Closed Thread
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope - Yep, $500 reg fee is a one off registration, even if you are with the clinic for years and come back for a second child etc. I'm sorry you have had a hard day. It is really hard to hear news like that. But almost everyone on here has some kink in their fertility and there have been lots of BFP's lately so don't lose hope. Science is an amazing thing and lots of women with PCOS have been successful. Knowing what the issue is helps to find ways around it. Hang in there lovely. It is exciting that you are moving forwards now though. Have fun picking your donor!!

AFM - well we did a HPT again this morning and there is a strong second line (wahoo) :-) Today is 4 days after the last Pregnyl injection and last week when we tested 4 days after the first injection there was only the slightest shadow of a line. Soooo we are pretty confident that Kate is pregnant!!! Plus today's line is darker than yesterday's and I figure if there was no baby growing in there the line at the very least should be lighter than yesterday. We will test again tomorrow and have the blood test on Thursday but feeling pretty happy at the moment!!

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    T&K - Woohoo that is sounding very promising, I hope it gets even darker tomorrow!! Yay!! The start of the third time lucky ladies.... So happy for you both XX

Fullofhope - Sorry you had a tough day yesterday. It's a hard one as it's a relief to actually get a diagnosis so you know what's going on, but you also wish you didn't have to have a need. I have PCOS and Endo and am now pregnant (second time), so please know that it does happen, and it def isn't un common. I know quite a few people that have had children with PCOS (both naturally and assisted), so please don't lose hope. I also did acupuncture through my cycles and found that it really helped regulate my cycles, perhaps something to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Erinjess- Thank you . He did give me some papers to read about PCOS but didn't say that it would be a major negative so I'm hoping he still feels I won't have too much trouble carrying a baby, fingers crossed . TK- thank you! Secretly a little scared about choosing a donor lol. I've been told there are plenty available to choose from ATM . Wooooo how very exciting for the positive pregnancy test!! congratulations!! Hopefuljen- very positive knowing it does happen for so many woman with PCOS, and also because I have had a little one myself years ago too... I'm trying to stay positive, maybe a little too positive lol Afm- I'm feeling much more positive today, first day of clomid, has anyone had side effects using clomid before. I haven't noticed anything so far .Also I read a few times in other threads being 'registered' for Medicare safety net? Am I suppose to do something for that or are u automatically registered? Seems so confusing... :s... I'm no good trying to figure out the whole financial side of this :s I think that's my biggest stress so far!
    Last edited by fullofhope; 30-10-2012 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry it looks like my post has no spaces this time? Weird...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

I have delivered two babies at work in the last week, I hope this is a positive sign for our upcoming third cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    T&K-congratulations, so exciting. Bet you can't wait for the official blood test on Thursday hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a thicker darker line today!!! We are so pregnant. Now starts the nervous wait. Our HCG levels have never been super high so hoping Thursday brings good news with strong levels. Fingers crossed!!!! Thanks for your support girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    T & K I'm so excited for you! I've haven't posted for a while but have been reading your updates every day! You both deserve this so much. I'm so happy for you. For great HCG results on Thursday. Can't wait to hear results. I hope the wait isn't too crazy for you. The wait for that HB is awful but I'm sure there'll be 2 beauties in there. Woooohooooo!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Beck!! Exciting times. Kate is extremely bloated this time round so the 6 x a day progesterone support seems to be working. The last two rounds her progesterone seemed to drop off and we lost both pregnancies, but this round is very different. Feeling positive but bloods tomorrow will tell the story :-)

Erin - OMG how amazing that you delivered 2 babies. That must be the most wonderful experience. Are you a nurse/midwife??? an ambulance officer??? What date will your insem be?

Fullofhope - Kate used Clomid for IUI and just got a bit snappy/irritable but nothing too major. Are they putting you on that for a month or two before starting the IUI to check for ovulation/response? And YES you need to register for the safety net. There is a form to fill out but if you ring them up they can talk you through it. Plus keep all your receipts for tax time as if you spend over a certain amount in a Financial Year you can get some extra money back at tax time. Unfortunately, they have raised the threshold this year but you might still get some back. Save everything from Clomid receipts etc.

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK- thank you! Do you mean Ring Medicare to apply or QFGms EEC to sort it out that's for sure. His put me on clomid and go back in another week to have a scan, if it looks good then insem will be the following week... Is tomorrow your scan or next Thursday?? good luck!!! Fingers crossed

Afm- Day 2 of clomid, have two appointments tomorrow 1 with the nurses & 1 for the counseling I think? Anyone know what happens with those usually and do they have their own fees etc? I'm feeling great the past few days . Then comes choosing donor sperm lol.

Hope everyone is going well!