Thread
Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone! Hope everyone is feeling strong and positive! I have to say I'm starting to relax and let myself enjoy being pregnant. I have my second heartbeat scan on Friday then if all still good I'm off next week to see the OB I've chosen at John Flynn.
    Heath wise I'm feeling good, few waves of nausea throughout the day but the only last a few minutes. Apart from that no dramas at all.
    I'm eager to hear how everyone is travelling and I'm on hear regularly keeping up to date with everyone!
    Im cheering for you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Trace and Kate!!!!!!!!! Hope you get levels that make you feel confident tomorrow! So exciting!!!!

Fullofhope: hugs to you. Trace is right...science is a wonderful thing and they have developed so many ways to jump our 'hurdles' that some of us have in terms of fertility.
    At monash the counselling and nurse appointment is part of the ivf fee. My counselling appoint they asked key questions about my plans to support bub, not just financially but emotionally and support for me through the process stuff like that, but i am single so they focussed on that with me alot.
    I think i read you are choosing a donor too? they walk you through that process too. I was a bit overwhelmed when picking a donor...I had a 3 counselling appointments in total and went home and really thought about what i was looking for in a donor to help me choose. but that's just me!
    The nurse goes through what to expect from a medical prospective and a show and tell on injections they also touched on finances.
    As for medicare I didn't have to register as such as I am a single person. The registering was for couples I am told so they can combine expenses.
    Well that's been my experience anyway I hope it helps. The clinics are so supportive. They deal with this type of thing everyday so try not to worry.
    As for all the other girls hope all is well?

take care
    Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are always so helpful!!
    thank you GCnic, I am single also, so I'm guessing it will be much the same as you maybe. Good to know about not needing to register for medicare either! . Looking forward to tomorrow aside from this aweful headache which I'm not sure is from the clomid or the anxious/excitement lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

TKwishing- I'm an ambulance officer in the operations centre so I had to deliver these two miracles blind over the telephone. Pretty amazing. I have a blood test on Monday and then if all follows our last two cycles insem will be day 13 or 14 which is around Friday 9th nov. All the best with your BT tomorrow

Fullofhope- we had the counseling and nurse session at qfg and there was no additional charge. The nurse spoke about how IUI and ivf works.

The counsellor was nice and made us feel really comfortable. She just wanted to make sure we understand that treatment can take a while and be an emotional roller coaster. She also asked us about how we would explain using donor sperm to our child family and how we felt about it etc and in our case what sort of father influences will be in our child's like.we didn't find it daunting or uncomfortable it was really straight forward. Hope all goes well at your appts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erinjess - are you at southport in comms? I'm an ACP but stopped working about 3 years ago. I was at coral gardens. 2 babies in one day or twins? How cool!

T & K - I'm dying to hear your news. It's always such a long wait. My clinic has a deal with qml that they get results back at 1 on but they never do. I had to wait till3 or 4. I hope you don't have to wait that long!!!

Goldie - how far are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beck-I'm 8 weeks. How funny looks like there are a few of us that work in the health industry hey!

Fingers crossed for you today Tracey & Kate!

Thanks
    Reviews

Beck- it was one baby on each of my last two nightshifts. yes I'm at southport I've been there just over 2 years and my partner 4years. We have five family members in the QAS.
    Will you go back on road? I was studying paramedic science but I switched to nursing, eventually I'd like to go into medicine.

TK thinking if you both today and sending positive vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone - we have good news!!! We are definitely pregnant. HCG is 123 (they said anything over 100 is good at this stage) and progesterone is 700!! OMG the last 2 rounds it was in the 20's. They said the progesterone was really really high and were going to talk to our FS about dropping down the level of support Kate is on. They said to have another blood test next week but we have asked for another blood test on Saturday given our track record just to make sure everything is going up at the right rate. We are just so relieved and happy. I don't think it is twins as the levels are in the normal range for a singleton but maybe its too early to tell. Either way we are pregnant!!!!

Goldie - great to hear you have hit the 8 week mark and are feeling fine. Hope all goes well on Friday with your second scan. Let us know!! Do you still get any blood tests after the first few weeks? When do they stop doing them?

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations TK what such great news. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on in

Thanks
    Reviews
    T& K – WOO HOO !!! The best news!!! Congrats to you both, I am over the moon for you!! You guys must be sooo happy. And wow is Kate’s progesterone high, so glad they got the combo that worked for you!!! Sooo what is your due date??

Goldie77 – Yay for being 8 weeks and starting to enjoy your pregnancy It’s exciting moving on from the FS to the OB. Enjoy seeing your little one tomorrow, let us know how you go!

Beck – You must have your NT scan coming up soon, if you haven’t already had it. How are you feeling?

GCNic – How are you feeling? Not long til you start your next cycle....Feeling positive for you!!

ErinJess – Good luck with your bloods on Monday!

Fullofhope – Glad to hear that you are feeling more positive Good luck tomorrow!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefuljen For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (01-11-2012)